Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

Reply to this topic
 MultiBoot USB: Boot Multiple ISO images from USB, Utility to Boot from USB Multiple ISO image files
Rating 5 V
post May 11 2010, 05:08 AM
Post #1
Duderino

Group: Members

Thank(s): 3

Mexico

Being this the "Boot from USB / Boot anywhere" forum I thought for my first post here it would be appropriate I'd contribute something for the "Boot Anything" department.

MultiBoot USB helps you to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive that you can use to Boot Multiple ISO Files from USB, includes native support for many Linux distributions, UBCD, Pertitioning/Imaging tools, etc.

This ISO MultiBoot Tool allows you to run the following tools from ISO image files stored in your USB flash drive:

* Parted Magic 4.8
* Ultimate Boot CD
* Memtest86+
* Linux Mint 8
* FreeDOS
* Puppy Linux 4.3.1
* Kubuntu 9.10
* Ubuntu 9.10[/b]
* Ubuntu Server Edition
* Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix
* Xubuntu 9.10
* Damn Small Linux
* SliTaz Linux
* Ophcrack XP
* Ophcrack Vista
* Offline NT Password + Reg Editor
* RIP Linux 9.3
* Ylmf OS
* DBAN 1.0.7 (Hard Drive Nuker)
* xPUD (Simple Netbook Distro)
* BKO boot.kernel.org

Upon boot you are presented with a basic menu that allows you to select the tool of your choosing.

This app uses GRUB as bootloader so adding ISO images is just a matter of figuring out the nomenclature from the rest of the apps already included in the menu.lst file and modifying the menu.lst accordingly.

If anyone can please figure out how to add a Knoppix, Slax, NimbleX, and/or LiveXP wink.gif ISOs into the GRUB menu.lst please post here, as I haven't been able to do it.

Information, instructions and download details are here: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/boot-multiple...-multiboot-usb/

NOTE: before posting I did a couple of forum searches for this tool and I found nothing.
I apologize if this has been posted before and if so please feel free to move/delete this thread.

Best regards.

--Duder.

2 user(s) said "Thank you!" to Duderino for this fantastic post:
leo29, xpt
+Quote Post
post May 11 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #2
Wonko the Sane
Gold Member   *****
Group: Advanced user

Thank(s): 162

Italy

Nice. thumbup.gif

Though it uses evidently grub4dos (and NOT GRUB) and you posted it in the Syslinux section.

Possibly a Mod/Admin can move it where it belongs....either Grub4dos or Projectforge.

cheers.gif
Wonko

--------------------

Light Blue Ribbon Campaign for Freedom of Skin

But ... then, why?
1 user(s) said "Thank you!" to Wonko the Sane for this fantastic post:
leo29
+Quote Post
post Jun 18 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #3
xpt
Member   **
Group: Members

Thank(s): 1

Canada

QUOTE (Duderino @ May 11 2010, 06:08 AM) *
If anyone can please figure out how to add a Knoppix, Slax, NimbleX, and/or LiveXP wink.gif ISOs into the GRUB menu.lst please post here, as I haven't been able to do it.

For Slax, & NimbleX, AFAIK, they don't provide booting off ISO, but it is trivial to make them boot off USB -- just copy the content off the ISO into USB, then add proper menu entries.

Here are a few samples,
http://live-developers.sourceforge.net/too...ol2grub-exp.htm
and if you use linux, you can use isol2grub to customize where you want to put them.

HTH

1 user(s) said "Thank you!" to xpt for this fantastic post:
leo29
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Boot windows from extended partition
55 xpt 2,667 Yesterday, 06:29 PM
Last post by: Wonko the Sane
No New Posts ISO mapped as C: or barking up wrong tree?
4 Technotika 150 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last post by: Technotika
No New Posts usb imaging & back up
13 Technotika 524 19th June 2010 - 06:06 PM
Last post by: erwan.l
No New Posts Boot-loader for INT 0x13 mapping non-contiguous files
8 supaJ 378 18th June 2010 - 08:01 PM
Last post by: sebus
No New Posts USB drive letter prob
explorer does not sync w/ disk management
6 RaidenII 766 16th June 2010 - 12:15 PM
Last post by: chosen17