Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

Technotika

Members

Profile Views: 27*
Local Time: Jun 16 2010, 09:08 PM 37 posts (0.34 per day)
Viewing Topic: ELTORITO.SYS and the CDROM error

Technotika doesn't have a personal statement currently.

Personal Photo
Personal Info
Contact Information

Technotika
Age Unknown
Gender Not Set
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Send an Email

Topics
Files E2T
Comments
Friends
My Content
16 Jun 2010
Read Topic
ELTORITO.SYS and the CDROM error
Hi
I recently successfully used the above to get round booting an ISO that was looking for a CD ROM drive.

Today I applied the principal to another machine, but just as it was about to lay the ghost file down on the PC it error'd
and said x:not ready retry abort fail CDR101 is not ready (similar)

the working config.sys entry is as below

DEVICE=himem.sys /testmem:off /v
rem DEVICE=oakcdrom.sys /D:cd0
DEVICE=btdosm.sys
DEVICE=flashpt.sys
DEVICE=eltorito.sys /D:cd0
LASTDRIVE = Z

My question is, Shall I change the config.sys on the problem ISO to match that which is being asked for i.e

DEVICE=himem.sys /testmem:off /v
rem DEVICE=oakcdrom.sys /D:cd0
DEVICE=btdosm.sys
DEVICE=flashpt.sys
DEVICE=eltorito.sys /D:CDR101?????????
LASTDRIVE = Z

I know I could just try it but quite a lengthy process rebuilding 3.5 gb image and just want to know if I'm on the right track or not before
recompiling - thanks team , looking 4 wrd to some top tips!! sporty13.gif

15 Jun 2010
Read Topic
Back to Basics
Hi Guys
My original work project to get all the iso's booting off one USB has failed miserably, seems lots more things went wrong (cd deploy script and ghost scripts) after the eltorito.sys allowed me to get round the CD rom problem.

HOWEVER there is a light.
I have found out since that there already exists a BOOTABLE usb for 1 of the iso's. What I am going to try now is get the info from that and try and load that from grub for dos.
The boot content is as follows, is there enough here to get it to load from the io.sys or something using g4dos, when I run it in qemu it loads up using dos.

Perhaps I can make the work usb using the method already used - THEN install G4D over the top then perhaps use a menu entry in there to kick start the files already on the USB key?

thanks guys sorry for hassle

Volume in drive F is UD1 BUILD
Volume Serial Number is EA4C-F837

Directory of f:\

/BUILD (folder)
/autoexec.bat (file)
/command.com (file)
/config.sys (file)
/io.sys (file)
/msdos.sys (file)
14 Jun 2010
Read Topic
2 ISO's booting off one dual layer DVD?
Hi Again,

Just wondering if its possible to map 2 iso's burnt on a DVD with G4D as bootloader. I only ask because the file structure clashes if they were to be unzipped together.
I can load each ISO in qemu and get the right results however loaded on g4d dvd iso, the tests always give this response...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i have used this instructions http://diddy.boot-land.net/grub4dos/files/install_cd.htm (method 1)

And here is my menu, i think I miss a tinybit of info scared9.gif

thanks

title Test
find --set-root /test2t.iso
map /test2t.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
chainloader (0xff)

title test2
find --set-root /test3-orig.iso
map /test3-orig.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
chainloader (0xff)
12 Jun 2010
Read Topic
Menu appearance and position of entries
Hi Guys

I am just on the last legs of creating a great project for my work, and after getting the main booting stuff sorted out, I'd like to be able to
seal this baby with a half decent looking menu.
I have read the guide about creating splash images, colours and all things pretty like that. However what I can't find any info about is
about tables and their location. I found a "sample" menu.lst that somehow using strange characters puts a table round the title list and
also had it quite offset from the left margin if you like, more centralised.
I have copied and attempted (successfully to a degree) to emulate what was in the sample however as much as it has made things look nice
its created other issues I was hoping someone might be able to help clear up. It's all pretty anal to be honest and I'm not sure it can be done.
There is the menu in the shot below. Basically after lots of tabbing and spacing and messing around I got it all in a nice table slap bang in the middle of the screen. However when selecting or srolling down the list the space cursor creates that goofy line on the left where it doesnt on the right. Is there a way to get rid of that space where the red cross is so the highlighter is nicely contained within the confines of the box?
Also perhaps there is a TOTAL list of all the things you can change appearance wise , or a guide etc.?
Thanks booters x help.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
10 Jun 2010
Read Topic
Can I set up a ramdrive 4 iso boot?.....
Hi Guys,
This forum is great and have learnt loads recently, and have successfully created some awesome usb keys for trouble shooting and repairing PC's.
However now I am where I want to be with that, I have turned my attentions towards applying my "lmtd skills" rolleyes.gif towards "USB'ing" things at work.

So far I can boot ISO's using grub4dos and syslinux quite happily, with a bit of tweaking here and there, However my latest project falls flat when it comes to the iso images I use at work.
We have a handful of different PC's that we have dvd ISO's knocking about all over the place.
We are forever burning the iso's to dvd and the office is just a mess with dvd's that work, that dont and its just a pain. USB sticks and grub4dos to the rescue I feel tongue.gif

The plan is to set up a nice USB with a grub/syslinux (or both if needed) with menus that let you select the appropriate image for the machine you are building/rebuilding. A classic use of this kind of system I feel.

Now so far I have the iso's on USB and have done a simple iso map command using "g4dos"and it goes through the process of loading but quickly fails because the iso, if being run from a dvd drive, loads a ramdrive "Q" to action something then load a GHOST image down on the system and away it goes.

I feel I can get this to work if I can apply some sort of third party ramdrive system (maybe firadisk, imdisk? from initial reading round) to the iso booting process.

The DVD's load a basic dos boot system first the load this ramdrive where they do something to get the PC name out of the bios then update the SYSPREP file so the ghost file can pick up the correct computer name.

I am quite sure if I can have some sort of ramdrive mapped as Q I can complete this task maybe just using the iso's etc.

Hope that makes sense. If it's something anyone has experience of please let me know or point me to a thread I may not have found. Other wise I can post more info if needed.

Thanks!!

smile.gif

Extras
Options
Options
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Last Visitors

Today, 05:39 PM

Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Wile.E.Warrig...

Yesterday, 08:47 AM

4 Jun 2010 - 18:07
nanoo

14 Mar 2010 - 23:00
Comments
Other users have left no comments for Technotika.
Friends
There are no friends to display.
* Profile views updated each hour