Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

maanu

Advanced user

Profile Views: 42*
Local Time: Jun 16 2010, 10:51 PM 868 posts (1.46 per day)
Using Personal Messenger

maanu doesn't have a personal statement currently.

Personal Photo
Personal Info
Contact Information

maanu
Silver Member
Age Unknown
Gender Not Set
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Private

Topics
Files E2T
Comments
Friends
My Content
20 May 2010
program introduction :

fbinst is a command line tool coded by BEAN . he is also the co-coder of grub4dos .
this utility was coded by keeping in mind to achieve the universal support for booting USB drives on the systems which support it .

following is the main thread (chinese )

http://bbs.znpc.net/viewthread.php?tid=566...;extra=page%3D4

here is what i did with the great help of JACLAZ (now known as Wonko the Sane)

it is automated cmd script which uses latest fbinst and grub4dos (15th May 2010) to make a bootable usb for you .

just a friendly reminded ,

fbinst works ONLY on xp ,2k3, 2k 32BIT versions .
you can use a XP or 2k3 based PE too to run my script .

Enjoy and leave feedback . biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MaanuPak.7z ( 185.74K ) Number of downloads: 68

18 May 2010
Read Topic
A tool like this exists ? (more like clonedisk)
ok here is the situation . (i am assuming)

1. i have a bad hdd with lots of bad sectors .

2. i want to image it first (whole hdd) to a safe location so that my data is safe ,before i start some recovery tools on that hdd.

3. so i go ahead and start to make an image of WHOLE hdd with lets say GHOST , or any other tool .

but it does not even START , due to bad sectors on the hdd . or lets support it starts but ends after a while , and does not make full image.

4. now , i could not find any tool which can do the following ,

SKIP the bad sectors and just copy the GOOD sectors off the HDD to the image file .

technically it will be the clonedisk's first option , Image to DISK , with RAW.

but there is not that option i am talking about , that it can ACTUALLY SKIP THE BAD SECTORS and just copy the GOOD sectors as RAW image .which i can later mount with imdisk (and i suppose it will have all my partitions too ? ) and copy the files i need.

diskgenius does not even have the HDD CLONE option. the only tool i can think off right now is clonedisk .
15 May 2010
Read Topic
ERD Commander 5 PORTABLE (from livexp ,win7 pe )
its been a while since i have been seeing posts all over asking how to get ERD commander 2005 working from usb or from multiboot dvd setup.

it is sure a tricky business. but few months ago i came across a method which can be used to make erd commander 2005 useable AS PORTABLE from running live xp ,and win 7 pe.

i did not share it here , because i was afraid as it is not free. but now i guess i should do it WITHOUT files of ERD commander 5 .those files can be achived from erd boot disc .

just follow the instructions and have yourself an easiest ERD commander 2005 EVER laugh.gif

instructions :

1.download the below archive , it is only set of cmd files files , with these cmd files , you will be able to redirect the HOST OS registry to the PE and can use the required ERD component NO matter you are in XP PE or in win 7 pe.

http://filebeam.com/e309e850d920d7718984de8844bedd00

2. in the above downloaded archive, there will be a file,

list of needed files.txt

make sure you get the SAME files.just keep my CMD files as it is with same names.

3. once you have all the required files,do the following (assuming you have win rar installed ,other wise you can use 7z)

ctrl -A ,it will select all files ,right click,add to archive
, tick , create SFX archive , go to Advanced Tab, sfx options,
run After extraction , write Maanu1.cmd there.
go to comment , copy paste the below,

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

path=%temp%
Setup=Maanu1.cmd
silent=1
overwrite=1

if you will follow all these instructions , then in the end , you will
have a 100% WORKING ERD COMMANDER 2005 PORTABLE ,which i have tested myself
from LiveXP 1.X (xp 32bit,2k3 32bit as source) , win 7PE (both 32bit) .

plz remember , the BASIC focus of this tutorial is to run a PORTABLE ERD COMMANDER 2005 components from win7 pe and livexp . NOT the boot disc .
in my humble view , the ALL beauty of erd commander 2005 is in its components NOT in the boot disc itself.

me and few of my friends are using it ,.and totally satisfy with it.

Note : in case someone CANT find the files or something else regarding this issue , pm me.
10 May 2010
Read Topic
DiskGenius 3.3.0525 OFFICIAL (including DOS)
now this is what i have been dreaming for last 6 months ,

AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH DOS VERSION of the 3.2 series . and they just did it .

too bad , i read my mail too late ,that Dgen sent me about it (it was 2 weeks before) .

anyways following is the new web link to the tool ,

http://dgisok.com/

(click on download )

it is shareware now , but as far as i could see ,there is no time stamp and no feature restriction .

the package includes the dos version too . although it is not in ready to use manner .
in case u guys need it , let me know .

(once it is installed, u can go to program files ,in its directory and u can use it portable by copying the files from there . )

by the way , it seems that the chinese version will remain FREE . sad.gif
BUT the good thing is , DOS english version is still freeware.
and thats what i needed BADLY . its dos version .

edit :

here is the dos version (FREE DOS) . download the win version from the official link i mentioned above.

dos version of 3.3.0525

http://filebeam.com/f423d4af274c8eb040964cf3830b7499

edit 2 :

only DOS version has a limitation of Copying or deleting files from the hdd. it can be overcome by registering the windows version . thanks to fuwi for reporting it ,\

here ,

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry100512

edit 3 :

i noticed another FEATURE RESTRICTION .

i tried partition recovery option yesterday . diskgenius found my partitions , and it asked me to " save partition table " . when i tried to do it , it said to REGISTER diskgenius . mad.gif
i tested it in WINDOWS version only ,

edit 4 :

the above LOST PARTITION RECOVERY restrictions is not included in DOS version .
updated the dos version to 3.3.0525 . windows version can be downloaded from the main link i posted above . it is updated today . (as of 26th May 2010)

i ll be updating the restrictions shortly one by one of windows and Dos versions.
10 May 2010
Read Topic
DiskGenius 3.2.2010.9 OFFICIAL (including DOS)
now this is what i have been dreaming for last 6 months ,

AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH DOS VERSION of the 3.2 series . and they just did it .

too bad , i read my mail too late ,that Dgen sent me about it (it was 2 weeks before) .

anyways following is the new web link to the tool ,

http://dgisok.com/

(click on download )

it is shareware now , but as far as i could see ,there is no time stamp and no feature restriction .

the package includes the dos version too . although it is not in ready to use manner .
in case u guys need it , let me know .

(once it is installed, u can go to program files ,in its directory and u can use it portable by copying the files from there . )

by the way , it seems that the chinese version will remain FREE . sad.gif

edit 1 : can any mode delete this thread , i posted it twice by mistake ;. the other thread is complete . if anyone wants to comment , plz use the following thread ,
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...amp;#entry99679

thanks.

Extras
Options
Options
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Last Visitors

1 Jun 2010 - 20:46

29 May 2010 - 6:57
Shadowmeph

18 May 2010 - 21:26
Dive

26 Apr 2010 - 8:27

21 Apr 2010 - 8:51
Comments
Other users have left no comments for maanu.
Friends
There are no friends to display.
* Profile views updated each hour