Personal Photo
Rating

Options
Options
Personal Statement
robinj doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Personal Info
robinj
Age Unknown
Male
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Statistics
Profile Views: 0*
Local Time: Nov 3 2007, 12:44 AM
9 posts (0 per day)
Contact Information
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Private
* Profile views updated each hour

robinj

Members

Topics
Comments
Friends
My Content
11 Oct 2007
Read Topic
Command Line Shutdown/Reboot
Hello,

I was trying to create an Autoit script for use in LiveXP that automates a few tasks. When done, I wanted it to shutdown or reboot LiveXP. Does anyone know a simple way to do this? Autoit tries to use Shutdown which is not part of default build so it fails, then I tried using various DLL calls using rundll32. Only one I can find is the one that brings up the standard shutdown GUI which you still have to respond to.

Must be someway of doing this since Ghost can do it.....

Thanks for any ideas

Robin
28 Jun 2007
Read Topic
Wait for network to initialize
I have been trying to build a PXE/USB/CDROM compatible image that will automatically download a Ghost Image. I have a couple of issues with this that I was looking for some help with.

Firstly, and most importantly, is there a simple way to tell an application not to start until the network has fully initialized? I have PENetwork autostarting with DHCP and tried to do the same with Ghost. However Ghost launches at the same time as the PENetwork script and then fails because network is not yet available. So I want to make it only startup once network script has completed. Any ideas?

Secondly, and as a random stab in the dark, does anyone know if it is possible to pass a boot time parameter from a bootloader like ISOLinux/PXELinux into Windows PE. ISOLinux can pass a kernel parameter to Linux which can be retrieved after boot, and using memdisk a parameter can be passed to DOS images, but not found a way to do this with PE yet. Its great for specifying the Ghost session name!

Any suggestions will be greatfully received.

Regards

Robin
Last Visitors

10 Jul 2007 - 14:23

Comments
Other users have left no comments for robinj.

Friends
There are no friends to display.
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd November 2007 - 11:44 PM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it

IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here