Hello dear guest!

Why not join our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

Reply to this topic
 The mistery of Windows 7 install required CD/DVD, booted through grub4dos .iso mapping
post Sep 15 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #1
jaclaz
Finder   ******
Group: Advanced user

Thank(s): 467

Italy

Member triiui posted here:
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...=5041&st=26

his success in installing Windows 7 through grub4dos .iso mapping.

Same method is failing for member Demontager:
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...ic=9038&hl=
QUOTE (Demontager @ Sep 15 2009, 01:47 PM) *
I was able to boot only and actually when setup process should started get these errors:
Win7
"A required CD/DVD drive device is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD,DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

And the issue is confirmed by the sheer existence of the Chinese post/thread maanu found:
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...c=9038&st=8
which details a workaround making use of IMDISK

I contacted triiui via PM (reproduced by permission):
It seems like you incorrectedly posted here:
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...=5041&st=26
that Windows 7 install works, while it does not. unsure.gif

Please do confirm you actually booted it successfully WITHOUT the "missing" CD/DVD problem and/or start a new thread detailing HOW you did it.

cheers.gif

jaclaz

Uhm thats so wierd, like 3 hours ago I installed it into the HDD of my school without any kind of problem. Also I formated my computer yesterday due to some problems I had with the HDD and reinstalled Windows 7 with that method.

So its actually working. Maybe it's working, because I have Windows XP installer there, on the root of the pen, so when its looking for X file or configuration, it takes the XP configuration and works anyway. Im not sure tho.
If you know surely that you get problems if you boot the .iso from grub4dos, you are free to delete it, as much more people might have problems with that too.

No sad.gif, actually I would like to keep it AND provide a better solution instead of the "manual" command for IMDISK. wink.gif

If you don't mind I'll start a new thread, citing what happened and your current confirmation. (can I cite verbatim your PM?)

As soon as you have an occasion to install 7 on some machine, are you willing to investigate (basically by deleting little by little anything BUT windows 7 .iso, grub4dos and menu.lst) which files may be responsible of it working?

cheers.gif

jaclaz

yeah do it, np.
I will try to investigate about this; im a bit busy because of school right now, but I will check why it is working for me. I might be maybe just lucky? haha

Any idea/insight/suggestion/report is welcome. smile.gif

I anyway refuse to attribute the success or insuccess to wodoo.gif

There must be a reason....dubbio.gif

jaclaz

--------------------

Light Blue Ribbon Campaign for Freedom of Skin

The revenue from clicking on publicity at this post is given to jaclaz

+Quote Post
post Sep 15 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #2
triiui
Newbie   *
Group: Members

Thank(s): 1

Spain

As quoted up there, I think it is because I've XP installation files (from the BartPE method or w/e) and maybe thats the reason.

BTW version I'm using is RTM 7100. Maybe it has something to do with that
+Quote Post
post Sep 15 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #3
maanu
Silver Member   ****

Thank(s): 53

Pakistan

i am not so sure , BUT if 7 iso will boot from usb drive , it ll give missing cd/dvd drive error , BUT if it ll boot from HDD (suppose we have grub4dos installed to MBR) it wont give any error .

can anyone check by booting it from the hdd ? i dont have any iso right now so cant test it .

but im very much sure about it that on another community , more then 5 persons had this error , so i told them to extract the iso at the root and it worked . all of them were booting iso from the usb drive . i did not know by then that imdisk option .

and if you ll search on wuoyu , many ppl were having this cd/dvd error if they booted from usb 4drive .
+Quote Post
post Sep 15 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #4
jaclaz
Finder   ******

Thank(s): 467

Italy

Maybe it is connected with the "Fixed" vs. "Removable" status of the controller? unsure.gif

If yes, that would be another pont for "flipping the bit". wink.gif

If yes, is there a way to load either cfadisk.sys or dummydisk.sys in Windows 7? (at least in 32 bit versions) dubbio.gif

jaclaz

--------------------

Light Blue Ribbon Campaign for Freedom of Skin
+Quote Post
post Oct 19 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #5
tsetya
Member   **
Group: Members

Thank(s): 4

Indonesia

i tried to install to install win7 (7100 and 7600) using iso mapping from HDD, usb HDD, partitioned UFD, none of them work. setup starting then stop at "required cd/dvd driver missing"
tried to execute x:\sources\setup also the same.
(no problem when installing from extracted iso)

note: i have experience with this error when installing vista from HDD using extracted iso, in this case i can execute drive:\sources\setup and installer will continue.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Topic has attachmentsInstall XP from USB AFTER Booting with PE from HDD or USB
Install from USB without Booting from USB by using U_XP_SET
293 wimb 112,176 25th October 2009 - 11:09 AM
Last post by: wimb
No New Posts install win7pe or vistape on usb and encrypt whole usb wit truecrypt or smth ? how ?
1 matx 369 24th October 2009 - 05:46 PM
Last post by: ktp
No new Windows 7 and Unetbootin
28 Kromgol 11,392 24th October 2009 - 05:38 PM
Last post by: Icecube
No New Posts Installing Windows Xp on a partition created with Windows PE 3.0
1 Vortex 307 20th October 2009 - 08:44 AM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts windows on usb
5 Acris 531 14th October 2009 - 01:12 PM
Last post by: jaclaz

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum