Hello dear guest!

Why not join our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

34 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topic
 Newcomer's Tutorial - LiveXP with Optional BootSDI!, Bug reports and troubleshooting thread
post Jan 25 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #201
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******
Group: .script developer

Thank(s): 380

Turkiye

QUOTE (amalux @ Jan 25 2009, 08:28 AM) *
You mean to the PENetwork folder? They'll work fine as long as they're (dps lan pack) unpacked first rolleyes.gif
I am not sure, you have to ask Holger for confirmation. As far as i know for some reasons (ex: same file named for different drivers) unpacking dps lan package to penetwork folder would result failure with some lan drivers. It is only a chance to face the problem.

QUOTE (amalux @ Jan 25 2009, 11:28 PM) *
Seriously, what is the secret? We have to find a better way of doing this and BartPE seems to have figured it out.

Anyone have any ideas how we can port this functionality to our builds???
Maybe getting out all ethernet drivers from source cd and putting them to penetwork folder maybe the solution you are looking for smile.gif

QUOTE (amalux @ Jan 25 2009, 08:28 AM) *
DriverImportPE is great for testing but all is lost on next re-boot.
I cant agree with that, it depends on usage smile.gif. For me It is great for general usage for some reasons. 1) penetwork dont spend time for searching drivers at bootup, i use dipe with dps package very fast only when needed smile.gif. 2) Also because drivers are on .7z file, they occupy very small space compared with both create iso and bootsdi smile.gif.

btw, i get surprised with your new avatar, for a moment (0.7324 second) i thought this is someone else, than i read "amalux" smile.gif, thumbup.gif , nice thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #202
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 256

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Jan 26 2009, 08:25 AM) *
I am not sure, you have to ask Holger for confirmation. As far as i know for some reasons (ex: same file named for different drivers) unpacking dps lan package to penetwork folder would result failure with some lan drivers. It is only a chance to face the problem.
That's right. And pebuilder has same problem with the "complex" type of drivers.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
Recommended steps to build LiveXP:
1) Download suitable WinBuilder.exe from here and run it;
2) Update through the Download Center by clicking the 'Download' button; and
3) Then build LiveXP by pressing the 'Play' button.
+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #203
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

i will ask release-renew for dipe to kare, i am not sure unsure.gif which one should handle this, maybe dipe maybe penetwork.

QUOTE (amalux @ Jan 25 2009, 08:19 AM) *
I usually start with the SNet or ANet pack as a base
SNet or ANet pack, are they different packs like dps lan pack, if so can you give a link, if not can you help me to take the right path smile.gif.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #204
amalux
bug-catcher   *****
Group: Tutorial Writer

Thank(s): 169

United States

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Jan 25 2009, 02:25 PM) *
Maybe getting out all ethernet drivers from source cd and putting them to penetwork folder maybe the solution you are looking for smile.gif

Interesting, I'll try it wink.gif

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Jan 25 2009, 02:25 PM) *
I cant agree with that, it depends on usage smile.gif. For me It is great for general usage for some reasons. 1) penetwork dont spend time for searching drivers at bootup, i use dipe with dps package very fast only when needed smile.gif. 2) Also because drivers are on .7z file, they occupy very small space compared with both create iso and bootsdi smile.gif.

Not saying dipe isn't great, it is! Just that whatever it imports won't be there next boot; is it possible to have dipe import drivers from a given location at each boot automatically/unattended?

--------------------
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." Samuel Johnson

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." Henry Ford

LiveXP w/BootSDI Tutorial - My Scripts - My Builds - Portable-ppAX
+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #205
amalux
bug-catcher   *****
Group: Tutorial Writer

Thank(s): 169

United States

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Jan 25 2009, 02:41 PM) *
SNet or ANet pack, are they different packs like dps lan pack, if so can you give a link, if not can you help me to take the right path smile.gif.

Can't remember where I got these so uploaded here

--------------------
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." Samuel Johnson

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." Henry Ford

LiveXP w/BootSDI Tutorial - My Scripts - My Builds - Portable-ppAX
2 user(s) said "Thank you!" to amalux for this fantastic post:
Lancelot, wimb
+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #206
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

QUOTE (amalux @ Jan 26 2009, 01:16 AM) *
Just that whatever it imports won't be there next boot
This is what i like most, smile.gif, but as i told you this depends on how you like to use it.

QUOTE (amalux @ Jan 26 2009, 01:16 AM) *
is it possible to have dipe import drivers from a given location at each boot automatically/unattended?
Sadly no, me and galapo asked this to kare long while ago, but it seems kare dont like or not excited about the idea.
BUT smile.gif
dforge can do that, if you look at the last version for lan script i put for johannes before (post 44) you will see it can be done easly. Dforge seems to have only the advantage to be able to start automatically/unattened, but it has very bad disadvantages too (the one who uses automatic features need to know dforge too knowing disadvantages). I plan to make more additions to script and open a new topic with a name something like "DriverForge for DPS LAN support on LiveXP" with explaning advantages/disadvantages because it seems to me the easiest/simplest way to add LAN drivers on LiveXP. (NEeeed time, lots of things to do) Dipe is still the Best smile.gif, dforge is the simplest for some cases.
check dipe page 1 for dforge introduction

--------------------
1 user(s) said "Thank you!" to Lancelot for this fantastic post:
amalux
+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #207
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

Thank you for NetDrvPacks.rar, i will look when i find time smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #208
MedEvil
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 100

QUOTE (amalux @ Jan 26 2009, 12:24 AM) *
Can't remember where I got these...

SNet and ANet scripts are ancient. They were in the old download center (WB052 times)
Can't remember right now who wrote them, but SNet stands for Small Net Drivers.script and ANet Stands for ALL Net Drivers.script.
SNet really copies just NIC drivers from the source CD. ANet copies not only all NIC drivers, but also a whole lot of other networking files, which caused some troubles for later projects.

cheers.gif

--------------------
NaughtyPE - The Multimedia PE!
Requirements: WB072 or 077RC2, XPSP2/W2k3SP1 source, Pentium CPU, 128MB RAM (256MB to use video players)
1 user(s) said "Thank you!" to MedEvil for this fantastic post:
Lancelot
+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #209
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 256

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Jan 26 2009, 10:01 AM) *
Sadly no, me and galapo asked this to kare long while ago, but it seems kare dont like or not excited about the idea.

That's because the Driver Export PE package comes with a version of Driver Import PE that does exactly that.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
Recommended steps to build LiveXP:
1) Download suitable WinBuilder.exe from here and run it;
2) Update through the Download Center by clicking the 'Download' button; and
3) Then build LiveXP by pressing the 'Play' button.
+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #210
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ******

Turkiye

Galapo

Yep, kare wrote me that but i never had chance to test smile.gif (i guess he also told that version works without much interface), probably not be available free for a loooooooong while dry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLiveXP -- Anything & Everything
Look only Post #1 and Last Posts of this topic
1,834 Lancelot 106,099 12th November 2009 - 11:22 PM
Last post by: Lancelot
No New Posts LiveXP shutdown process
4 Arjun 382 9th November 2009 - 01:43 AM
Last post by: TheHive
No new Topic has attachmentsLiveXP Troubleshooting
Various questions and answers
92 JohnBug 8,398 29th October 2009 - 02:25 PM
Last post by: amalux
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLiveXP WB078 Slow Load
64.4Mb ISO Slowly loading....*VIDEO*
11 dsolomon 941 20th October 2009 - 06:56 PM
Last post by: psc
No New Posts LiveXP Adding Driver?
6 Furgy 696 13th October 2009 - 11:30 AM
Last post by: Lancelot

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum