There is 3 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Page : 3 Next page 

> VistaPE Boot error

Fregley
post Jan 19 2009, 03:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,351

United States

I am pretty much a total noob at Vista PE. I only learned about it a few days ago. I downloaded everything I neede (I think) and created the ISO using the WAIK toolkit. The only error that popped up during this process was one saying that Partedmagic or something could not be downloaded. I burned the ISO to a cd, but when I put it in to boot off, a screen pops up that says, a bunch of stuff about how Windows failed to start, etc. It says the status is "0xc000000f". If I push Enter to continue, I get a choice between "Windows Setup [ems enabled]" or "Windows Memory Diagnostic".

If I hit the setup option, it goes back to the first screen. If I go to the memory diagnostic, it says it is missing the file "\boot\memtest.exe".

I have tried re-downloading everything, recreating the iso, and burning it 3 times. The same thing happened each time

This does not happen if I boot without the Cd in. Yes, I have the computer set to boot from the cd first.

Please help!!! If someone really wants me to, I can post pictures of the screens.
Go to the top of the page

allanf
post Jan 19 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #2

Silver Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 8,221

Australia

Welcome Fregley,

You seem to have created a boot disk of sorts. Well done.

However, to sort the problems, you might need to provide more details - do you have an installation disc (or image) for Vista/Server 2008/Win7 as well as the WAIK? - which version of VistaPE? - which version of Winbuilder? - waht is your Operating System? - most importantly, have you tried disabling all those programs in the VistaPE list to see if a minimum build works?

Some screenshots might help, or the log.html produced by clicking 'Log Tab>save as log.html' after the build has completed - preferrably after you have attempted the minimum build for a start.

Regards

Fregley
post Jan 19 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #3

United States

I don't have a Vista disk. I downloaded the WAIK image, burned it, and installed it. The Winbuilder screen says that I am using VistaPE Core v12 (RC1). Winbuilder is version 075 beta 6. I am running it off of XP Professional service pack 3. I was using the complete option on VistaPE.

I attached 3 pictures of the screens that result when I try to boot from the cd. Sorry, they aren't the best quality, but they are readable. I also attached the log of a minimum build. I didn't save the log from the complete build, so I will download everything again and post it when it's done.

Just so you know, because I'm so new at this program, I might be making a very obvious error.

Also, what features are included in the minimum build as opposed to the complete build?

edit----------------------------
I am switching the pictures to print screens from vmware.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

PaPeuser
post Jan 19 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #4

Frequent Member

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 17,811

United States

Hello,
This part you did everything right
I downloaded the WAIK image, burned it, and installed it. The Winbuilder screen says that I am using VistaPE Core v12 (RC1). Winbuilder is version 075 beta 6. I am running it off of XP Professional service pack 3. I was using the complete option on VistaPE.

You will need a Vista DVD as source to use all of the feaures available in VistaPE

Uncheck all scripts that ask for or say Vista DVD is needed as source
Some scripts say need Vista DVD as source or use Windows WAIK as source

Good Luck

PaPeuser
post Jan 19 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #5

Frequent Member

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 17,811

United States

I have no clue if WAIK alone works, or what should be selected.
I found that using both WAIK and a VISTA DVD work for me

But I notice this error in your log
PENetCfg was looking for Vista DVD

Request Windows Vista DVD...
Finished processing script: PENetCfg

People in here and help files say YES it can be done,, with only WAIK

Fregley
post Jan 19 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #6

United States

I have gotten rid of all the scripts requiring a Vista cd that I could find, but VMWare shows the same error that I encountered before. Help!!! I am attaching my current log. None of the warnings show which script is causing the problem.

Edit-
I found the scripts causing the request vista dvd errors, but I don't know what to do about the others.

allanf
post Jan 20 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #7

Silver Member

Australia

Thanks for the log of the minimum build. I can't see anywhere where the new .wim image is being captured or a new .iso being built. So you are probably booting the same CD .iso as the first time. (Perhaps I've overlooked something in your log.) Make sure that toward the end of the Vista build list you have selected to capture (pack?) the .wim image and that the new .iso is created. And post the new log. Thanks.

Fregley
post Jan 20 2009, 01:29 AM
Post #8

United States

Sorry, I though I had posted the new log. If I can, I would like to avoid using the minimum, as I would like as many features as I can get, so I was using the complete option in the new log. Also, I didn't see a script to create the iso in the minimum.

Note: I had to delete the old log to make room for this one. I hope that isn't a problem.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Zipped_log.zip ( 91.81K ) Number of downloads: 7

allanf
post Jan 20 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #9

Silver Member

Australia

Those log files are not handled well by IE - that's sort of the only reason I asked for minimum log. I've now discovered that with Opera, it's a snack!

It doesn't look too bad. The errors copying BCDedit and .mui might possibly be the problem, because BCDedit is called from the copied location to configure the BCD. I don't know why they are not copying.

Even with Opera, I can't follow the log! Using WAIK's Command Prompt, you could try mounting VistaPE.wim with imagex and looking for '\system32\bcdedit.exe'. (Don't forget to unmount afterwards... I always do! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) But I have a feeling that vistape.wim is not being created.

Which WAIK are you using? the latest 2.0 for Win7, or earlier 1.x?

allanf
post Jan 20 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #10

Silver Member

Australia

BTW, VistaPE.wim should still be at '...\Target\VistaPE-Core\vistape.wim'.

There is 3 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Page : 3 Next page

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE 12 and Virtual PC Additions, Works 100% (minus sound)
15 madhopsman 427 Today, 08:27 AM
Last post by: TheHive
No New Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE - WIMCaptureImage ErrorCode 2
Finalizando VistaPE (MapNetwork Drive.exe)
0 Paulo Figueiredo 18 Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Last post by: Paulo Figueiredo
No New Posts Topic has attachments BootSDI to HDD a Success!!!
Booting SDI.img to HDD
8 Ariom 118 Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts Booting LiveXP_RAM.iso with Grub4dos.
5 mancer 155 Yesterday, 12:44 PM
Last post by: wimb
No new Posts Topic has attachments BootSDI, zCopy and ImageCreator utility
552 Oleg_II 48,142 Yesterday, 09:17 AM
Last post by: nikzzzz

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + "   8 clicks", img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   6 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st January 2009 - 08:38 PM