IPB

There is 2 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Next page 

> VistaPE 12 and Virtual PC Additions, Works 100% (minus sound)

madhopsman
post Jan 23 2009, 03:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,156

United States

Well, after MANY hours of toiling, I have created a script for VistaPE that adds the drivers for Virtual PC 2007 (It's what I use for testing builds). The video driver installs fine, and the mouse filter is working, but not correctly. The mouse can seamlessy go between Virtual PC and the host OS, but is unusable in the guest. Also, not all the services start automatically. I will post what I have done so far in the hopes that these last few hurtles can be overcome by others more knowledgeable than me. Any takers?

Update: Everything now works! As an aside, you do NOT need to wait for the "Virtual Machine Additions Services Application" or ""Virtual Machine Additions Shared Folder Service" to start, nor does the S3 driver need to be loaded for Drag-And-Drop to function. The only thing that doesn't function is th resize on the fly. I had it working with my older script. I will try and get that working as well.

Update to the update: Resize on the fly is working now, too. I should also mention that the "Shared Folders" does work as well. This script does NOT have the sound drive installed. If anyone finds it necessary, let me know and I can try and add it.

Thanks to JonF for the finding old script and thanks to Max_Real, Qnx for NightMan for writing the old script.
Attached File  VirtualPC.script ( 538.47K ) Number of downloads: 10
Go to the top of the page

bishr
post Jan 26 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,450

Bahrain

QUOTE (madhopsman @ Jan 23 2009, 04:18 AM) *
Well, after MANY hours of toiling, I have created a script for VistaPE that adds the drivers for Virtual PC 2007 (It's what I use for testing builds). The video driver installs fine, and the mouse filter is working, but not correctly. The mouse can seamlessy go between Virtual PC and the host OS, but is unusable in the guest. Also, not all the services start automatically. I will post what I have done so far in the hopes that these last few hurtles can be overcome by others more knowledgeable than me. Any takers?

great work. this will surely be better than MOA. hope you have something concrete soon.

jaclaz
post Jan 26 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #3

Finder

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2

Italy

QUOTE (bishr @ Jan 26 2009, 05:26 PM) *
this will surely be better than MOA.

WHY? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

jaclaz

bishr
post Jan 26 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 21,450

Bahrain

QUOTE (jaclaz @ Jan 26 2009, 05:05 PM) *

first because i found MSVPC2007SP1 to be better than VMPlayer, and second because VistaPE 12 uses WinBuilder which is better that pebuilder. also, i found the MOA setup to be completely impossible after waisting like a dozen CDs. it just keeps saying it cannot find the VMWare software.

anyway, best of luck in the efforts to get this project up and running.

sanbarrow
post Jan 26 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #5

Silver Member

Group: Developer
Member No.: 755

... it just keeps saying it cannot find the VMWare software.

FYI - thats a feature - you should read the instructions - and ask questions if you do not understand it

JonF
post Jan 27 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #6

Silver Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 2,319

United States

I use Virtual PC too.

Here's what NightMan used to distribute with VistaPE. I think everything works except you can't drag files between the guest and the host.

Too busy right now to see where the scripts differ.

http://vistape.fleming-group.com/Scripts/V...PC/VirtualPC.7z

madhopsman
post Jan 28 2009, 01:11 AM
Post #7

United States

QUOTE (JonF @ Jan 27 2009, 08:29 AM) *
I use Virtual PC too.

Here's what NightMan used to distribute with VistaPE. I think everything works except you can't drag files between the guest and the host.

Too busy right now to see where the scripts differ.

http://vistape.fleming-group.com/Scripts/V...PC/VirtualPC.7z

Awesome. I will check this out. I going to do a build right with this one and post my results. My main concern is getting the mouse and copy hooks working properly. After a cursory glance over this script, I can see that the registry entries are almost identical (save for a few lines). He did have some other statements in there that look like they may force the services to start (which IS an issue with mine). Maybe this will help...

madhopsman
post Jan 28 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #8

United States

Ok, NightMan's mouse filter drivers works great, but the video driver does not load. I will try and merge the two together and try and maybe get the File Copy hooks working too.

Update: I replaced the files in Nightman's script with mine, now the video AND mouse work fine. I will update my first post with it (since there is a nice 1MB post limit...). I am now going to play with the FileCopyHook (Drag-and-Drop) and see if I can get it working.

JonF
post Jan 28 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #9

Silver Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 2,319

United States

QUOTE (madhopsman @ Jan 27 2009, 08:51 PM) *
I am now going to play with the FileCopyHook (Drag-and-Drop) and see if I can get it working.

That would be very nice.

I'll try your updated version ...

madhopsman
post Jan 29 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #10

United States

The Drag-And-Drop will work once the vmusrsvc.exe is manually run. I just need to figure out how to get it to automatically do that (testing right now), then this is all good (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

For now, you can manually run it from the program files folder and drag and drop will work.

There is 2 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Next page

3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE - WIMCaptureImage ErrorCode 2
Finalizando VistaPE (MapNetwork Drive.exe)
0 Paulo Figueiredo 18 Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Last post by: Paulo Figueiredo
No new Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE and Wireless - Update - 3/5
Work in progress with screenshots
49 TheFro 9,585 Yesterday, 12:10 AM
Last post by: marpszon
No New Posts VistaPE and PointSec
Encounter problem and need advise
2 PJW 114 29th January 2009 - 04:35 AM
Last post by: PJW
No new Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE 12 RC1 out
please test and report here, thanks
131 ctmag 7,835 24th January 2009 - 08:30 PM
Last post by: JonF
No New Posts PC-DOS 7.1
Press any key to boot from CD
4 wendy 1,178 23rd January 2009 - 02:46 PM
Last post by: tikbalang

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   20 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st January 2009 - 08:38 PM