Hello dear guest!

Why not join our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

184 Pages V  « < 119 120 121 122 123 > »   
Reply to this topic
 LiveXP -- Anything & Everything, Look only Post #1 and Last Posts of this topic
Rating 3 V
post Mar 17 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #1201
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******
Group: .script developer

Thank(s): 380

Turkiye

Hi to all smile.gif

i have 2 bugy report

1) hwpnp
This picture taken with a builded livexp CD ( enabled xpe-pnp-aio.script )
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2025/cekim003.jpg

Laptop is: Acer Aspire 5930g-582g25MN

for a reason (i dont know), hwpnp stuck at the very begining (runonce) and never moves smile.gif, neither "Esc" nor "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" Works. (Same cd runs nicely with virtualbox). So i couldnt use that LiveXP cd on this laptop.
I changed the setting on xpe-pnp-aio.script not to run hwpnp at startup smile.gif and livexp is working again with 2nd cd smile.gif.

For permenant solution ??
**maybe Paraglider can make a setting for hwpnp with a text on gui saying "Press 'Esc' to close Hwpnp" !?
**Till than, what to do Galapo ?! My ideas: maybe disableing "Autostart HWPNP on boot-up" or maybe an option for using startup shortcut (autostart), or maybe you have a better idea !?????

currently i dont have the laptop on my hand (cousen's friend) but i freqently can access to this laptop and provide info if required.

2) (for me related to 1 for further tests )
i dont know what have changed in which script but now grub4dos-iso loading (LiveXP.iso) not working with giving this error:
CODE
File \I386\SYSTEM32\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded.
The error code is 14

I use create iso script with settings: mkisof selected+fbwf enabled+setupldr enabled

ps1: currently i am using AMD Athlon 1500Mhz + 512MB ram, with 60GB eide ultraata disk with limited time, I feel lucky because my situation is better than many things BUT making test builds is not sth i like or do frequenty these days so my answer to any post that requires testing can be slow. That is why i can not make all tests in my mind, it is very boring on that slow pc. ( smile.gif + For emulator tests i use virtualbox-portable with a freemem utilty memstat on hostos ) smile.gif

ps2: never tested with copying ntkrnlmp.exe to iso

+3) winbuilder building livexp cause .url and .html registration gone on my hostos (XPSP2 Turkish). Maybe olesupport script (just disabled) or sth else cause this. (use dll init at build time not selected on explorer.script). I can not make frequent tests to find out the reason, just reported for info.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Mar 17 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #1202
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 256

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Mar 17 2009, 11:59 AM) *
This picture taken with a builded livexp CD ( enabled xpe-pnp-aio.script )

Picture is unfortuntately not clear. hwpnp should be reporting which device it is attempting to install.

**maybe Paraglider can make a setting for hwpnp with a text on gui saying "Press 'Esc' to close Hwpnp" !?
Yes, that would be a nice addition.

**Till than, what to do Galapo ?! My ideas: maybe disableing "Autostart HWPNP on boot-up" or maybe an option for using startup shortcut (autostart), or maybe you have a better idea !?????
Yeah, not sure. I wonder what the underlying reason for the halt is though? Posting the device information above will help and so paraglider might have an idea then. Does the same thing happen if running the same hwpnp command after system is finished booting rather than from RunOnceEx?

2) (for me related to 1 for further tests )
i dont know what have changed in which script but now grub4dos-iso loading (LiveXP.iso) not working with giving this error:
CODE
File \I386\SYSTEM32\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded.
The error code is 14

I use create iso script with settings: mkisof selected+fbwf enabled+setupldr enabled
Hmm, don't know. Firstly check if ntkrnlmp.exe is in the build and if not add it and see what happens.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
Recommended steps to build LiveXP:
1) Download suitable WinBuilder.exe from here and run it;
2) Update through the Download Center by clicking the 'Download' button; and
3) Then build LiveXP by pressing the 'Play' button.
+Quote Post
post Mar 17 2009, 02:05 AM
Post #1203
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 17 2009, 03:12 AM) *
Picture is unfortuntately not clear. hwpnp should be reporting which device it is attempting to install.
Sorry for quality, but there is no info on hwpnp screen, it just halts as soon as it starts and cd is useless now smile.gif.
Does the same thing happen if running the same hwpnp command after system is finished booting rather than from RunOnceEx?
with cd2 (that doesnt have runonceex) i made a batch file in livexp
CODE
HWPnP.exe -all +ACPI\PNP0400 +ACPI\PNP0401 +ACPI\PNP0501\1 +ACPI\PNP0501\2 /u /p
HWPnP.exe +all /p /d /s /r /log+
HWPnP.exe -all +SERENUM\ /p /d
and no hwpnp halt problem. I dont know what the problem is with cd1, there is not much difference between cd1 and cd2 except runonce hwpnp.

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 17 2009, 03:12 AM) *
Hmm, don't know. Firstly check if ntkrnlmp.exe is in the build and if not add it and see what happens.
thumbup.gif , yep adding ntkrnlmp.exe to the iso make it ram boot with setupldr.bin method. i hope it is better if you add it to create iso script soon (i will sleep in 10 min).

ps: also i noticed NTOSKRNL.EX_ in system32, maybe you put on purpose, maybe not !?

new bugyy:
with enabled notepad.script, right click on a .cmd file, click edit smile.gif.
ps: this is a bugy i found a while ago maybe with sth else than .cmd-edit, but forgot to report smile.gif, i know fxscrpt demanded to put notepad.exe to i386, but i feel it is better if we also have a 2nd copy at system32 (which was the setting before) ?

Good night smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Mar 17 2009, 02:30 AM
Post #1204
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Mar 17 2009, 01:05 PM) *
I dont know what the problem is with cd1, there is not much difference between cd1 and cd2 except runonce hwpnp.
Not sure. Seems like something wrong with the original CD. But test only this command from your batch as that is all that runs with hwpnp RunOnceEx entry: HWPnP.exe +all /p /d /s /r /log+.

thumbup.gif , yep adding ntkrnlmp.exe to the iso make it ram boot with setupldr.bin method. i hope it is better if you add it to create iso script soon (i will sleep in 10 min).

Well, that's rather strange. Your system is wanting to use a multiprocessor kernel. Are you using a modified setupldr.bin? If so, you'll need to have the file added. But this is non-standard and so shouldn't be supplied by default. Use instead either the multiprocessor script or BootSDI with auto multiprocessor detection option. Necessary files are copied to the build then.

ps: also i noticed NTOSKRNL.EX_ in system32, maybe you put on purpose, maybe not !?
Yes, it must be there as that is the standard kernel.

new bugyy:
ps: this is a bugy i found a while ago maybe with sth else than .cmd-edit, but forgot to report smile.gif,
I can't reproduce. Right-clicking a CMD file for me and selecting 'edit' opens up the CMD file in notepad as expected.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
+Quote Post
post Mar 17 2009, 04:48 AM
Post #1205
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Mar 17 2009, 12:05 PM) *

As reported above, I can't reproduce if I click "edit". However, I see now that if I click "Open" then the CMD file is run. That's because HoJoPE writes this line:
CODE
RegWrite,HKLM,"0x1","WB-Software\Classes\cmdfile\shell\open\command",,"""%1"" %*"

However, in my installed system, that's the same value for the key. "Open" runs the CMD file there same as in our PE.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
+Quote Post
post Mar 17 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #1206
psc
Guru   ******

Thank(s): 441

Germany

@Lancelot

At a different place I already stated, that I do not trust in builds made under a 64 bit OS.

Can you please build the same CD (your post #1201) under a x86 OS?

Peter

--------------------
Build the house starting with the basement rather than with the roof! But always have in mind how the roof should be made!

There are very rarely problems, in most cases there are issues.

There are never stupid questions, there can be only stupid answers.

+Quote Post
post Mar 17 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #1207
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

Peter,
Cd already builded with "XPSP2 x86 Turkish".
So this is not a x64 related problem.

Besides:
As far as i know, reason for not trusting to x64 hostos is same with reason for not trusting vista (x64+x86). Reason very well written by saydin77 at post 1193. (at the end of this post)

But
Current LiveXP project uses runonceex as default (register at buildtime with an option) on scripts that are needed. So no problem on building downloaded default LiveXP on vista(x64/x86) or 2k3/xp64.

And a short while ago I indicated that I am hoping fxscript's project when added to LiveXP will solve all hostos related problem in future. (i hope near feature). smile.gif.

post 1193:
QUOTE (Lancelot @ Feb 25 2009, 04:23 AM)
First reminding post 1181

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Feb 25 2009, 04:23 AM) *
i have a pm from saydin77 12 days ago (Feb 13 2009), saydin77 asked me to translate and report, so here is the original pm and my translation.
ps: i checked saydin77's topics but didnt see he wrote this to any topic so i decide to write here in my short time.

+Translation:
Hi lancelot

i just noticed olesupport regredirect.exe function,
It does not process D:\nativeex\Target\nativeEx_barebone\i386\System32\xxx.dll , instead it process c:\windows\system32\xxx.dll
This cause a bad effect ;
for example: with vista if i am building livexp, registered dll is not the one from target but from vista which cause vista dll registry addings to the build.
(this noticed when making ie6 script with ieframe.dll)

with -D:<DLL/OCX> parameter dll/ocx path can not be specified.
http://saydin77.winbuilder.net/img/sysinternal.JPG
-Translation:

maybe this is the same reason why i could not use olesupport with x64 hostos (i miss my home sweet home )

nice to be around for a short while, 300mails and lots of things happened i guess. CU around.

here is new translation pm from saydin77 (permission taken):
+
i guess this wont/cant be fixed for vista,
i wrote a similar utility which shows all informations of the commands made with using xp, utility also works with vista too but problem is when using vista, xp files are incompatible which cause not working. (example: shell32.dll /i, mshtml.dll /i )
i can not go further, here is the utility i wrote:
http://saydin77.winbuilder.net/index.php?d...=regcapture.exe
usage:
regcapture.exe # <commands used>
registry results can be found in hkey_current_user\__tmp
-

new os are becoming more popular so it is sad this problem can not be fixed, i guess better to wait method of fxscrpt project to be implemented to LiveXP. wink.gif

@Galapo
no i am not (never) using a modified setupldr.bin smile.gif. I will give more info when i find time to make further test.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Mar 17 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #1208
cdob
Frequent Member   ***
Group: Advanced user

Thank(s): 46

@Lancelot
Which windows source files do you use?
Ntkrnlmp.exe reminds to XP SP1.
+Quote Post
post Mar 17 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #1209
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

@cdob

nope, source is "XP Pro SP2 ENU" (which i use successfully all the time), current hostos is xpsp2proTR (x86).

I dont know what makes the difference between "Acer Aspire 5930g-582g25MN" and my pc at home (asus P5B) with which i was using ".iso ram boot" for tests all the time.

I only wanted to make a quick bootable livexp.iso to image backup "Acer Aspire 5930g-582g25MN" by using usb flash, than i noticed this error and reported. (Than i write "LiveXP cd1" and "LiveXP cd2 " to make the same thing).

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Mar 18 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #1210
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

Hi galapo

I guess there is sth wrong with multiprocessor.script
gives this warning
FileCopy - Failed to copy [E:\source_XP_SP2_ENU\I386\ntkrnlmp.ex_] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\I386\System32\NTOSKRNL.EX_]
i guess this line
CODE
FileCopy,%source_sys%\ntkrnlmp.ex_,%target_sys%\NTOSKRNL.EX_
should be
CODE
FileCopy,%source_sys%\ntkrnlmp.ex_,%target_sys%\NTKRNLMP.EX_
???

i tested with the iso file that doesnt have NTOSKRNL.EX_, got same warning message reported before, than i copy NTOSKRNL.EX_ to system32 of this iso, than everthing went fine ".iso ram boot" thumbup.gif

ps: reminding: absence of NTOSKRNL.EX_ dont effect the boot of LiveXP with burning iso to a cd, and booting with that cd. Absence of NTOSKRNL.EX_ only effect "LiveXP.iso ram (setupldr 2k3) boot" (which i prefer when booting with usb flash).

sorry for .cmd notepad false alarm. For a reason i dont know i386\system32\notepad.exe deleted in my previous build. When notepad.exe is in i386\system32\ (which is the situation in my last test) everthing is oki.

in my last build, hwpnp runonce worked without problem. But also my last iso build was a very light one (~170mb), i still have cd that cause hwpnp trouble on this laptop (reminding works nicely with virtual box) to investigate further when i find time (home, sweet home) so topic is closed for me now.

wink.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

184 Pages V  « < 119 120 121 122 123 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts LiveXP shutdown process
4 Arjun 382 9th November 2009 - 01:43 AM
Last post by: TheHive
No new Topic has attachmentsLiveXP Troubleshooting
Various questions and answers
92 JohnBug 8,398 29th October 2009 - 02:25 PM
Last post by: amalux
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLiveXP WB078 Slow Load
64.4Mb ISO Slowly loading....*VIDEO*
11 dsolomon 941 20th October 2009 - 06:56 PM
Last post by: psc
No New Posts LiveXP Adding Driver?
6 Furgy 696 13th October 2009 - 11:30 AM
Last post by: Lancelot
No new Topic has attachmentsLiveXP not detecting Raid Controller
39 pantner 2,339 7th October 2009 - 04:22 AM
Last post by: Galapo

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum