Hello dear guest!

Why not join our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topic
 LiveXP, 'Factory Settings'
post Dec 30 2008, 08:45 PM
Post #21
psc
Guru   ******
Group: .script developer

Thank(s): 441

Germany

QUOTE (Nuno Brito @ Dec 30 2008, 09:38 PM) *
It's important to have this mechanism enabled by default on livexp.

As already said: I give up.
I only wanted to make (in my opinion) LiveXP better.
But because it is neither my project nor 'it wouldn't work w/o my suggestions' let me forget my suggestion and close the topic logically.

Just for fun: I remember a printed paper sheet in a very famous and good steak house in USA/MA: 'Not responsible for Well Done'
For less good English speaking people: Your decision has been to get your steak 'well done'. You'll get what you wanted. But then it is outside our responsibility if you do not like it's consistency.

Peter

--------------------
Build the house starting with the basement rather than with the roof! But always have in mind how the roof should be made!

There are very rarely problems, in most cases there are issues.

There are never stupid questions, there can be only stupid answers.

+Quote Post
post Dec 30 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #22
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Thank(s): 380

Turkiye

Sorry Peter, boss says no wink.gif , but i will find try to find a midway that satisfy both boss and you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Dec 30 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #23
amalux
bug-catcher   *****
Group: Tutorial Writer

Thank(s): 169

United States

QUOTE (psc @ Dec 30 2008, 12:45 PM) *
--
Just for fun: I remember a printed paper sheet in a very famous and good steak house in USA/MA: 'Not responsible for Well Done'
For less good English speaking people: Your decision has been to get your steak 'well done'. You'll get what you wanted. But then it is outside our responsibility if you do not like it's consistency.

Peter

Yes but they also warn about 'too rare'! laugh.gif

-- slow response because I just fought off and killed the dreaded 'Resycler - too many secrets...' virus which propagated to all 8 partitions, bypassing all av and fw blocks. Actually, pretty easy to get rid of now that I know the 'secret' cool.gif

--------------------
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." — Samuel Johnson

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." — Henry Ford

LiveXP w/BootSDI Tutorial - My Scripts - My Builds - Portable-ppAX
+Quote Post
post Dec 30 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #24
MedEvil
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 100

@Lancelot

Can't wait to see the midway between:
- enabled image burn and user can click no
- disabled image burn and user can click run
laugh.gif

@Nuno
Absolutely agree with you. No need for anything complicated, just ask the user. Also liked your idea about the fallback. thumbup.gif

cheers.gif

--------------------
NaughtyPE - The Multimedia PE!
Requirements: WB072 or 077RC2, XPSP2/W2k3SP1 source, Pentium CPU, 128MB RAM (256MB to use video players)
+Quote Post
post Dec 30 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #25
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

MedEvil

you will see my friend, you will see smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Dec 31 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #26
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

Midway smile.gif

2 improvements:
1)
on main screen of LiveXP (script.project) at the bottom there is a checkbox (selected as default)
so when a user [with defination of Peter "EVERY Expert, Standard, or Dummy user"] who knows the meaning of writing iso with imgburn can uncheck the box smile.gif, so no imgburn script will run and it will be easy for "Advanced" users to uncheck after immediate downloading.
2)
well imagine user is advanced but in a rush smile.gif, during build when imgburn step comes, a screen comes asking "Do you want to use ImgBurn ISO to burn CD?" , so user clicks no (after 5 seconds building continue with answer assuming yes)

I hope peter like the solution (as usual only hope),
and
I guess medevil like the Midway smile.gif
and
I wish all others approve.

Please test smile.gif (minimum download ~15mb)

Happy New Year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 2 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #27
TheHive
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 77

I like that Idea very much. Easy to disable on first bringing up the project on Winbuilder.

Disabled Burn Option on first Main Screen of Project LiveXP Minimum .
Attached Image

Ran in Qemu
Attached Image

Closed Qemu and Received this message. No Burning was actually done.
Attached Image

thumbup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 2 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #28
amalux
bug-catcher   *****
Group: Tutorial Writer

Thank(s): 169

United States

Nice job Lancelot! Thanks for this useful option thumbup.gif

--------------------
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." — Samuel Johnson

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." — Henry Ford

LiveXP w/BootSDI Tutorial - My Scripts - My Builds - Portable-ppAX
+Quote Post
post Jan 2 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #29
psc
Guru   ******

Thank(s): 441

Germany

This is from a different topic:
QUOTE (Galapo @ Jan 2 2009, 12:36 AM) *
I agree and disagree.

I agree that perhaps too many scripts are offered as selected under recommended. These are mainly apps and I have now made some alterations to that effect and uploaded. I checked, but no antivirus comes with recommended, so that's fine.

However, I disagree that drivers should not be offered as recommeded. In my opinion, mass storage drivers should be recommended as they are necessary on a lot of modern systems. Of course, the user has the option to deselect, but they should be offered selected as default. If the end user wants a first trial with bare minimum, then minimal should be chosen. But "recommended" is still the recommended option for LiveXP, where mass storage drivers are the recommendation.

Regards,
Galapo.

But I think that the theme is better handled here.

W/o discussing agreements or disagreements, let me just explain my view.
(Long time ago, when I 'switched' from Reatogo to 'OpenBuilder' following Nuno's invitation, that has been my view)

I find WinBuilder by Google or by recommendation of a friend or ...

I download WinBuilder and try.

If there is the possibility to test in an emulator, I'll do so.

And in the emulator I do NOT need ATA drives for that, I do NOT need a collection of network drives for that (I only need that one which is used in the emulator).

I do NOT need audio drives for that. I only want to SEE, not to HEAR, whether this new WinBuilder program can become interesting for me.

I do NOT need suprefragilisticexpiallegotish video drivers. The emulator just has VGA.

I try:
#1 In the build there only are included the scripts to bring me into a RUNNING qEmu within 2 minutes
#2 The build includes ALL RECOMMENDED scripts. It will bring me into a HANGING qEmu after 15 minutes. (See post #3)
On my question in the forum about hanging I get to know, that in my case, using the RECOMMENDED constellation, hwpnp causes a hang

What do I do:
#1: I try to add some scripts and finally create a running ISO or USB. Maybe I need some help and ask in the forum. Then I could become an experienced member who also can help other members with my latest experience.
#2: I think about the next 15 minutes for the next (perhaps final ???) trial and decide: 'Bye'

Peter

BTW: A FULL featured finally burned ISO / USB can only be offerred seriously, if under ALL possible host OS, host HW, source OS etc. it will EVER be build successful!

And that in most cases is only possible with a 'low featured' constellation.

--------------------
Build the house starting with the basement rather than with the roof! But always have in mind how the roof should be made!

There are very rarely problems, in most cases there are issues.

There are never stupid questions, there can be only stupid answers.

+Quote Post
post Jan 2 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #30
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

@Peter:
QUOTE (psc @ Jan 2 2009, 09:33 PM) *
This is from a different topic:
Reason is, I put reminder for galapo on this "different" topic to make galapo catch the news as i wrote here at post 8
QUOTE (Lancelot @ Dec 30 2008, 08:55 PM) *
post 3: Ingredient of recommended livexp may be discussed, i took notes of your concern to discuss it later.
And still i dont understand you bother in one topic or another, anyway it is your style.
QUOTE (psc @ Jan 2 2009, 09:33 PM) *
#2 The build includes ALL RECOMMENDED scripts. It will bring me into a HANGING qEmu after 15 minutes. (See post #3)
AS i wrote on post 8 (my first post after your post 3)
subject 2) ......Script changed and updated.
I dont understand why you still talking about same thing which is fixed 2 hours later after you reported.

And for all other things you wrote, i wrote before at post 8 (after 2 hours)
But reminding you sth; we have minimum option for livexp which have much less SELECTED scripts, very small and quickly buildable.
And Galapo wrote
QUOTE (Galapo @ Jan 2 2009, 01:36 AM) *
If the end user wants a first trial with bare minimum, then minimal should be chosen. But "recommended" is still the recommended option for LiveXP, where mass storage drivers are the recommendation.
so i cant still understand your problem!!

Also Now you can download minimum from my signature to give a try, dont hesitate, only 15mb.

@Galapo:
For Midway, maybe minimum option suggested for trial on livexp page
http://winbuilder.net/download.php?view.35

Sth like:
Make a fast Trial with "LiveXP minimum" , if you like download "LiveXP Full" or "LiveXP Recomended" which have ultimate features smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Add Drivers to Host from LiveXP
Adding drivers to host computer
3 Bukvod 167 20th November 2009 - 05:15 PM
Last post by: dera
No new Topic has attachmentsGRAND UPDATE on LiveXP SERVER
2009-11-07
47 Lancelot 5,912 18th November 2009 - 01:51 AM
Last post by: Lancelot
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLiveXP -- Anything & Everything
Look only Post #1 and Last Posts of this topic
1,834 Lancelot 106,096 12th November 2009 - 11:22 PM
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsNewcomer's Tutorial - LiveXP with Optional BootSDI!
Bug reports and troubleshooting thread
336 doveman 31,568 9th November 2009 - 11:37 PM
Last post by: amalux
No new [Fixed] Two problems with LiveXP
18 Michael McStarfighter 814 9th November 2009 - 11:34 AM

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum