Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topic
 LiveXPExtra apps scripts, collection of LiveXP compatible scripts
post Mar 15 2009, 05:42 AM
Post #1
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ****
Group: .script developer

Thank(s): 622

Turkiye

Edit20100606:

Hi all,

Due to reorganisations I start to made, I change script server name temporarly to Sevda

apps.winbuilder.net/Sevda/Projects ( http://apps.winbuilder.net/Sevda/Projects/ )

This new organisations are to avoid download to livexp project folder and instead to seperate folder to make maintance easier to end user.

for some other reasons, LiveXPExtra server also available (due to full respect especially to olegpov)

Yep it is a bit mixed now, still there is a lot work to be done to fully organise to make. When all finished it will be annouced .

Till all finished and announced, ALL files are available inside mostly apps.winbuilder.net/Sevda/Projects and apps.winbuilder.net/LiveXPExtra/Projects servers.

To download easly, here is a ready wb file with required server additions

http://lancelot.winbuilder.net/5F/20100606...xtraservers.rar

Users who have issues due to proxy, wb076 is also included in package which is reported with better results by proxy users.

Keep in mind, rest of post 1 have not updated due to not having much time.

See you

LiveXPExtra apps scripts ( http://apps.winbuilder.net/LiveXPExtra/Projects/ )

I try to gather some LiveXP scripts together to make distribution and search easy for LiveXP.
These are NOT all scripts for LiveXP. If you can not find the thing you want, just search in boot-land (or elsewhere) deeeper smile.gif.

Most Scripts also works in other projects (ex: VistaPE) as i test only with LiveXP i put name LiveXPExtra, in future project maybe seperated to "Apps Extra" and "LiveXP Extra" smile.gif , so feel free to download and test scripts in your project.

When gathering scripts, i make some verrrrrrrrry minor changes to script (mostly StartMenu location change/addings, also rename many scripts name and title, and in some cases download level, and contact info changed to boot-land topic.... these kind of stuff biggrin.gif )

I can not find time/computer to test all scripts, but i hope current collection will be useful for someone around smile.gif.
Also I write contact info to the scripts (when available), This is not a project, If you have a problem with a script follow contact info to get support (if available)

Usage is simple, with some examples:
1)
Add this to your server list of winbuilder:
apps.winbuilder.net/LiveXPExtra/Projects
or
download this winbuilder.ini and overwrite the one that exists.

2)
doubleclick winbuilder.exe, go to download screen.

3)
3a) if you want only antivirus scripts: unselect LiveXPExtra than select LiveXPExtra-Apps-Security-Antivirus-!Extra

3b) if you want only games scripts: unselect LiveXPExtra than select LiveXPExtra-Apps-Supplementary-Games-!Extra

3c) if you want all extra scripts, just click download.

Also
you can download script by script from here too smile.gif
http://apps.winbuilder.net/LiveXPExtra/Projects

@Nuno: I hope you remember the idea about server (not user) created updates.ini, which i hope will make this "apps.winbuilder" idea expand.

ps: There are rooms for other projects to make extra scripts available in future "ex: apps.winbuilder.net/VistaPEExtra/Projects" (Nuno is required again for "what to do on server side" opinions about double scripts smile.gif ).

Note: Only tested with LiveXP so these scripts naturally should work with native-ex based projects too.

Have fun band.gif

To Script Developers:
Please take care of some cosmetic/minor things when publishing your script(s), here is a mini list:

**Provide contact info as boot-land topic site of the script not the publisher of the utility
ex: Contact=http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6067
provide publisher with weblink (preferred) or with credits etc.

**Use a unique name for your scripts. The simplest way to make a unique name is using your bootland nickname
ex: TrendMicro_sysclean_mamisano.script (author: mamisano) , Ghost_Lance.script (author: lancelot)

**Use script name same with Title name
ex: TrendMicro_sysclean_mamisano.script , Title=TrendMicro_sysclean_mamisano

**Provide "Start Menu folder" as a textbox option on interface of the script. This is very important for grouping.

**Special case: for explorer scripts, use "Explorer_" as the begining name of shortcut. Ex: Explorer_Q-Dir_Nenad.lnk, Explorer_a43.

**For downloaded files folder etc., "%GlobalTemplates%\myaplicationfiles" is used in %99 of scripts. Please use it with a unique name (ex: "%GlobalTemplates%\Ghost_Lance_Files" )

**Try to avoid packing new files to .script, instead create a new script and pack files in it or use and folder, "%GlobalTemplates%\myaplicationfilesfolder\" is used in %99. (This makes providing new scripts easier).

**Use %GlobalTemplates% instead of .\Workbench\Common with LiveXP only scripts.
With using %GlobalTemplates% , to make the script VistaPE compatible
do NOT use this code in your scripts
CODE
Set,%GlobalTemplates%,"%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common"
Use this 2 lines in your scripts,
CODE
If,NOTEXISTVAR,%GlobalSupport%,Set,%GlobalSupport%,%BaseDir%\Workbench
If,NOTEXISTVAR,%GlobalTemplates%,Set,%GlobalTemplates%,%GlobalSupport%\Common
(Example: check usage of %GlobalTemplates% in ghost lance script)

**If you are opening a folder with botton use System,FILEREDIRECT in your scripts to make the script x64 compatible.
CODE
System,FILEREDIRECT,OFF
ShellExecuteEx,Open,explorer.exe,"/e#$c#$q%MyWorkbench%#$q"
System,FILEREDIRECT,ON

**Don't forget to create folder, ex:
CODE
If,NotExistDir,"%GlobalTemplates%\TeamViewer4_billonious",DirMake,"%GlobalTemplates%\TeamViewer4_billonious"

Some changes are made to scripts by me due to those counted, it will be easier for me to add new scripts to server when these minor things are already there.

To Script Developers and Project Administrators:
What is the purpose of the %GlobalTemplates% and %GlobalSupport% variables?

With LiveXP %GlobalTemplates% means %BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\
Defined in script.project by
%GlobalSupport%=%BaseDir%\Workbench
%GlobalTemplates%=%GlobalSupport%\Common
*****It is a common folder to keep the files collected around smile.gif

example from livexp:
\Workbench\Common\BootSDI --> contains setupldr.bin and ramdisk.sys files from 2k3
\Workbench\Common\FBWF --> contains fbwflib.dll and fbwf.sys

* hostos independency:
I dont have wireshark installed on my hostos, but i can build wireshark because i have it on my
%GlobalTemplates%\Wireshark_Homes32
folder

* Mobility:
I noticed some vistape scripts uses Temp folder, but temp folder will be deleted (a script downloading to temp and extracting from temp)
so i advice them to download %globaltemplates% with a unique folder name (Ex: Wireshare_Homes32 ) by adding 2 lines to the script
CODE
If,NOTEXISTVAR,%GlobalSupport%,Set,%GlobalSupport%,%BaseDir%\Workbench
If,NOTEXISTVAR,%GlobalTemplates%,Set,%GlobalTemplates%,%GlobalSupport%\Common

* Mobility x 2:
Also these are missing on VistaPE too (thanks to homes32). If you use them in your script you made for LiveXP, you can use following lines to make your script compatible for vistape too
CODE
If,NotExistVar,%GlobalTemp%,Set,%GlobalTemp%,%BaseDir%\Temp
If,NotExistVar,%ProjectTemp%,Set,%ProjectTemp%,%GlobalTemp%\%ProjectName%

* hostos x64 compatibility:
Getting files from hostos is risky now a days with hostosx64, hostos x86 & x64 application setups installs only x64 .dll and .exe files which cant be used by livexp and vistape
see example here
(another example: acronis snapman filter files)

* More mobility and hostos x64 compatibility:
It is always better to have setups extracted by the script, when available (=setup file extractable, and free or downloadable)
ex:
%GlobalTemplates%\Myappliction\Download
%GlobalTemplates%\Myappliction\Extracted

If not available, better to define a folder for source (which i did with my ghost script)
%GlobalTemplates%\Ghost_Lance_Files

I hope you like %GlobalTemplates% idea smile.gif

*reg_add, RegAddBoot

Script writers should use mostly reg_add for their scripts
reg_add is an api command (to see how it works, check log where reg_add lines used).

RegAddBoot (another api command) used on special cases:

*1)
with 0x1 registry, it is not possible to use variables (%systemroot%\....), %systemroot% wont work with 0x1, for that cases you use regaddboot
ex:
WRONG:
Hive_Load,HKU
reg_add,0x1,"Software\JavaSoft\Java Plug-in\1.6.0_14","JavaHome","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%"
Hive_Unload,HKU

RIGHT:
RegAddBoot,HKLM,0x1,"Software\JavaSoft\Java Plug-in\1.6.0_14","JavaHome","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%"

*2)
to register command and icon of file types:
WRONG:
Hive_Load,HKU
reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Folder\shell\treesize\command",,"#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\TreeSizeFree.exe#$q#$s/CONTEXT#$s#$q#$p1#$q"
Hive_Unload,HKU

RIGHT:
RegAddboot,"HKLM",0x2,"Software\Classes\Folder\shell\treesize\command",,"#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\TreeSizeFree.exe#$q#$s/CONTEXT#$s#$q#$p1#$q"

ps: *2) case is especially for VistaPE where programfiles location (D: E: F: E:..) maintaned after boot, registries need to be added later. LiveXP users can also use (for now, 20090725)
Hive_Load,HKU
reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Folder\shell\treesize\command",,"#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\TreeSizeFree.exe#$q#$s/CONTEXT#$s#$q#$p1#$q"
Hive_Unload,HKU
BUT
LiveXP script writers are polite enough to use RegAddboot for VistaPE to register filetypes wink.gif

Avoid using RegAdd_Boot when not necessary, RegAdd_Boot lines are processed AFTER PE boots, using RegAdd_Boot everywhere eventually will slow down the boot time.
WRONG:
RegAddboot,"HKLM",0x2,"Software\Classes\Folder\shell\treesize",,"TreeSize#$sFree"
RegAddboot,"HKLM",0x2,"Software\Classes\Folder\shell\treesize\command",,"#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\TreeSizeFree.exe#$q#$s/CONTEXT#$s#$q#$p1#$q"

RIGHT:
Hive_Load,HKU
reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Folder\shell\treesize",,"TreeSize#$sFree"
Hive_Unload,HKU

--------------------
I Galapo's LiveXP and King Amalux's Great LiveXP Package (tutorial and everything)
Lancelot Tips For LiveXP
I hate Medusa problems of WinBuilder, Cryptic codes, syntax rules fakingly mismatching working lines, not having even basic fundemantal syntax rules and mostly 'lies' and 'post games'.
('post games' = includes dishonest, childish posts that have goal to annoy others in community)

10 user(s) said "Thank you!" to Lancelot for this fantastic post:
amalux, billonious, Galapo, harris, Phantom, putapunk, saydin77, TheHive, TheK, Xander123
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #2
TheHive
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 84

Not bad at all.

error
Attached Image

Active Password Changer also.
Attached Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #3
billonious
Frequent Member   ***

Thank(s): 129

more or less, my scheme is :
$: shareware, need s/n
www: to be downloaded from net (not encoded in script)

-> CDVD burn
  • > amok, deepburner, cdimage, infra, ultraiso($)
-> filetasks
  • >archievers > Izarc , 7zip
  • > browsers > Q-dir, YXplorerFree, freecommander,
  • > finders > AgentRansak , Superfinder, findonclick
  • > forensics > tinyhexer , resourcehacker , winmerge, MitecFileAnalyzer
  • > misc > Hjsplit, List, treesize
  • > unlockers > Killbox, Unlocker
-> HDisk
  • > backup > DrvImageXML, Selfimage, GImageX, Ghost($)
  • > check&fix > >DirkPaehl Chkdisk
  • > defrag > ...
  • > diagnostic > HD Tune, HD Speed, WD Lifeguard, Ariolic HDScan
  • > encrypt > truecrypt
  • > erase > Eraser, UltraShredder, @KillDisk (free,www)
  • > format > Easus Partition Manager(www) , Acronis DD($), Paragon PM($)
  • > Low Level Edit > HD Hacker
  • > mbr > MBRfix , BootsectGui
  • > mount new fs > ext2fs , MountstoragePE
  • > virtual disks > virtual drives...
-> Recover
  • > archieves > DiskInternals ZIP repair
  • > CDVD > recoveryToolbox4cd
  • > EFS > DiskInternalsNTFSreader ...
  • > Files > Recuva, HandyRecovery ....
  • > Linux > Explore2fs...
  • > Partitions > GrenierTestDisk ..
-> net
  • > PE network, PE dialup
  • > browsers > cd-opera, firefox ....
  • > dl managers > utorrent, wackget
  • > firewall > zonealarm(www)
  • > ftp > filezilla
  • > misc > ip scanners, IM
  • > remote connect > teamviewer, TightVPN , remotedesktop
-> malware
  • > virus scanners > DRweb(www) , Clamwin(www), KasperksyTool(www), MicrotrendSysClean(www), McaffeeGUI(www)
  • > lite scanners > McaffeeStinger(www), AvastCleaner(www)
  • > spyware scanners> SpybotS&D(www)
-> productivity
  • > office > sumatraPDF, spread32, abiword, openofficePaf(www), calculator, notpad++,
  • > grafics > irfanview, xnview, paint
  • > multimedia > VLCplayer
  • > games (antiproductivity) ....
-> edit local registry
  • > Admin Keys > SalaPWRenew, @PWchanger($), LCP, WindowsGate
  • > App Keys > NirsoftProductKey, ElcomsfotPDFpwRecovery(free) ,
  • > backup drivers > driverExportPE
  • > services/devices > servicesPE
  • > startup entries > startupCPL(& runscanner)
  • > reg cleaners > ccleaner (& runscanner)
  • > reg editors > mitec reg recovery, reg restore wiz, runscanner ....
-> pe system
  • > mmc, pagefile, taksmanager , driverimportpe, cmd ....
  • > shell > shellwm
  • > debug> dependecy walker ....

--------------------
billonious.boot-land.net
Rastaman does not live and punk is definitely dead. Up the Irons!
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #4
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ****

Turkiye

TheHive

thank you a lot, bug fixed for both script thumbup.gif

billonious
QUOTE (billonious @ Mar 15 2009, 05:09 PM) *
$: shareware, need s/n
www: to be downloaded from net (not encoded in script)
I had a similar idea for grouping too, but rejected for some reasons......, but this thing is done with Download Level in my grouping, please check (i cant remember now, it has been a long while)

more or less, my scheme is
i will check in detail when i find time.

ps:
freecommander
resourcehacker
Killbox
DirkPaehl Chkdisk
HD Speed
WD Lifeguard
Ariolic HDScan
BootsectGui
ext2fs
virtual drives
GrenierTestDisk
utorrent
SalaPWRenew
PWchanger
LCP
ElcomsfotPDFpwRecovery(free)

will be added when i go back to my home computer

--------------------
I Galapo's LiveXP and King Amalux's Great LiveXP Package (tutorial and everything)
Lancelot Tips For LiveXP
I hate Medusa problems of WinBuilder, Cryptic codes, syntax rules fakingly mismatching working lines, not having even basic fundemantal syntax rules and mostly 'lies' and 'post games'.
('post games' = includes dishonest, childish posts that have goal to annoy others in community)
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #5
billonious
Frequent Member   ***

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Mar 15 2009, 07:59 PM) *
billonious I had a similar idea for grouping too, but rejected for some reasons...

1. No, the symbols are not for grouping. They are to point whether scripts are shareware or no-permited to distribute software. Symbols have not to do with grouping in DL center. lightbulb.gif

2. Whether you like the script order I showed or not, it is time to tidy up thumbdown.gif the mess in download center. There are empty folders f/ex 'multimedia', 'windows setup','unlockers', similar categories: 'file undelete' & 'recover' .

If you are too busy to handle with, who can do it? ok.gif

I 'ld like to learn who is the administrator of livexp server. dubbio.gif It is more than abandoned.

--------------------
billonious.boot-land.net
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #6
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 363

Australia

QUOTE (billonious @ Mar 16 2009, 10:01 AM) *
I 'ld like to learn who is the administrator of livexp server. dubbio.gif It is more than abandoned.

Lancelot and I are. "Abandoned" is a rather strange word to use when updates are more regular than on any other project server: http://livexp.boot-land.net/LiveXP/Tools/L...hangelog.script

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
Archive of LiveXP recommended project may be found here.
------
Recommended steps to build LiveXP:
1) Download suitable WinBuilder.exe from here and run it;
2) Update through the Download Center by clicking the 'Download' button; and
3) Then build LiveXP by pressing the 'Play' button.
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #7
billonious
Frequent Member   ***

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 15 2009, 11:04 PM) *
"Abandoned" is a rather strange word to use when updates are more regular than on any other project server: http://livexp.boot-land.net/LiveXP/Tools/L...hangelog.script

Regards,
Galapo.

Did you read these lines
CODE
There are empty folders f/ex 'multimedia', 'windows setup','unlockers',  similar categories: 'file undelete' & 'recover' .

in my previous post ? eek.gif

There are also dozens of scripts in a bulk.
innocent.gif

--------------------
billonious.boot-land.net
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #8
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Australia

QUOTE (billonious @ Mar 16 2009, 10:09 AM) *
Did you read these lines
CODE
There are empty folders f/ex 'multimedia', 'windows setup','unlockers',  similar categories: 'file undelete' & 'recover' .

in my previous post ? eek.gif

Sure I did. But do you know the plain meaning of what you also wrote:

"Abandoned" would mean that no one is doing any active work on the project, that it is at a stand-still. That is simply not true! Proof is in the changelog. The project is not abandoned! Just the last three days have seen four updates -- hardly "abandoned". Sure, there's some more things that could be improved. But I think that empty folders is more an issue for WB than the project. If you download "complete" project, folder which where empty before will have scripts in them.

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
------
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #9
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Australia

QUOTE (Galapo @ Mar 16 2009, 10:21 AM) *
If you download "complete" project, folder which where empty before will have scripts in them.

But I also see that the ones you mention will still be empty...

This still does NOT mean that the project is "abandoned" -- only that it is not "perfect".

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
------
+Quote Post
post Mar 15 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #10
Lancelot
Frequent Member   ****

Turkiye

QUOTE (billonious @ Mar 16 2009, 01:01 AM) *
1. No, the symbols are not for grouping. They are to point whether scripts are shareware or no-permited to distribute software. Symbols have not to do with grouping in DL center. lightbulb.gif
I already got it, I just want to share you my old idea after seeing your symbols (not grouping) method.......

2. Whether you like the script order I showed or not, it is time to tidy up thumbdown.gif the mess in download center. There are empty folders f/ex 'multimedia', 'windows setup','unlockers', similar categories: 'file undelete' & 'recover' .

I am aware of these, Consider them as "reserved" and they are used (or will be used) with apps.winbuilder.net/LiveXPExtra/Project
Apps\File Tasks\Unlockers\!Extra --> There is Unlocker_JonF.script
Apps\System\Windows Setup --> we currently have only OfflineSysPrep.script which i guess better in system as it is "THE One", but if there happens more scripts they will be added to "Apps\System\Windows Setup" (or Apps\System\Windows Setup\!Extra)
\Apps\Supplementary\MultiMedia\!Extra\ -->3 scripts there, if redistributing winamp2 (not sure) is free than i can add a mini winamp script too
\Apps\HD Tasks\File Undelete\ --> there are scripts there which comes with LiveXP!?
-Apps\HD Tasks\Recover\ --> there are scripts there which comes with LiveXP!?

ps: Galapo decided better to lower the number of apps scripts on LiveXP so Galapo can find more time on core scripts.

Also it will be nice to get help on apps.winbuilder.net/LiveXPExtra/Projects if you are interested, I am just looking your list that are missing on LiveXPExtra, first i found: freecommander....

--------------------
Lancelot Tips For LiveXP
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsScripts Execute but no softwate in iso image
3 htm775 1,926 9th October 2009 - 09:44 PM
Last post by: htm775
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsApps wont launch in LiveXP
8 Jim Cease 2,497 28th February 2009 - 12:28 PM
Last post by: Jim Cease
No New Posts Scripts in live cd project
3 sokolofskid 2,607 17th March 2008 - 12:41 AM
Last post by: Nuno Brito
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsScripts: Hxd (updated), DependecyWalker, ProcessExplorer, HDIskDefrag, H2benchW, WinAAM
0 booty#1 2,109 10th June 2007 - 03:43 PM
Last post by: booty#1
No New Posts Scripts and Projects
11 MedEvil 3,615 7th January 2007 - 04:10 PM
Last post by: TheHive