IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Personal Photo
Rating

Options
Options
Personal Statement
MichaelZ doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Personal Info
MichaelZ
Advanced Member
52 years old
Male
Braunschweig, Germany
Born Dec-12-1955
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Statistics
Profile Views: 17*
Local Time: Mar 25 2008, 12:36 PM
96 posts (0.25 per day)
Contact Information
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Private
* Profile views updated each hour

MichaelZ

Advanced user

Topics
Comments
Friends
My Content
25 Jul 2007
Read Topic
[Help needed] How to include a text file in another
Hi everyone,

does anyone have an idea how to code a script so I can copy a file into another one? I would like to use this in VistaPE Finalize grub.script. I have several other OS in my custom folder that I add to the iso and that shall be selectable from the grub4dos menu. In the last beta of VistaPE NightMan has started to create the menu.lst dynamically because of his selectable OtherOS in his project.
I could also add my lines using the TXTAddLine script command. But because there are so many lines I would prefer to add the contents of another file. Is this possible?

Many Greetings
MichaelZ
25 Jul 2007
Read Topic
[WB 072] Bug in Log window
Hi Nuno,

I think I found a bug in the new WinBuilder 072 that was not present in the last beta I was using before my vacation (071 beta 9).

After a successfull build of a project I remain on the Script page and select the Log sub page. On the left part of the sub window is a tree with the items Scripts, Sections, Processed, Ignored, Info etc. The section Info is opened. With WB 071 beta 9 I could click on Scripts and then this section was opened and the corresponding entries could be selected and one jumped to the corresponding details in the right part of the sub window. With WB 072 this only works for the opened section Info but for no other.

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

UPDATE

Incidentally I just found out that a doubleclick instead of the previous click will now do it (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/yammer.gif)
(have I overseen this in the release notes ??? (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/roll1.gif) )
6 Jun 2007
Read Topic
[WB] and [All scripts] Variable for allowed projects
Hi everyone,

from my own experience and from watching topics on this forum I consider one of the most difficult to understand parts of WinBuilder plus Projects ist to see which user developped addon scripts can be used for which project.

There are activities to support multiple projects in one script (e.g. in this post) and there are the activities for Common API. But even if all these are finished and resulted in releases, there is quite a big chance that scripts will be developped for only one or multiple but not all projects.

WinBuilder plus projects would be easier to use when scripts are marked for which project they are designed. One of the implementation possibilities would be a variable AllowedProjects in the Main section of the script. The value would be a comma separated list with project names. Then WinBuilder could indicate using the three colors green, yellow and red e.g. in the script name or additional icon (or whatever) the status. Green means project included in AllowedProjects, red stands for project not included in AllowedProjects and yellow means legacy script (AllowedProject not present).

When something like this is realised, then there could be a folder besides 'projects' named 'projects common' or there could be a reserved project named '!Common'. The content of this folder would be mapped into each project. This way there wouldn't need to be an application multiple times in different projects as nativeEx_barebone, LiveXP, NativePE and VistaPE. I could imageine that this also makes it easier for beginners. This would need some coordination between script developpers, but thats already necessary with the tools path, and I don't think that that' s a problem.

Many Greetings
MichaelZ
4 Jun 2007
Read Topic
[WB possible bug] Return from screensaver
Hi,

could it be that there is a bug in WinBuilder that occurs after return from screensaver? I noticed already several times that after returning from password protected screensaver (hitting Alt-Ctrl-Del, entering password and hitting Enter) WinBuilder started again to build the project. This happens when WinBuilder has the keyboard focus when the screensaver starts. But it seems not to occur when locking the computer with Win+L. Presently I run WB 071 Beta 1, but I observed that already with previous versions.

Has anyone else seen this happen? Or could it be that this is an issue with a virtual desktop manager?

Many Greetings
MichaelZ
31 May 2007
Read Topic
[WinBuilder 071 Beta 1 bug] Extract files from script
Hi Nuno, hi everyone else,

I think that there is a bug in WinBuilder 071 Beta 1 in the built-in script editor. I open a script that contains several files and select the register tab Attachments. When I right click a file and select 'Extract to script path' I get a message box
Successfully extracted N files to:
[script path]

But the files are not extracted. As a work around one has to extract each single file and select the path each time.

Many Greetings
MichaelZ
Last Visitors
psc

12 Dec 2007 - 13:53

12 Dec 2007 - 13:47

3 Oct 2007 - 2:17
gianpy69

4 Sep 2007 - 14:57

7 Jul 2007 - 19:47

Comments
Other users have left no comments for MichaelZ.

Friends

4863 posts
Today, 02:51 AM

434 posts
20th February 2008 - 12:01 PM
View All Friends
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2008 - 11:36 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here