Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

foxsam

Members

Profile Views: 3*
Local Time: Jun 16 2010, 07:59 PM 17 posts (0.03 per day)

foxsam doesn't have a personal statement currently.

Personal Photo
Personal Info
Contact Information

foxsam
Age Unknown
Gender Not Set
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Private

Topics
Files E2T
Comments
Friends
My Content
20 Jan 2009
Read Topic
website freezes
I need to resize (restore and then maximize) ie7 every time i load a page. It is starting to get to me.
Am I the only one who is having this problem. It happens from page to page on this site and when I come here from other sites, such as google. Also when I leave here and go somewhere else. dry.gif
16 Jan 2009
Read Topic
Load usb drivers
Is it possible to load grub.exe ontop of dos with usb drivers to get the advantage of usb support in grub or will it ignore the dos drivers and look at the system from before dos?

is there any way to use grub to boot on hd using files (img,iso,initrd,etc...) from usb pcmcia?
15 Jan 2009
Read Topic
Slax NOT working with (hd32) mapping
Successfuly booted slax using: [EDIT: did not work(see update)]
CODE
map /g4d/iso/slax.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)
boot

from commandline

--Update--
Slax and tinyme (livelinux) both report fatal error when trying to mount the live cd or find the files it booted from. the mistake was I had the cd in the drive so it found the files.
Fix: use "from=/path/to/slax.iso" cheatcode in slax.cfg.

whats special here is that I did this on a very old laptop that does not boot usb. I used plop to boot from usb (it is very slow - usb1.1)

I also successfuly booted tinyxp_4_usb.iso which is a (slightly modded) version of tinyxp install it seemed to work. meaning it booted but I stopped it because I cannot install to usb because I only have one usb port.

--side note--
whenever I visit this site the page is frozen. I need maximize then restore (or opposite) to be able to scroll. am I the only one?

[url="http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38518480st7.jpg"][/url

Extras
Options
Options
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Last Visitors

17 Dec 2008 - 0:18
Comments
Other users have left no comments for foxsam.
Friends
There are no friends to display.
* Profile views updated each hour