IPB

There is 3 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Page : 3 Next page 

> Winbuilder Watermark/Splash?, ... for every project created.

allanf
post Feb 16 2009, 08:13 AM
Post #1

Silver Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 8,221

Australia

Just wondering ...

Would it be at all possible, for every boot of every project ever created by Winbuilder, to have a brief splash or a persistent, yet inconspicuous watermark , 'Created by Winbuilder'.

Some things need to be acknowledged and given credit - Winbuilder is one of them.

... probably impossible given the great diversity of projects.

Regards
Go to the top of the page

Shirin Zaban
post Feb 16 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #2

Frequent Member

Group: Tutorial Writer
Member No.: 13,247

Iran

hi allanf

Yery good topic,I am agree with you

In my exprements by winBuilder,I have made some bootscreen files for each of my used
projects,and when working with each of them,in source folder (XPCD source used),i change
the assosiated bootscreen files

I think you (and all script makers) can place an option to us to use our needed bootscreen,by selecting an item.

have nice times

shirin zaban

Nuno Brito
post Feb 16 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

Well, if it's made available as a user selectable option then why not.

Though I personally think that a "Created by ..." line should mention the respective project name rather than wb since it's the imagination/research effort of the project developers that achieves the end results. wb certainly helps to automate a lot but it's only a tool in this process.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

allanf
post Feb 16 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Silver Member

Member No.: 8,221

Australia

@Shirin Zaban,

Thank you for your agreement. Your tutorials have increased my knowledge many times. So, I went searching the forums for a how-to, and discovered that the topic has been raised in ancient times:
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...p;hl=bootscreen
... though never fully resolved.

@Nuno,

I had in mind something that cannot be selected by a user - something performed by winbuilder.exe itself, not by script.

Of course, it is up to you - and personally I don't believe that it can be easily achieved, if at all, given that the OS Manufacturer's CopyRight would need to be observed...

... just had a vision of the four colours coming out of the darkness and joining together in Win7's bootscreen, then exploding to say "Proudly brought to you by Winbuilder" ... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Would two bootscreens quickly following each other be possible?

I feel it would fill a gap to have the acknowledgement there.

Anyway, I'll go finish my searching for the tutorial.

Regards

homes32
post Feb 16 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,433

United States

I think this is something better left up to the project author to include as a script if he so desires. Winbuilder should not do anything to my project that I don't tell to. would you build a house and embed a steel plate on the front saying "built using %yourFavBrand% tools"?

MedEvil
post Feb 16 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #6

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,192

You can write such info into the OEM fields.
But it's not like a watermark that can't be removed.

Besides people tend to complain about stuff like that. Had more than one complaint, that my Opera script makes the Browser sport CD-Opera instead of Opera.

jaclaz
post Feb 16 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #7

Finder

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2

Italy

Personally I wouldn't mind that somewhere it is stated (and the OEM fields appear a nice place for it (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) ) something like:
"Powered by Winbuilder"
or
"Built by <xxxxxyyyyy> .script with the Winbuilder Engine"

Couldn't we additionally use something "superimposing" the desktop (but easily removable), i.e. something like the apps here:
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=99231

jaclaz

MedEvil
post Feb 16 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #8

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,192

QUOTE (jaclaz @ Feb 16 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Personally I wouldn't mind that somewhere it is stated (and the OEM fields appear a nice place for it (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) ) something like:
"Powered by Winbuilder"
or
"Built by <xxxxxyyyyy> .script with the Winbuilder Engine"

Couldn't we additionally use something "superimposing" the desktop (but easily removable), i.e. something like the apps here:
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=99231

jaclaz

Patching a bit to have PE display the name of the project instead of the version would also be easy and harder to remove. (If we tell noone where it is done! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )
Of course simply setting 'don't show version' would make this also useless.

jaclaz
post Feb 16 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Finder

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2

Italy

QUOTE (MedEvil @ Feb 16 2009, 06:42 PM) *
Patching a bit to have PE display the name of the project instead of the version would also be easy and harder to remove. (If we tell noone where it is done! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )
Of course simply setting 'don't show version' would make this also useless.

Well, in case "you" do something like that, DO NOT tell me. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/scared9.gif)

Soon or later I will find myself the way to remove it and tell the wholde world. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/happy22.gif)

I see nothing bad into adding something unobtrusively "reminding" of the "winbuilder" and/or .script "origin" or "heritage" of the build, but such a reminder should be easily removable and in a documented manner.

"Imposing" something without explicitly telling how to optionally remove it is against the spirit of the board and of the winbuilder app: freedom, and I would fiercely oppose the idea.

jaclaz

psc
post Feb 16 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #10

Guru

Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE (jaclaz @ Feb 16 2009, 05:56 PM) *
Well, in case "you" do something like that, DO NOT tell me. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/scared9.gif)

Soon or later I will find myself the way to remove it and tell the wholde world. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/happy22.gif)

I see nothing bad into adding something unobtrusively "reminding" of the "winbuilder" and/or .script "origin" or "heritage" of the build, but such a reminder should be easily removable and in a documented manner.

"Imposing" something without explicitly telling how to optionally remove it is against the spirit of the board and of the winbuilder app: freedom, and I would fiercely oppose the idea.

jaclaz

I agree, but maybe we should use the way Billy the Door sometimes uses: The description how to remove is hard to find, or in the description unfortunatelly is a typo ... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/roll1.gif)

(I needed last two days to find a bug in my code using original M$ documentation. There was a small mistyped c++ type definition ... )

Peter (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

There is 3 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Page : 3 Next page

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Posts Topic has attachments WinBuilder 076
The new generation of stable editions
98 Nuno Brito 6,727 9th February 2009 - 09:33 PM
Last post by: psc
No New Posts Winbuilder 076, VistaPE & Acronis True Image 11
Licence key being corrupted
1 lamarkii 253 5th February 2009 - 06:13 PM
No new Posts Topic has attachments WinBuilder 075 - beta testing
beta 6 - Proxy working, the best script engine EVER!
727 Nuno Brito 47,521 31st January 2009 - 10:32 PM
No New Posts WinBuilder extreme slow download
Trying to get VistaPE - need hours for 1 file to get
4 :: tripeX :: 230 20th January 2009 - 11:46 AM
Last post by: ctmag
No New Posts Pinned: WinBuilder 075 beta
Release notes
6 psc 3,980 15th January 2009 - 03:19 PM

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + "   8 clicks", img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   6 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2009 - 03:58 PM