> [Project] pe21.003, Build a Customized Windows PE 2.1

allanf
post Yesterday, 02:16 AM
Post #1

Silver Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 8,221

Australia

A new series for pe21 and a new thread. Revamped GUI and compliant with Winbuilder 076.

(For the earlier series, and some useful info see this thread)

Attached Image

The project should be able to create a PE for 64-bit Computers, but I have no way of testing this. Apparently, I have a 32-bit Computer. However, I have taken the back off a few times, and I reckon that there would be at least a hundred bits. I assume they don't count the little screws. Does anyone know?

Here's an alpha which includes Winbuilder 076:

http://pe2.winbuilder.net/pe21.003/pe21.003a/pe21.003a.zip

Extract it to a path without spaces. The 'Source' path is the '...\Windows AIK\' folder. WAIK 1.1 (Vista SP1) must be installed. You must be online to download your selected Programs, which are then stored in a '...\Projects\pe2ArchiveDir\' folder so that there is no need for a download the next time one of the Programs is selected.

A vb script is used to create shortcuts at build-time for executables in known locations - like notepad, regedit, wpeutil, etc. Your Anti-virus will probable want to block it, in which case Winbuilder may stop. I'll try to fix it for the next version so that the shortcuts are created at boot-time instead. It was a compomise between build time and boot time.

Here's a log of a build starting from scratch with everything included. A little over 13 minutes to the final .iso - '...\Winbuilder\ISO\pe21.iso'. EDIT: That time does not include download time, because all the Programs are already in my 'pe2ArchiveDir'.

http://pe2.winbuilder.net/pe21.003/pe21.003a/pe21.003a.html

Attached Image

Credits=The Hive for the sheep, Nightman for VistaPE, Damian666 for the Wallpaper, Filip Hasa for x64, jaclaz and script-writers everywhere, all the Open Source and Free Program Developers, Microsoft and Nuno Brito.

Regards
Go to the top of the page

Filip Hasa
post Yesterday, 09:08 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,670

Czech Republic

hi allanf,

grate work. I will test it for x64.

allanf
post Yesterday, 09:47 AM
Post #3

Silver Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 8,221

Australia

QUOTE (Filip Hasa @ Feb 11 2009, 07:08 PM) *
I will test it for x64.

Excellent. I hope it's not too buggy.

Do you think some x86 programs do also work on x64? I wonder because I saw this:

notepad++ official site
Explorer context menu entry (right click)

One of the most demanded features is open from Explorer Context Menu Entry (right click)....

For the x64 OS (xp and vista) users, you can use nppCM 64 bits thanks to Harry B.. Download nppCM 64 bits source if you want to build your binary.

... but no mention at all that notepad++ was also for x64. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/confused1.gif)

You know that I know absolutely nothing about 64-bit.

ATM, "The Full Suite x86 or x64" will install the full list of programs - those we have done for x64/x86 plus the others for x86 only. If you think it's better to have only the x86/x64 programs when building x64 PE, it will not be difficult to change the script.

Regards (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Filip Hasa
post Yesterday, 12:54 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,670

Czech Republic

QUOTE (allanf @ Feb 11 2009, 10:47 AM) *
Do you think some x86 programs do also work on x64?

No, it is possiable. Some guy wanted it do run 32bit programs on 64bit live windows XP but without sussces.

you can recognize program which can run in pure 64bit system by this tool: tool
some pictures of this tool: pics

you can use this editor EmEditor

next time i will sand you links/script with 64bit software

I think it better to have same list for x86 and amd64. Then you don't need stars;o)

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Project Upx
5 Z900 530 19th December 2008 - 06:57 PM
Last post by: benxhi
No New Posts ProjectInfo.Script suggestion
3 Galapo 286 26th November 2008 - 07:55 PM
Last post by: Galapo
No New Posts project variables
defining for cross-project portability of scripts
12 Galapo 742 5th November 2008 - 09:02 PM
Last post by: Galapo
No New Posts Topic has attachments Project with Command Line Shell
How to use this option?
6 shajunxing 1,516 7th January 2008 - 08:31 PM
Last post by: risolutore
No New Posts Projects can use a Bug Tracker
5 Nuno Brito 1,153 25th October 2007 - 06:36 PM
Last post by: Nuno Brito

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + "   4 clicks", img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   2 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th February 2009 - 04:16 AM