Hello dear guest!

Why not join our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

184 Pages V  « < 122 123 124 125 126 > »   
Reply to this topic
 LiveXP -- Anything & Everything, Look only Post #1 and Last Posts of this topic
Rating 3 V
post Mar 25 2009, 04:15 AM
Post #1231
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******
Group: .script developer

Thank(s): 380

Turkiye

already uploaded thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #1232
psc
Guru   ******

Thank(s): 441

Germany

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Mar 20 2009, 03:04 AM) *
current windows i use have internet explorer 6 and used as default (.html, .url registered to ie6)
after making even a minimum default build for LiveXP, my .html and .url registrations gone !!!! (as a typical result WebLabel on interface of scripts dont work anymore)

That happens if
  1. Source CD language is different from host OS language
  2. In Explorer.script the checkbox "Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time" is checked
I made a Verify change to Explorer.Script, to give a warning in this case.
CODE
If {%$$$:Interface.pCheckBox7%}
& !{%script.project:Variables.SourceLocale%=%script.project:Variables.Locale%} Then
?"Source CD has a language different from your host. Installing DLLs at build time may destroy some local associations";

Explorer.Script version 59 on the nativeEx server. Needs !Fundamentals.Script version 46 for 'early define' of %Locale%

Peter

--------------------
Build the house starting with the basement rather than with the roof! But always have in mind how the roof should be made!

There are very rarely problems, in most cases there are issues.

There are never stupid questions, there can be only stupid answers.

+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #1233
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

@Peter
  2. In Explorer.script the checkbox "Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time" is checked
Than you peter, yep this was %95 1+2 case (hostos XPpsp2turkish, sourceos XPpsp2enu)
but also it is better to add 3rd (or 1b smile.gif )
  2. Source CD architecture is different from host OS architecture
  3. In Explorer.script the checkbox "Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time" is checked

i remember this failure when hostos xpx64enu, sourceos XPpsp2enu (i hope you remember my reports too),
so if you agree it will be better to verify for hostos x64 too smile.gif ? (or maybe even better to verify hostos-sourceos same architecture verify smile.gif ) thumbsup.gif

@Galapo & @All,

My current hostos vista32home, sourceos xpsp2enu

i got an error with wimpack+bootsdi enabled
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/400/20090325123757.png
/turkish: "Sistem ağrısına aktarılan veri alanı ok kk"
/english: "Data field required by system call is too small"
error screen came somewhere around "Echo,wimpack fsutil create" (sorry, i know i took wrong picture sad.gif )

boosdi partition of log file: download

i guess this is about calculation of freespace vista ntfs

i will increase freespace from 0 to 20 on wimpack script, but will test later today.
This took 1hour 26minutes, Is there a way to make wimpack+bootsdi now without touching anything with only changing 0 to 20 ? biggrin.gif

And a question, why not having Fat option with vmdk?!?! i remember i put that option with size checks for fat16 and fat32 which was working fine when hostos is vista but you(Galapo) later disabled (search '200812132000' in script file), i am sure you have a good reason (maybe reason is "increased VMDK image size for Vista format") (or maybe 2GB limit of single file but now we have individual pack option so it is hard to get 2gb limit unless someone tries to write a dvd with "Together" option), just reminding and wondering. If it is possible i would like to have fat option back smile.gif.

CU

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #1234
psc
Guru   ******

Germany

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Mar 25 2009, 01:23 PM) *
i remember this failure when hostos xpx64enu, sourceos XPpsp2enu (i hope you remember my reports too),
so if you agree it will be better to verify for hostos x64 too smile.gif ? (or maybe even better to verify hostos-sourceos same architecture verify smile.gif )

1st.gif

This gives me some questions to solve:
How Verify as a stupid "text file reader and evaluator" gets knowledge about the host's OS? showoff.gif
How Verify as a stupid "text file reader and evaluator" gets knowledge about the source CD's OS? showoff.gif showoff.gif showoff.gif

Peter

--------------------
Build the house starting with the basement rather than with the roof! But always have in mind how the roof should be made!

+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #1235
psc
Guru   ******

Germany

!Fundamentals.Script version 47 (on the nativeEx server) now writes %Source64Bits% and %Host64Bits% as variables into script.project.

It currently detects %Source64Bits%=True from tag file WIN51AA (64 bit W2003) on the source CD.

@All:
If there are other tag files flagging 64 bits, let me know.

@Lancelot:
Change the Explorer.Script's Verify item as you think how it is needed!
I'll copy the result into nativeEx_barebone.

BTW: IMHO the source CD architecture is not important.
The troubles only appear if WB is running on 64 bit host.

Peter

--------------------

1 user(s) said "Thank you!" to psc for this fantastic post:
Lancelot
+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #1236
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 256

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Mar 25 2009, 11:23 PM) *
My current hostos vista32home, sourceos xpsp2enu

i got an error with wimpack+bootsdi enabled
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/400/20090325123757.png
/turkish: "Sistem ağrısına aktarılan veri alanı ok kk"
/english: "Data field required by system call is too small"
error screen came somewhere around "Echo,wimpack fsutil create" (sorry, i know i took wrong picture sad.gif )

Is this the same issue JonF had a while back?

Possibly this section needs a higher number, try increasing to 34 or 36 or 38:
CODE
If,%winversion%,Bigger,5,Begin
  //_Calculate,"Ceiling(%IMGSize%+30+%pNumberBox1%)",ImgSize
  StrFormat,INC,%IMGSize%,30
  StrFormat,INC,%IMGSize%,%pNumberBox1%
End

And a question, why not having Fat option with vmdk?!?! i remember i put that option with size checks for fat16 and fat32 which was working fine when hostos is vista but you(Galapo) later disabled (search '200812132000' in script file), i am sure you have a good reason (maybe reason is "increased VMDK image size for Vista format") (or maybe 2GB limit of single file but now we have individual pack option so it is hard to get 2gb limit unless someone tries to write a dvd with "Together" option), just reminding and wondering. If it is possible i would like to have fat option back smile.gif.

Well, so long as ntfs image is correctly sized, then everythink works fine and we don't need fat. I don't know, maybe there isn't an advantage in using ntfs in this case.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
Recommended steps to build LiveXP:
1) Download suitable WinBuilder.exe from here and run it;
2) Update through the Download Center by clicking the 'Download' button; and
3) Then build LiveXP by pressing the 'Play' button.
+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #1237
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Mar 25 2009, 11:23 PM) *
This took 1hour 26minutes, Is there a way to make wimpack+bootsdi now without touching anything with only changing 0 to 20 ? biggrin.gif

Yes there is. Make sure you have these settings enabled on WimPack on first run:
Attached Image

Then if you want to make a change in the project without running everything, run the particular script you want to add, then run WimPack manually, then start the Finalize Batch script.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
1 user(s) said "Thank you!" to Galapo for this fantastic post:
Lancelot
+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #1238
jaclaz
Finder   ******
Group: Advanced user

Thank(s): 491

Italy

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 26 2009, 12:55 AM) *
Well, so long as ntfs image is correctly sized, then everythink works fine and we don't need fat. I don't know, maybe there isn't an advantage in using ntfs in this case.

If I may unsure.gif, and as a general rule smile.gif, removing an option should be justified by something more substantial than a "this way it works so why bother with every other possible one".

You will never know why and when a feature may be needed, so, unless there is a valid reason to remove it, it should be kept, possibly in a "hidden" or semi-hidden" place, but it should be there...happy22.gif

cheers.gif

jaclaz

--------------------

Light Blue Ribbon Campaign for Freedom of Skin
+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #1239
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Australia

QUOTE (jaclaz @ Mar 26 2009, 09:02 AM) *
You will never know why and when a feature may be needed, so, unless there is a valid reason to remove it, it should be kept, possibly in a "hidden" or semi-hidden" place, but it should be there...happy22.gif

The reason for adding it was JonF was having trouble building under Vista. We increased the image size for Vista and so the issue was corrected, hence that was the reason for removing it because the non-ntfs "fix" was no longer necessary.

Lancelot seems to have found that the size increase JonF and I came to may have been slightly too close to the cut-off point. So it would seem that a slight increase is again needed. Hopefully Lancelot can work out the optimal number.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
+Quote Post
post Mar 26 2009, 05:11 AM
Post #1240
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

@Peter (psc)

QUOTE (psc @ Mar 25 2009, 03:51 PM) *
!Fundamentals.Script version 47 (on the nativeEx server) now writes %Source64Bits% and %Host64Bits% as variables into script.project.
biggrin.gif very nice

It currently detects %Source64Bits%=True from tag file WIN51AA (64 bit W2003) on the source CD.
WIN51AA (64 bit W2003 Enterprise), WIN51AS (64 bit W2003 Standart) , WIN51AP (64 bit XP) are most popular ones

@All:
If there are other tag files flagging 64 bits, let me know.
WIN51AS = Windows 2003 Standard x64
WIN51AA = Windows 2003 Enterprise x64
WIN51AD = Windows 2003 Datacenter Server x64
WIN51MA = Windows 2003 Enterprise ia64
WIN51MD = Windows 2003 Datacenter Server ia64
WIN51AP = Windows XP Professional x64
WIN51MP = Windows XP Professional ia64
source here.

Maybe better to check WIN51A* (x64) (%Source64Bits%=True) and WIN51M* (ia64) (%Sourceia64Bits%=True) ?

@Lancelot:
Change the Explorer.Script's Verify item as you think how it is needed!
I'll copy the result into nativeEx_barebone.
added to the top of my to do list, need time to test smile.gif.

BTW: IMHO the source CD architecture is not important.
The troubles only appear if WB is running on 64 bit host.
himm, never tested with x64 source, yep as far as i remember the syswow64 files (i guess under i386 folder of cd) will help scripts work, but i dont know what are missing in i386 (1st guess, drivers should be missing smile.gif ) added to my 2nd todo list to test. (home sweet home smile.gif )

@Peter (psc) X 2
when following Galapo's instructions i found a bugy at finalize batch script

i click on "Run Them" button only bootsdi selected
and got this error:
Exec - Processing section: [Process] From file: [E:\winbuilder_LiveXP\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script]

!?!?, reason is, E:\winbuilder_LiveXP folder was the folder i was using with xpsp2tr hostos (pc1), i migrated all my files to vista32tr hostos (pc2) (~2days and successfully building iso etc) where i use D:\winbuilder_LiveXP folder.

Anyway, i replaced required lines and continued galapo's instructions. I guess better to use variables or write lines again at the begining of clicking "Run them", you know better.

@galapo:
i followed your instruction for using finalize script. Failed with 1st trial and fixed the script (E:\winbuilder_LiveXP), failed with 2nd trial having same error reported before (i used 2mb free space), failed with 3rd trial (i used 20mb free space) stucking here:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3060/20090326063419.png
reason is very probably about one of the failures, during last failure with finalize script filmon says unaccesable and etc.
i will build again now with 10mb free space selected on wimpack script smile.gif, give me ~~1 hour 30 minutes for further reports

about fat, i like to have this optional unselected smile.gif, now i am a migrant and luckly (after 1 month) i find some time to report and rebuild etc. But with cases that requires faster/migrant/emergenty/etc successful builds it is better to have alternatives available. Anyway, i wrote my point, no need to write more, you decide. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

184 Pages V  « < 122 123 124 125 126 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts LiveXP shutdown process
4 Arjun 381 9th November 2009 - 01:43 AM
Last post by: TheHive
No new Topic has attachmentsLiveXP Troubleshooting
Various questions and answers
92 JohnBug 8,397 29th October 2009 - 02:25 PM
Last post by: amalux
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLiveXP WB078 Slow Load
64.4Mb ISO Slowly loading....*VIDEO*
11 dsolomon 941 20th October 2009 - 06:56 PM
Last post by: psc
No New Posts LiveXP Adding Driver?
6 Furgy 696 13th October 2009 - 11:30 AM
Last post by: Lancelot
No new Topic has attachmentsLiveXP not detecting Raid Controller
39 pantner 2,329 7th October 2009 - 04:22 AM
Last post by: Galapo

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum