Yaté
post Yesterday, 02:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 21,141

France

Good Morning all,

I'm French, first of all please scuse me for my very bad English (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Let me explain, i try to integrate Parted Magic in my Multiboot to create with AeroStudio 2008, unfortunately, do not succeed (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) , i try with a command:

-bcdw (cd)/images/pmagic.iso
-isoemu (cd)/images/pmagic.iso
-bcdw (cd)/images/isolinux.bin (extracting files from ISO parted magic directly to the root )

On using different commands, parted magic does not start at all or be at the launch that it tells me he does not live cd

If a charitable soul could help me, I know him very grateful, thanks (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yggdrasil
post Yesterday, 07:09 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Thank(s): 10
Member No.: 18,920

Sweden

Hi Yaté

God morning and welcome to forum (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

To better understand your problem according to “Parted Magic” I need some information.
What type of “Parted Magic” is it you are trying to start from AeroStudio?
Is it freeware pmagic-3.0.iso or similar ISO?

I downloaded freeware pmagic-3.0.iso and tested it in AeroStudio and it started without problems. I used command isoemu /images/pmagic-3.0.iso
Note: name pmagic-3.0.iso can be changed to pmagic.iso
Question is, can you start other software (floppy images or ISO or whatever) with that structure you use in AeroStudio (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/dubbio.gif) You can take a look how I use structure in AeroStudio here

yggdrasil

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Bug Catcher

Group: .script developer
Thank(s): 96
Member No.: 15,072

Turkiye

Hi yggdrasil

there is a difference with 3.1 and 3.0, check here

+Quote Post
yggdrasil
post Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Thank(s): 10
Member No.: 18,920

Sweden

Hi Lancelot

Thanks for briefing me about differences between version 3.1 and 3.0.
However it’s not clear what version Yaté uses – but as you points out - it’s most likely version 3.1 that causes the problem. Trying to find and download version 3.1 and test.

Edit: Tested parted magiq 3.1 (from an real CD/RW) and it starts and I get a nice menu. Used command isoemu /images/pmagic.iso

I can start my winXP using alternative “Local boot”. But I’m not familiar with how to use those other options (and I do not want to “screw” (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif) up my system) so I didn’t test the rest of menu options.

yggdrasil

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · AeroStudio · Next Newest »

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2008 - 12:16 PM
<% BOOTLAND_FOOTER %>