Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

teebee

Members

Profile Views: 5*
Local Time: Jun 18 2010, 05:37 AM 10 posts (0.09 per day)

teebee doesn't have a personal statement currently.

Personal Photo
Personal Info
Contact Information

teebee
Age Unknown
Male
Northumberland
Birthday Unknown
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Send an Email

Topics
Files E2T
Comments
Friends
My Content
25 Feb 2010
Read Topic
Toshiba recovery image to USB
Hello,

I humbly ask for help, or some pointers in the right direction, for assistance with a problem I am finding a bit of a challenge.

I have a Toshiba netbook running XP that allows me to create a recovery DVD. I have made an ISO of the recovery disk and have been fumbling around for some time now trying to get this to boot from a flash drive. The fumbling part of this statement should give you an indication of the level of progress I have made confused1.gif

I have tried using uunetboot to load the image, but didn't have any success (booted with a default option and would go no further). I have also tried extracting the boot sector with BBIE in the hope that maybe I could figure out what to do with it a reload it to the flash drive with mkbt then copy the ISO files over, but I was out of my depth here and had no idea if this would work, so I bottled out. I am not even sure if the flash drive is supposed to FAT or NTFS formatted unsure.gif

In case it may be useful, the visible structure of the ISO is reproduced (rougly) below:

It has a bootmgr file and a setinv.ini at its root and a bunch of folders;
A Boot folder containing a bcd file, boot.sdi and etfsboot.com
An EFI\microsoft\boot folder containing another bcd file
A HDDPrep folder containing a bootmgr file and a boot directory the same as the first, but also a sources directory with a boot.wim
A Sources folder with another boot.wim
A Tools folder containing imagex and some other bits
And a ZZImg folder with a few .swm files and a .crc (which I gather is just a multipart .wim)

My thanks in advance,

Tony

24 Feb 2010
Read Topic
Hello...
Hi All,

I've looked in once or twice before and thought I would join the community, as you seem to be a friendly and helpful bunch.

I have rudimentary programming skills, but am very green with all things sector 0 and hoped I could learn a thing or two here. Please be gentle wink.gif

All the best,

Tony

Extras
Options
Options
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Last Visitors
teebee has no visitors to display.
Comments
Other users have left no comments for teebee.
Friends
There are no friends to display.
* Profile views updated each hour