IPB

There is 7 page(s) Previous Page Page : 1 2 Page : 3 Page : 4 Next page Go to last page  

> Vista look in XP

TheHive
post Feb 14 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #11

Platinum Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (allanf @ Feb 14 2009, 02:41 AM) *
Me? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) asking MedEvil?

Regards

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Yes!

I dont think we can skin youre project like vista.
Go to the top of the page

allanf
post Feb 14 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #12

Silver Member

Member No.: 8,221

Australia

QUOTE (TheHive @ Feb 14 2009, 08:12 PM) *

Twice in one day. I'm not sure of the protocol. If a post is 'unaddressed', is it assumed to be addressed to the OP or the last poster? Or is there no real protocol? Thanks for clearing up the mix-up here. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Regards

Nuno Brito
post Feb 14 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #13

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

@Allanf, why not mentioning this bug to the author. Maybe he can help as the error box mentions?

Would be nice for everyone to see this available! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

jaclaz
post Feb 14 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #14

Finder

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2

Italy

QUOTE (MedEvil @ Feb 13 2009, 11:43 PM) *
I always hated it to have to look into a light bulb.
I wanted always something eye friendly like green on black or grey on black.

There is a solution, that we technicians call "monochrome green phosphor CRT":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monochrome_monitor

It is proved to avoid the "looking into a light bulb" effect. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Seriously, what I personally use (unfortunately NOT Free) is Astonshell:
http://www.astonshell.com/aston/
with settings similar to these:
(IMG:http://www.astonshell.com/aston/pic/aston%20shell%202.jpg)

jaclaz

Nuno Brito
post Feb 14 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #15

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

Seriously, what I personally use (unfortunately NOT Free) is Astonshell:

Vogon are known for their peculiar desktop visual style.. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

allanf
post Feb 14 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #16

Silver Member

Australia

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I often wondered if that Italian flag was just camouflage.

QUOTE (Nuno Brito @ Feb 14 2009, 09:34 PM) *
@Allanf, why not mentioning this bug to the author. Maybe he can help as the error box mentions?

Would be nice for everyone to see this available! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yes, the error box says to report the error. I think it's serious, and I think the answer would be, 'because there is no explorer', as is so often the case with Windows PE. I don't know enough about the program. I don't think ViSplore is an actual explorer replacement; it's just a skin ... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) ... If I find that it's more than that, I'll try a bit harder.

Regards

jaclaz
post Feb 14 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #17

Finder

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2

Italy

QUOTE (Nuno Brito @ Feb 14 2009, 01:18 PM) *
Vogon are known for their peculiar desktop visual style.. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If I were a Vogon, you would already had been strapped to a Vogon's Poetry Appreciation Chair, and had some good poetry read to you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogon_poetry#Poetry
while I was comfortably seated on the back of a gazelle-like creature (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .

You are very, very lucky that I am partly Vulcanian....

It was difficult for me to move from good ol' LCARS:
http://www.lcarsdeveloper.com/

It is impossible on earthly screens to fully display the horrors of an actual Vogon's desktop, but ... if you want to have a quick look at how a Vogon desktop may look (be WARNED, NOT for the faint of heart) try here:
hxxp://maketecheasier.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/desktop-screenshot-thumbnail.png

The actual visual style is similar to this one:
hxxp://cesar-style.deviantart.com/art/StarStyle-55794432

jaclaz

MedEvil
post Feb 14 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #18

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,192

@jaclaz
Does Astonshell take care of the appearance of all program windows? As this always was the main problem as i wrote.
Good old monochrome monitors were nice, but would not help today as they would not show green letters on black but black letters on green = green lightbulb. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

@alanf
Non of the 3 programs is a skin, they are all stand alone programs meant for XP, that's why i suspected them to work in WAIK environments too. But it would make sense that Visplore might make use of a dll or two from Explorer.

Contact the author, he can surely help better and might even be interested to whip something up especialy for yourPE project.

@Hive
You happen to still have the Windows blinds script without the files.

I actually have 3, two found on the net and my own. the two found on the net can't be part of NaughtyPE because they use a hacked version of WB and my own can't be because it uses the licenced version.

At the moment i see no way to have WB legaly in PE without the big splash screen. Also the public version of WB, does not skin all windows.

Will they be showing up in youre project.

They might show up in another project i've been thinking about. Called PrettyPE. It will be a pure eyecandy PE and have system requirements to go along with that! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Smiley works at the moment on one of the key ingredients for it.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

MedEvil
post Feb 14 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #19

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,192

PS: @Hive
Since you're our eyecandy man. If you're interested in participating in any way in the new project, drop me a PM.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

allanf
post Feb 15 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #20

Silver Member

Australia

QUOTE (MedEvil @ Feb 15 2009, 01:17 AM) *
@alanf
Non of the 3 programs is a skin, they are all stand alone programs meant for XP, that's why i suspected them to work in WAIK environments too. But it would make sense that Visplore might make use of a dll or two from Explorer.

Contact the author, he can surely help better and might even be interested to whip something up especialy for yourPE project.

Thanks MedEvil (and @Nuno, I won't doubt you again... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ...)

I'm not sure what is actually required, because I'm testing about six things at once here.

Here testing xoblite and the three modules together - starting with ViStart, then ViOrb, and lastly ViSplore.

Attached Image

... looking for an XP HotKey?

Attached Image

... opens at c: rather than %SystemDrive% x:

Amazing! There's a new thread under Lee-Soft's "Project suggestions" Forum.

Regards

There is 7 page(s) Previous Page Page : 1 2 Page : 3 Page : 4 Next page Go to last page 

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Posts Topic has attachments XP styles in PE
17 MedEvil 282 Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Last post by: MedEvil
No New Posts VistaPE Loader Help
2 Thatguy2223 133 Yesterday, 07:44 AM
Last post by: Thatguy2223
No new Posts Topic has attachments Install XP from USB AFTER Booting with PE from HDD or USB
163 wimb 36,978 19th February 2009 - 06:05 PM
Last post by: magic12kenneth
No New Posts XP Installation .iso + Install to HDD / Boot a Ubuntu 8.04 live image
6 ToXiKuS 936 19th February 2009 - 07:40 AM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts VistaPE Boot-DVD with additional software possible?
1 foxhunter 154 18th February 2009 - 07:22 PM
Last post by: steelbone

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   74 clicks", img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   34 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2009 - 09:45 AM