Topics
Comments
Friends
My Content
11 Sep 2008
Read Topic
Great Newcommers Tutorial but questions
Hi Forum, Hi Amalux,

great Newcommers Tutorial, easy to reproduce (clicking some preset buttons, that's it) and gives you a good outlook for what is possible, well done Amalux! For me as a Newbee (I don't need to circumvent this phrase (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) the perfekt thing to start of with.

Anyway, I've got some open questions for estimating, if this solution will fitt my needs.

But first I like to depict some observations I made yesterday night whilst testing. I forgot to switch of antivir, and during script processing it went completly mental, complaining about some virus/worm and so on actions. I understand that this Windows activationkeyreader (or whatever name is appropriate) looks like virusaction, and hence there is alarm, but the other virus complaints looked very specific. -I do not have any logs or so, because I'am at work now- Did any one of you guys encounter similar?-just need a pacifier-

Second question, I was not able to access network, is there any wifi-support implemented? -Uhh forgot, I tried the "full"-version from Amalux-

Next, could anyone of you guys name me a tutorial for (newbeefriendly) HDD-instalation. I like to use "boot-us", because of its ability to realhide the partition and not mixing stuff up like the boot.ini procedure.

And for now last, does anyone know of the prossebility of freezing a HDD-installation in its new fresh and clean state (like steadystate.msi for Windows). I would like to have a rescuesystem on my secondary HDD with the potential for reinstaling images (True image 11) form networkdrive, unhindered virusdetecion/removal from a RAID 5 and internetaccess for reading how to's. A full insurance so to say.

Thank you guys, hope to read you soon, Rovaine

I have taken the liberty of moving this post to the "Community forum>Learn & Teach" section(Sorry for the inconvenience, ispy!)
Last Visitors
SamBarna

11 Sep 2008 - 18:34

Comments
Other users have left no comments for Rovaine.

Friends
There are no friends to display.
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2008 - 04:50 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here