There is 7 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Page : 3 Next page Go to last page  

> Vista look in XP

MedEvil
post Feb 13 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Platinum Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 2,192

Do you love how Vista looks, but hate how Vista works?

The solution up to this point was to use WindewBlinds on Xp. But WB is not free, which is a big no-no for many, especialy for use in one of our PEs.

Now there's a nice freeware alternative. http://www.lee-soft.com/

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

PS: Maybe even interesting for our WAIK cowboys. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Go to the top of the page

psc
post Feb 13 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #2

Guru

Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE (MedEvil @ Feb 13 2009, 07:48 PM) *
Do you love how Vista looks, but hate how Vista works?

The solution up to this point was to use WindewBlinds on Xp. But WB is not free, which is a big no-no for many, especialy for use in one of our PEs.

Now there's a nice freeware alternative. http://www.lee-soft.com/

PS: Maybe even interesting for our WAIK cowboys. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Brrrrrr (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif)

MedEvil, are you sure what you did with publishing this site? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

Next days we get the complains 'Why does WinBuilder not can do this'.

Maybe Nuno then gives you the ability to add this nonsence into WinBuilder.exe (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/hypocrite.gif)

Due to me, I currently have enough troubles with XP-Style which is just software overlaid to the native good old classic 'WfW 3.11' style, makes many GUI pages beeing displayed 'incorrectly' (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/frusty.gif) and needs a lot of time consuming 'Repaint' and 'Refresh'.
And that all, just in order to change e.g. the shape of a button from the OS provided rectangle to a rectangle similar element with rounded corners.
I personally can recognize a button, even if it is a pure rectangle. But maybe for that ability one needs the Dinosaur experience since Windows 2.0.

Peter (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

MedEvil
post Feb 13 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #3

Platinum Member

QUOTE (psc @ Feb 13 2009, 08:19 PM) *
Next days we get the complains 'Why does WinBuilder not can do this'.

That's the beauty of it. The complaints where already there before i posted. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I have to admit to my shame, that after i did some digging because someone absolutely needed XP style in NaughtyPE. I've got hooked on WindowBlinds and bought a license.
The simple fact, that it can really skin all windows, without exception! Was what gave me the last push. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So after countless aeons, it has finally been: Goodbye windows-grey! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

psc
post Feb 13 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #4

Guru

Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE (MedEvil @ Feb 13 2009, 09:18 PM) *
That's the beauty of it. The complaints where already there before i posted. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I have to admit to my shame, that after i did some digging because someone absolutely needed XP style in NaughtyPE. I've got hooked on WindowBlinds and bought a license.
The simple fact, that it can really skin all windows, without exception! Was what gave me the last push. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So after countless aeons, it has finally been: Goodbye windows-grey! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Maybe I have to sleep now. And tomorrow the world becomes a bit more friendly and realistic!

Peter (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

MedEvil
post Feb 13 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #5

Platinum Member

Peter do you really like gey or sand colored windows?
I always hated it to have to look into a light bulb.
I wanted always something eye friendly like green on black or grey on black.
But it never mattered on which computer i tried those settings, there was always at least one program that would change the toolbar color but not the font color. Black on black very recommendable!!! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Not to forget the sleeper agent programs. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) They sit on your computer and wait patiently till your eyes got really acustomed to the all dark setup and then! They blind you with a bright white background with white writing! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Have WB now running for 2 weeks, i think. Not a single accident so far. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Finally an eyefriendly 'nightvision' setup that works.

Nuno Brito
post Feb 13 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #6

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

eheh.. MedEvil is showing a latin rib again for "useless" visual gimmick.. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Guess it won't be long until he quits his daytime job and get a house near the seaside like the rest of us! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/sporty13.gif)

Thanks for the tip MedEvil, this indeed good looking to try out under Windows PE and perhaps remove the need for explorer. (with some luck)

Glad to see someone had the all the hard work for making this available and better of all, it's free!

MedEvil
post Feb 14 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #7

Platinum Member

I'm actually already halfway in your latin lifestyle and looking into making the full translation. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

allanf
post Feb 14 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #8

Silver Member

Member No.: 8,221

Australia

QUOTE (MedEvil @ Feb 14 2009, 05:48 AM) *

YeeeHaa! ... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/horse.gif) ... Ooops! ... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) ...

Attached Image

damian666's VistaPack actually installed a lot better in WinPE 2.1, but not a great success either.

Regards

TheHive
post Feb 14 2009, 06:36 AM
Post #9

Platinum Member

Member No.: 5

Will they be showing up in youre project.

You happen to still have the Windows blinds script without the files.

allanf
post Feb 14 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #10

Silver Member

Member No.: 8,221

Australia

QUOTE (TheHive @ Feb 14 2009, 04:36 PM) *
Will they be showing up in youre project.

You happen to still have the Windows blinds script without the files.

Me? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I haven't tried a script for WindowsBlinds for a long time. The Screenshot above was for ViSplore, which I thought I'd try out since it's free. I don't even have explorer or a start-button in my projects. Maybe a project like VistaPE and the other biggies are required for the various skinning programs. ... or are you asking MedEvil?

Regards

There is 7 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Page : 3 Next page Go to last page 

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Posts Topic has attachments XP styles in PE
17 MedEvil 282 Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Last post by: MedEvil
No New Posts VistaPE Loader Help
2 Thatguy2223 133 Yesterday, 07:44 AM
Last post by: Thatguy2223
No new Posts Topic has attachments Install XP from USB AFTER Booting with PE from HDD or USB
163 wimb 36,977 19th February 2009 - 06:05 PM
Last post by: magic12kenneth
No New Posts XP Installation .iso + Install to HDD / Boot a Ubuntu 8.04 live image
6 ToXiKuS 936 19th February 2009 - 07:40 AM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts VistaPE Boot-DVD with additional software possible?
1 foxhunter 153 18th February 2009 - 07:22 PM
Last post by: steelbone

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   74 clicks", img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   34 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2009 - 09:14 AM