IPB

> Winbuilder 076, VistaPE & Acronis True Image 11, Licence key being corrupted

lamarkii
post Feb 5 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,989

United Kingdom

I have just built Vistape with Winbuilder 076, and added Mustang's VistaPE script for TI11. It builds successfully. However when I try to use TI11 from the CD or ISO it fails saying that it can't find a valid licence key and should be re-installed. I've done this and it still fails.

It turns out that my licence key starts with a space character in the registry, and this is being dropped somewhere during the build process. If I use regedit on the built system to put it back, TI works!

Can anyone explain how this character is being removed, because I'm sure I'm putting it into the script.

TIA
Go to the top of the page

psc
post Feb 5 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Guru

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE (lamarkii @ Feb 5 2009, 03:15 PM) *
I have just built Vistape with Winbuilder 076, and added Mustang's VistaPE script for TI11. It builds successfully. However when I try to use TI11 from the CD or ISO it fails saying that it can't find a valid licence key and should be re-installed. I've done this and it still fails.

It turns out that my licence key starts with a space character in the registry, and this is being dropped somewhere during the build process. If I use regedit on the built system to put it back, TI works!

Can anyone explain how this character is being removed, because I'm sure I'm putting it into the script.

TIA

Can you please post the script, the corresponding log, and the registry *.reg result?

If it is personal and not encrypted, either try:
  • Reproduce the result with fake license values
  • PM me.

Peter
Go to the top of the page

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts VistaPE->WinBuilder 076 Errors and Warnings
7 charlestek 157 Yesterday, 08:43 PM
Last post by: dera
No new Posts Topic has attachments WinBuilder 076
The new generation of stable editions
94 Nuno Brito 5,410 Yesterday, 07:54 PM
Last post by: JonF
No new Posts Pinned: Topic has attachments VistaPE and boot from USB
51 NightMan 25,405 Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Last post by: JonF
No new Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE and Wireless - Update - 3/5
Work in progress with screenshots
51 TheFro 9,953 Yesterday, 06:39 PM
Last post by: marpszon
No New Posts VistaPe Soft philosophy
Discovering VistaPE is it the tools im looking for
1 AurA 48 Yesterday, 04:17 PM
Last post by: EdTittel

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   10 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th February 2009 - 03:53 AM