Digg this topic Add to my del.icio.us Submit to SlashDot 32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BootSDI, zCopy and ImageCreator utility
Rating 5 V
Galapo
post Mar 13 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #311

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 11

Australia

Hi nikzzzz,

I notice that WimPack does some patching or something of registry service entries. Can you explain what it is doing here?

Thanks,
Galapo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Mar 13 2008, 04:57 AM
Post #312

Advanced Member

Australia

Attached is a WimPack script I've been working on. I have attempted to include some sort of automatic updating of the exclude list from txtsetup.sif. Still can't achieve a successful boot yet when packing \system32\, so I have to add more files.

Regards,
Galapo.

+Quote Post
nikzzzz
post Mar 13 2008, 06:11 AM
Post #313

Advanced Member

Member No.: 711

Russia

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 13 2008, 02:20 AM) *
Hi nikzzzz,
I notice that WimPack does some patching or something of registry service entries. Can you explain what it is doing here?

Registry - replace patch for moved files. (...\syst32\File => ...\System32\File)
Similarly for *.lnk files.

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 13 2008, 04:57 AM) *
Attached is a WimPack script I've been working on. I have attempted to include some sort of automatic updating of the exclude list from txtsetup.sif. Still can't achieve a successful boot yet when packing \system32\, so I have to add more files.

ExcludeFileList it is made on a basis nativeEx_barebone. Works. You could not lay out ready minimum unpacked your assemblage? I can look, what files lack.

WimPack create log in %Tools%\wim . You it saw ?

Regards !

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Mar 13 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #314

Advanced Member

Australia

I made a few changes to the scripts as I'm playing around with a few ideas. See the attached.

@nikzzzz
Thanks for the explanation. I understand what you're doing and it's quite clever.

Yes, I've seen the log file, which is how I assume you generate the startup batch file.

Regards,
Galapo.

+Quote Post
nikzzzz
post Mar 13 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #315

Advanced Member

Member No.: 711

Russia

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 13 2008, 08:13 AM) *
I made a few changes to the scripts as I'm playing around with a few ideas. See the attached.

Small remark:

CODE
[Add-WAIK-Files]
If,NotExistFile,"%target_sys%\wimgapi.dll",FileCopy,"%pFileBox1%\wimgapi.dll","%target_sys%"
[WimPack]
If,NotExistFile,"%target_win%\System32\wimgapi.dll",Halt,"WimPack error - wimgapi.dll not found."
If,NotExistFile,"%Tools%\Wim\wimgapi.dll",FileCopy,"%target_win%\System32\wimgapi.dll","%Tools%\Wim"

Replace
CODE
If,NotExistFile,"%Tools%\Wim\wimgapi.dll",FileCopy,"%pFileBox1%\wimgapi.dll","%Tools%\Wim"

wimgapi.dll necessary for WimPack.exe only.

Regards !

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Mar 14 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #316

Advanced Member

Australia

New version of WimPack script is attached with more options. Place under 'Finish\1 Optimizations'.

Requirements:

1) %temp% variable available early at boot. If using imdisk ramdisk for %temp%, need version 15:
Attached File  ImDisk.7z ( 51.98K ) Number of downloads: 13

2) Version 53 of BootSDI:
Attached File  BootSDI.7z ( 991.43K ) Number of downloads: 18

Regards,
Galapo.

EDIT: new version below.

+Quote Post
psc
post Mar 14 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #317

Guru

Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 14 2008, 09:44 AM) *
1) %temp% variable available early at boot. If using imdisk ramdisk for %temp%, need version 15:

I do not understand that.

Can you explain a bit, maybe with code.

Peter

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Mar 14 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #318

Advanced Member

Australia

QUOTE (psc @ Mar 14 2008, 09:59 PM) *
I do not understand that.

Can you explain a bit, maybe with code.

Sure:
From Imdisk:
CODE
If,%pCheckBox2%,NotEqual,True,RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\000","imdisk","hiderun /w imdisk -a -t vm -m %RAMDriveLetter% -s %pTextBox1%%Unit% -p #$q/fs:%Format% /q /v:%pTextBox2% /y %Compress%#$q"
If,%pCheckBox2%,Equal,True,RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\000","imdisk","imdisk -a -t vm -m %RAMDriveLetter% -s %pTextBox1%%Unit% -p #$q/fs:%Format% /q /v:%pTextBox2% /y %Compress%#$q"
//If,%pCheckBox2%,NotEqual,True,RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\100","100","hiderun /w imdisk -a -t vm -m %RAMDriveLetter% -s %pTextBox1%%Unit% -p #$q/fs:%Format% /q /v:%pTextBox2% /y %Compress%#$q"
//If,%pCheckBox2%,Equal,True,RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\100","100","imdisk -a -t vm -m %RAMDriveLetter% -s %pTextBox1%%Unit% -p #$q/fs:%Format% /q /v:%pTextBox2% /y %Compress%#$q"

The commented lines were starting too late as the variable has to be available for this line to run without error from WimPack
CODE
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\000","WimPack","hiderun /w WimMount.cmd"

I guess I should have added that this is only necessary if loading the WIM images into a VMDK container. But then, I don't see why this option wouldn't be used as it allows for the container to be not loaded into ram and simply contained on the CD (or elsewhere, I've just loaded mine from USB).

If you'd prefer to have imagex tmp set to x:\i386 as orginally done by nikzzzz, just comment out the following line #132:
CODE
TXTReplace,"%target_win%\WimMount.cmd","Tmp=#$pwindir#$p","Tmp=#$ptemp#$p"

Regards,
Galapo.

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Today, 05:30 AM
Post #319

Advanced Member

Australia

See the attached for a new version of the WimPack script. Still requires the newer versions of Imdisk and BootSDI from a few posts above.

This time I've also updated the exclude file list which is working with LiveXP (well, at least with the basic scripts, shell, etc.).

Regards,
Galapo.

Attached File  WimPack.7z ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 0

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Development · Next Newest »

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

Members Who Viewed Topic Today ()

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th March 2008 - 06:31 AM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it