Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIC survey
Boot Land > Groups > WinBuilder > Vote!
Alexei
yahoo.gif Everybody smile.gif
Please post here all network cards you want to be included in "Default NIC support" - small set of drivers for the most popular network cards.
Limitation: drivers should be included into XP distribution of free for re-distribution.
It would be nice if you could just specify just the name of the INF-file smile.gif
cheers.gif
Alexei
edborg
Realtek RTL8139 810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (oem21.inf).
VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter (oem7.inf).
Thanks.
edborg
TheHive
Driver_Intel®_PRO_100_VE_Network_Connection
I used the Drivers Script from Smiley but I dont see any embeded files or a INF-file so I dont know what the INF-file is.
Yorn
Actually, you guys listed the three most popular ones I think. And probably the ones that would need to be in there. Realtek had such cheap (but good) ethernet cards back in the day that everyone had a realtek network card (or compatible) and the VIA network drivers are good to have for anyone using AMD motherboards and the Intel network drivers should be universal for those Motherboards as well as most corporate PCs.

Maybe someone should check on the most common Dell network driver as well.

Lastly, I don't think the number of drivers should be all that much of an issue, just have two scripts, the "1 meg" script that only adds a meg to the install and the "10 meg" script that adds a lot more network drivers at the expense of space.

Originally, what got me into modpe was the space savings, but now that we're starting to add things back in, it's good to be comprehensive, especially since people keep showing up here expecting a replacement for BartPE.
Alexei
QUOTE(Yorn @ Nov 6 2006, 08:05 AM) *

Lastly, I don't think the number of drivers should be all that much of an issue, just have two scripts, the "1 meg" script that only adds a meg to the install and the "10 meg" script that adds a lot more network drivers at the expense of space.
I agree on "minimal"(1mb) / "most popular" (10mb) sets of nic drivers.
Though, in the future it may be 3rd script with "all nic drivers" that would allow seclection by "family" or something like that.
cheers.gif
Alexei
PS
I'll wait a bit more, then I'll make those (1/10 mb) scripts smile.gif
curare
ei there...

How about try this link..
tons of drivers from graphics to wlan...
cheers.gif
Alexei
QUOTE(curare @ Nov 19 2006, 11:38 PM) *

ei there...

How about try this link..
tons of drivers from graphics to wlan...
cheers.gif

@curare
Do you have direct download links?
The site is rather tricky. Unfortuntely, I can't allow execution of encripted java script on my PC.
So, the only way I see right now is to create virtual pc designated to this download or install NT on real PC, make download, shutdown, copy necessary files under PE, format HD sad.gif
I'll do it eventually, but to right now smile.gif
cheers.gif
Alexei
curare
QUOTE(Alexei @ Nov 21 2006, 09:52 AM) *

Do you have direct download links?
The site is rather tricky. Unfortuntely, I can't allow execution of encripted java script on my PC.
So, the only way I see right now is to create virtual pc designated to this download or install NT on real PC, make download, shutdown, copy necessary files under PE, format HD sad.gif
I'll do it eventually, but to right now smile.gif
cheers.gif
Alexei

DriverPacks Intro and link page

Direct downloads of DriverPacks (only for LAN, Storage and WLAN)...
DriverPack LAN
DriverPack Mass Storage
DriverPack WLAN
yahoouk
VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter (oem7.inf).

Is it not strange? For my NIC, VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter is oem10.inf???? blink.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.