Personal Photo
Rating

Options
Options
Personal Statement
kali doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Personal Info
kali
Age Unknown
Gender Not Set
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Statistics
Profile Views: 0*
Local Time: Nov 2 2007, 05:43 PM
1 posts (0 per day)
Contact Information
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Private
* Profile views updated each hour

kali

Members

Topics
Comments
Friends
My Content
4 Oct 2007
I got liveXP working just fine. Burned the ISO to a CD.

Boots great from the cd (although it doesnt find my network card - but it is an older machine). However a problem I am having is I am trying to use/run some software that needs to modify / patch some of the windows files. The problem is the software doesnt let me choose the location of the windows directory to patch. I think it is just going off of what the active windows directory is - which is the ramdrive?? (x:\ on my machine) that liveXP sets up. So it tries to patch the windows folder on the x:\ drive which ofc doesnt work.

Is there any way to somehow switch the active windows directory so that I can run my program? Or maybe there is another solution I am not mentioning. My alternative solution is to reinstall XP which basically would be a massive pain in the ass because of how many folders / directories / data that I would have to do a witch hunt for.

This is for one of my own personal machines. So I do not have a nice external usb hdd to image my drive to and then just reinstall windows and not worry about it. So patching >>> than reinstalling everything. Oh and windows is totally screwed on my machine - it does not even boot - thus why I was hoping to beable to do this through liveXP.
Last Visitors
kali has no visitors to display.

Comments
Other users have left no comments for kali.

Friends
There are no friends to display.
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd November 2007 - 11:43 PM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it

IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here