Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

naebeth

Members

Profile Views: 15*
Local Time: Jun 16 2010, 08:32 PM 14 posts (0.78 per day)

naebeth doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Visit My Website

Personal Photo
Personal Info
Contact Information

naebeth
Age Unknown
Male
Lincolnshire, UK
Birthday Unknown
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Send an Email

Topics
Files E2T
Comments
Friends
My Content
2 Jun 2010
Read Topic
Adding UBCD4Win to a Grub4Dos boot loader?
I'll apologise now if my post seems at all brash, but its getting late and I've been struggling on this one issue quite literally all day. Between searching the internet, constantly updating and remounting ISOs, and only achieving failures, I'm somewhat fed up. I really do appreciate all the help I've had from this forum so far, be it from reading, posting or private messages, and imagine I will do for a long while to come yet.
So, on to the matter at hand...

I'm currently working through a series of ISO files, adding them to UBCD's Grub4Dos boot menu. It started with 5 ISOs, but now is upto 18 with 9 fully operational. The 10th on my list is UBCD4Win. I'm struggling amazingly with it, though. I've tried everything I can think of and everything I can find on the internet that seems even remotely relevant.
Unfortunately the mixture of my lack of Grub4Dos experience and most people on the internet booting UBCD4Win in its HDD form off a HDD or USB stick mean the best I have achieved thus far is a BSoD.

I've managed to get to two different outcomes:
- trying to target UBCD4Win's syslinux/isolinux results in immediate failure
- booting to UBCD4Win's XP system results in bypassing the menu system and a BSoD straight after XP's loader bar finishes.

Things to note:
- I can't extract from the ISO as every source says folder/file paths are hardcoded in SETUPLDR.BIN and I will not settle on it being located anywhere but /ubcd/custom.
- I made my UBCD4Win from Server2003 as opposed to XP (as I don't have a proper XP install CD).
- I'm new to syslinux/isolinux, Grub4Dos, UBCD4Win (or any form of "LiveXP" system) and I've never used GRUB before (should you think I need to use it).
- I've read through hundreds of posts on tens of threads from forums all over the internet and can neither find someone who shares my aim nor piece something together by myself that gets the job done, so I'd prefer if you explain things to me rather than post links. That said, if your link really is helpful (ie an obscure forum/tutorial/documentation) then feel free.

Thanks in advance guys!

Extras
Options
Options
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Last Visitors

2 Jun 2010 - 9:58

30 May 2010 - 2:42
Comments
Other users have left no comments for naebeth.
Friends
There are no friends to display.
* Profile views updated each hour