Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

Arjun

Members

Profile Views: 10*
Local Time: Jun 26 2010, 08:38 AM 29 posts (0.09 per day)

Arjun doesn't have a personal statement currently.

Personal Photo
Personal Info
Contact Information

Arjun
22 years old
Male
India
Born Nov-13-1987
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Send an Email

Topics
Files E2T
Comments
Friends
My Content
22 Nov 2009
Read Topic
Execute a command before shutdown
Hi,
I am using Imdisk to mount a disk image in LiveXP. And I often forget to un-mount the image before shutdown. I hope it won't cause any trouble. But for some other reasons I want to execute a command when I press the shutdown button.
On googling, I found that my task was very easy using the group policy editor. Unfortunately, LiveXP doesn't have gpedit.msc. Is there any other way to run a batch file when I give the shutdown command or include group policy to LiveXP.
3 Nov 2009
Read Topic
LiveXP shutdown process
The shutdown process of LiveXP takes just a second. It ends the process PEloader. As a result. the hard drive which has write caching enabled will have pending write operations in its flash memory. If liveXP power off the system abruptly, won't it cause file system errors and may corrupt the partitions.
I haven't noticeed any problem yet. But I fear that it may cause problem in future.

P.S: MedEvil has posted topic Can our PE kill hardware?, Miracles and Wonders! . He reported some systems were dead after running LiveXP
18 Sep 2009
Read Topic
Program files outside the bootsdi.wim
Hi guys,

I tried wimboot script to create ISO of my project. Everything works fine. Well now i want to include many programs and softwares in it (VLC which is aroung 50MB). By doing so, my bootsdi.wim file becomes larger and takes long time to boot. So I want to keep program files outside the bootsdi.wim that is, in the root of the cd drive and map the shorcuts in Modelram to this folder. I set the %program files% location to W: drive. this option is present in ProgramFilesPE script. But W drive was not created in LiveXP at all.

P.S. In vistaPE, there is option to keep program files outside wim file and access them using the %cddrive% variable !
22 Aug 2009
Read Topic
Black band in common tasks pane
Hi all
I previously reported about the missing Common tasks pane in explorer. Now its been solved after updating "Explorer - shell tweaks and settings script". But now the task pane is in Luna visual style which gives a black band instead of scroll bar as shown in the screenshot. Please help to resolve this bug.

P.S.: I did not use any script to enable theme in my project.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

17 Aug 2009
Read Topic
VirtualBox guest additions for LiveXP
I need to create a shared folder access to my hard drive from LiveXP.
Many virtualbox scripts are available for VistaPE, but not a single one for LiveXP. I need virtualbox guest addition script to include in LiveXP project.

huh.gif huh.gif

Extras
Options
Options
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Last Visitors

11 Apr 2010 - 21:18
sanjay

13 Nov 2009 - 18:33
apple9999

20 Aug 2009 - 17:32

17 Aug 2009 - 13:11
Comments
Other users have left no comments for Arjun.
Friends
There are no friends to display.
* Profile views updated each hour