Personal Photo
Rating

Options
Options
Personal Statement
winimizer doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Personal Info
winimizer
Age Unknown
Gender Not Set
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Statistics
Profile Views: 202*
Local Time: Oct 20 2007, 01:25 PM
19 posts (0 per day)
Contact Information
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Send an Email
* Profile views updated each hour

winimizer

.script developer

Topics
Comments
Friends
My Content
7 Jul 2007
Read Topic
Improvement on Mindows Setup
Hi Folks ---

Here is a way to make setting up Mindows much easier:

To the Mindows setup directory (e.g. c:\min98) add all the INF files from a full windows setup. For example, copy c:\windows\inf\*.* c:\min98 . Be sure to avoid overwriting any INF files already present in c:\min98.

Now run setup as usual, and you will find that most, and possibly all of your hardware will be detected during the setup process.

Also the whole c:\min98 directory can be copied to a CD, and the setup process executed from the CD. If the CD is bootable, all the better.

Enjoy --- Mike
22 Feb 2007
Read Topic
Mindows 98 (98 shell)
I just this morning found the solution to a problem that has been vexing me : NTFS volume recognition under the Windows 98 shell. The solution involves altering the registry entries for esdi_506.pdr in conjunction with Paragon's pntfs.vxd .

Now I can kick back and pump out an installer for a Mindows which uses the Windows98 shell. It'll be larger than the basic Mindows(95), but still small, and of course, free of IE.

Once this installer is uploaded, I'll get real about providing a means of producing a liveCD.
21 Jan 2007
Read Topic
Logo.sys for Mindows?
Hi --- I have fixed the error message (cannot find sulogo.sys) that occurs at the end of file copying in the Mindows setup. Anyone interested in creating a startup screen (minlogo.sys) for Mindows? I have one which I got from a guy in Malaysia, which I will include for the moment. Still not settled in with my own internet connection, but will try to upload sometime this coming week. I'll post a notification on http://www.winimize.com when the corrections have been made to the setup files.
1 Jan 2007
Read Topic
Mindows ( Tiny Win9x ) Installation
Hey, Folks ---

I'm pleased to announce that Boot-land has graciously offered to host a page devoted to winimization ( http://www.winimize.com ).

I have received many questions relating to the setting up of a Win9x based installation as small as 7 Meg. After having created a means of installing a setup of approximately 18 Meg, I have moved on to other projects, but think that a forum such as this could be invaluable to those encountering problems during or after setup.

I have received many questions concerning topics such as USB or CD booting, CD writing, changing the keyboard to another language, etc. etc. I will be willing to help with some of these difficulties, but would really prefer that the community of users take on the task of helping to explain some of the fine points necessary to meet specific needs.

Thus, I would recommend that we start by asking questions about specific problems encountered in setting up Mindows, and hope that these threads will evoke responses on the part of those who have overcome these same problems. It is my hope that after a while this forum will assume a life of its own.

Thanks boot-land, and best to all --- winimizer (mike of winimize.com)
Last Visitors

19 Sep 2007 - 17:30

7 Jun 2007 - 12:22

6 Jun 2007 - 13:12
specter_57

12 May 2007 - 18:16

12 Mar 2007 - 18:54

Comments
Other users have left no comments for winimizer.

Friends
There are no friends to display.
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2007 - 05:25 PM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it

IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here