IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Personal Photo
Rating

Options
Options
Personal Statement
Squid doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Personal Info
Squid
Advanced Member
Age Unknown
Gender Not Set
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Statistics
Profile Views: 0*
Local Time: Sep 27 2008, 04:40 PM
91 posts (0.19 per day)
Contact Information
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Private
* Profile views updated each hour

Squid

Members

Topics
Comments
Friends
My Content
18 Sep 2008
Read Topic
Help with PENetwork?
Hello Folks!

Hopefully, this is a truly simple request (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

OK.

I have PENetwork, HostNIC, and FBWF installed and running well on my build of LiveXP.

While running the build on a target, I kick things off by installing the necessary NIC drivers via HostNIC. Next, I run PENetwork; and allow the network to be started. Depending upon my build choices, PENetwork either dismisses or retreats to the system tray. All seems good.

Now, to put the rubber to the road, I fire up Off-by-One. This is where the whole thing craps out: We simply cannot find Google; even though all has gone well to both install and start the NIC and the network (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I have tried figuring this problem out by trolling the posts and looking through a PE networking primer which ispy has created. Unless I missed something along the way, I did not see anything which would directly address this missive: If HostNIC installs the network and PENetwork starts it, then, according to what I saw, everything should be available for Off-by-One to find the Internet on the target machine.

Help?

Thanks --
11 Sep 2008
Read Topic
File Association Help Needed . . .
Hello folks!

Probably a REALLY simple one this time: I can't get the community's "Paint" script to associate with the usual image filetypes --

[Main]
Title=Paint
Type=script
Level=5
Description=Includes MS Paint in the PE build
Author=Boot-Land community
Contact=http://www.boot-land.net/forums
Version=004
Date=2007-03
Selected=True
Locked=True
Download_Level=1
Upload=2008-Feb-02 03:45:05

[Interface]
pCheckBox1=Desktop,1,3,23,42,66,18,False
pCheckBox2=StartMenu,1,3,23,64,74,18,True
pBevel1=pBevel1,1,12,5,13,111,78
pTextLabel1=Shortcut(s):,1,1,23,20,57,18,8,Normal

[Variables]
%TargetSys32%=%TargetDir%\i386\system32

[process]
Expand,"%SourceDir%\i386\mspaint.ex_","%TargetSys32%"
Expand,"%SourceDir%\i386\mfc42u.dl_","%TargetSys32%"
IniWrite,"%ProjectInfo%","UPX-Switches","MSPAINT.exe","-9 --compress-resources=0"
If,%pCheckBox1%,Equal,True,Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\mspaint.exe","Paint"
If,%pCheckBox2%,Equal,True,Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"SM\Graphics","#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\mspaint.exe","Paint"
associate_file,bmp
associate_file,jpg
associate_file,jpeg
associate_file,jpe
associate_file,jfif
associate_file,dib
associate_file,gif
associate_file,tif
associate_file,tiff
associate_file,png

Run,%ScriptLog%,Process-log

[AuthorEncoded]
authorlogo.jpg=924,1232

[EncodedFile-AuthorEncoded-authorlogo.jpg]

And, to add insult to injury, I cannot get the program to open anything other than bitmaps on LiveXP (despite the fact that the native app works well with gifs, jpgs, etc.)

Can't quite sort out the bits . . .

Thanks!

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
10 Sep 2008
Read Topic
EWF-Like FBWF in LiveXP?
Hello folks!

This post represents the latest step which I am taking to allow for "Run Anywhere" Ethernet via hostNIC in my LiveXP build.

In order to do this, I have learned (from my previous post) that we need writeback capability in the PE filesystem. Of course, this is neatly possible by using the BootSDI option at build; but that avenue will necessarily entail larger amounts of RAM being tied up during deployment upon a target; not good for older systems.

So, the journey has finally landed me here, through the gracious tips provided by posters in the last thread. Thanks again to all who helped here (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Now, having downloaded Thuun's FBWF script (which incorporates an EWF-like RAM-write feature); I placed the file on my WinBuilder LiveXP directory structure under Projects\LiveXP\Apps\System. Running WinBuilder, I opened the "FBWF with Cache Threshold Adjust" script on the UI; brought the % RAM level used down to 10; and agreed to the EULA. Simple!

Build time.

All went normally until the incorporation of the FBWF script into the final build. At that point, the build process politely exited with the appended error message (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

For the record, I seem to have satisfied the gist of this message before commencing with the build; as I left the default pCheckBox2's value as True, "Set %Temp% and %RamDrv% variables to X:"

Really stoked to try this, and all looks good; so what could be wrong here???

Thanks again for all of the help!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

3 Sep 2008
Read Topic
Paint Plugin for LiveXP?
Greetings!

Wanted to include the "Paint" accessory applet from XP in my final build of 074; and didn't see anything which might be presently available to do the job ;o)

I'm getting familiar with plugin creation using MakeScript (great app!). I need to have the plugin associated with all of the common image filetypes from boot, if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch . . .
3 Sep 2008
Read Topic
Devcon Errors in LiveXP Build...
Hello again.

Just finished building the default LiveXP 074 release, and wound up with these errors which seem to cripple SysPrep in the build:

[Failed] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\devcon\i386\devcon.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\devcon]
[Failed] DirDelete - Failed to delete directory [%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\devcon]

Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Thanks again --
Last Visitors

Today, 05:47 PM

3 Sep 2008 - 23:12

20 Oct 2007 - 12:59
psc

8 Jun 2007 - 10:12

Comments
Other users have left no comments for Squid.

Friends
There are no friends to display.
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2008 - 11:40 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here