> Vista look in XP

MedEvil
post Yesterday, 03:44 PM
Post #61

Platinum Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 2,192

QUOTE (allanf @ Feb 19 2009, 04:04 AM) *
I didn't mean to sound rude. Just meant to say that the keys are not listed as new (added) or changed (modified), so it was abit hard to tell whcih were which..
Though, I am a bit frustrated and nearly ready pack this. The only positive outcome is the creation of a ViStart folder in UserProfile sub-directory rather than out in the cold on x:\.

Sorry that i misread you.
But i don't get your problem. With the registry entries in place ViStart should might still refuse to work but the error message should disappear or at least change.
You can not have all dependencies solved, all paths created and all registry settings in place and still get a path error! That's just not possible!!!

What;s your tone?

I'm getting really frustrated.
I told you that ViStart will not start without the Registry entries a bunch of posts before and now you tell me that you haven't yet used them! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/frusty.gif)

I'll try to set that key before installing/starting ViStart.

The key will not solve any error messages. When it is not properly set, Vistart will just not show up even though it's running.

BTW adopt not equal to adapt! Both could be use in the given context, but with slightly different meanings.

Sorry make this error a lot, i mean adapt.

You can try to use an XP install in a VM.
Install ViOrb and ViStart. When you know that they work, you start replacing the shell.
They still work? Start throwing out files that are not in you project till they fail.
They do not fail even after all files have been thrown out? Start throwing out registry keys.

I personaly, find the add approach we've done so far, easier, but maybe this works better for you. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/confused1.gif)

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)
Go to the top of the page

There is 7 page(s) Go to first page Previous Page Page : 5 Page : 6 7

3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts VistaPE Loader Help
2 Thatguy2223 90 Today, 07:44 AM
Last post by: Thatguy2223
No New Posts Topic has attachments XP styles in PE
12 MedEvil 186 Yesterday, 06:33 PM
Last post by: MedEvil
No new Posts Topic has attachments Install XP from USB AFTER Booting with PE from HDD or USB
163 wimb 36,723 Yesterday, 06:05 PM
Last post by: magic12kenneth
No New Posts XP Installation .iso + Install to HDD / Boot a Ubuntu 8.04 live image
6 ToXiKuS 911 Yesterday, 07:40 AM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts VistaPE Boot-DVD with additional software possible?
1 foxhunter 123 18th February 2009 - 07:22 PM
Last post by: steelbone

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   74 clicks", img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   34 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2009 - 08:34 AM