> Script: Vista Driver Packs

DaveXP
post Dec 17 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #11

Frequent Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,191

United States

I guess I used a winbuilder function (strformat replace) that is only supported in one of the newer builds.

Please get the latest version from here (just copy winbuilder.exe):

http://exec-se.de/WinBuilder/Downloads/Nat...arebone_075.zip

Currently I use winbuilder 075beta5H. Works well so far.

Dave
Go to the top of the page

DaveXP
post Dec 17 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #12

Frequent Member

United States

Michael,

looks like the server was down. But fortunately the links work again.

Dave

QUOTE (MichaelZ @ Dec 17 2008, 08:09 AM) *
Hi DaveXP,

I could download you script through rapidshare but webget can't load the driver files presently. I tried to manually load them using your above mentioned web site but that's also not possible :-(

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

DaveXP
post Jan 26 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #13

Frequent Member

United States

I have updated the script (that is the links), because the driverpacks moved from ryanvm.net to forum.driverpacks.net. Script is attached in the first post.

Dave

DaveXP
post Jan 29 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #14

Frequent Member

United States

I corrected a tiny bug and uploaded a new version (see first post).

Dave

thelegendarypig6...
post Jan 29 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 15,922

Hello DaveXP,

I tryed also your new script. Not sure how it work: I deselected ALL the Drivers in standard NightMan build, then I configured your script.

He download the choosed files (mass storage, net, chipset and vga) and it install them.

At boot I do have a tiny icon on the trytbar called killhwd.exe. This seems not working.

VPEloder still show the prompt for hardware detection. If I do not skip it, it will load his drivers and broke the system even if I deselected Drivers from his script. It especially crash USB pendrive support and more. Even, as I said, if I still do have your tiny icon on the traybar

If I do abord it, MassStorage load find, then I do not have network even if I downloaded and installed your drivers.

How can this work? how can I gtet network with your drivers even aborting VPEloader detection? Where do VPEloader find the drivers if I deselected the NightMan driver scripts? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Any idea?

Still: whats the point for WLAN and Audio devices when the sub system is still not ready for them?

Again, how can I add drivers myself for my Mass Storage drives?

Thankx!

DaveXP
post Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Post #16

Frequent Member

United States

Hi thelegendarypig666,

KillHWD is just a tiny script that waits for a window with VPE loader in the title and "press END" somewhere in that window. It then waits 2 seconds and presses the key "END" automatically. Not sure why it doesn't work for you?

You are right, "There are some Windows drivers that use some sort of layered / virtual / subsystem / whatever architecture. These drivers require resources that are present in a full-fledged Vista OS, but not in the stripped-down Windows PE 2.0, so that they work in Vista, but not in WinPE 2.0".

My script just provides a convenient and generic way to integrate drivers into VistaPE with peimg.exe. Whether all drivers in the driverpacks would actually in VistaPE is probably a different question. If you have any questions regarding this, please post a question in the driverpacks forum.

To add drivers that are not part of the driverpacks, just place them into a folder of your choice and enter that folder in the "custom folder" field of the script. That should work.

Dave

QUOTE (thelegendarypig666 @ Jan 29 2009, 03:58 PM) *
Hello DaveXP,

I tryed also your new script. Not sure how it work: I deselected ALL the Drivers in standard NightMan build, then I configured your script.

He download the choosed files (mass storage, net, chipset and vga) and it install them.

At boot I do have a tiny icon on the trytbar called killhwd.exe. This seems not working.

VPEloder still show the prompt for hardware detection. If I do not skip it, it will load his drivers and broke the system even if I deselected Drivers from his script. It especially crash USB pendrive support and more. Even, as I said, if I still do have your tiny icon on the traybar

If I do abord it, MassStorage load find, then I do not have network even if I downloaded and installed your drivers.

How can this work? how can I gtet network with your drivers even aborting VPEloader detection? Where do VPEloader find the drivers if I deselected the NightMan driver scripts? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Any idea?

Still: whats the point for WLAN and Audio devices when the sub system is still not ready for them?

Again, how can I add drivers myself for my Mass Storage drives?

Thankx!

thelegendarypig6...
post Yesterday, 11:58 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 15,922

QUOTE (DaveXP @ Jan 30 2009, 02:02 AM) *
Hi thelegendarypig666,

KillHWD is just a tiny script that waits for a window with VPE loader in the title and "press END" somewhere in that window. It then waits 2 seconds and presses the key "END" automatically. Not sure why it doesn't work for you?

You are right, "There are some Windows drivers that use some sort of layered / virtual / subsystem / whatever architecture. These drivers require resources that are present in a full-fledged Vista OS, but not in the stripped-down Windows PE 2.0, so that they work in Vista, but not in WinPE 2.0".

My script just provides a convenient and generic way to integrate drivers into VistaPE with peimg.exe. Whether all drivers in the driverpacks would actually in VistaPE is probably a different question. If you have any questions regarding this, please post a question in the driverpacks forum.

To add drivers that are not part of the driverpacks, just place them into a folder of your choice and enter that folder in the "custom folder" field of the script. That should work.

Dave

Hello DaveXP and thankx for your reply.

However, I can confirm the KillHWD do nothing in my build: VPEloader still load also after those 2 seconds u said before. It is not a problem for me pressing a key during boot.

The big problem with your script integrating driverpacks file is: how can I use net driverpack drivers downloaded from your script to add network support?

Vpeloader broke usb and masstorage then it correctly load LAN drivers, your script load masstorage, USB work ok then it broke LAN.

Any idea how to have LAN working with your script too?

DaveXP
post Yesterday, 12:45 PM
Post #18

Frequent Member

United States

Unfortunately not, because I didn't "create/use" all these drivers.

Dave

QUOTE (thelegendarypig666 @ Jan 30 2009, 03:58 AM) *
Hello DaveXP and thankx for your reply.

However, I can confirm the KillHWD do nothing in my build: VPEloader still load also after those 2 seconds u said before. It is not a problem for me pressing a key during boot.

The big problem with your script integrating driverpacks file is: how can I use net driverpack drivers downloaded from your script to add network support?

Vpeloader broke usb and masstorage then it correctly load LAN drivers, your script load masstorage, USB work ok then it broke LAN.

Any idea how to have LAN working with your script too?

There is 2 page(s) Previous Page Page : 1 2

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE 12 and Virtual PC Additions, Works 100% (minus sound)
15 madhopsman 427 Today, 08:27 AM
Last post by: TheHive
No New Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE - WIMCaptureImage ErrorCode 2
Finalizando VistaPE (MapNetwork Drive.exe)
0 Paulo Figueiredo 18 Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Last post by: Paulo Figueiredo
No new Posts Topic has attachments script layout
visual for VPE
28 twindude 1,490 Yesterday, 02:18 AM
Last post by: twindude
No new Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE and Wireless - Update - 3/5
Work in progress with screenshots
49 TheFro 9,585 Yesterday, 12:10 AM
Last post by: marpszon
No New Posts VistaPE and PointSec
Encounter problem and need advise
2 PJW 112 29th January 2009 - 04:35 AM
Last post by: PJW

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   4 clicks", img_item + " killhwd   4 clicks", img_item + " the archive was created...n of zlbarchive   2 clicks", img_item + " driverpack sytes   2 clicks", img_item + " vista driverpacks   2 clicks", img_item + " peimg driver pack   2 clicks", img_item + " http://www.dogpile.com/do...=7?_IceUrl=true   2 clicks", img_item + " vista pilotes boot   2 clicks", img_item + " davexp peimg   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape version zlbarchive   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape version zlbarchive   2 clicks", img_item + " vista driverpack script   2 clicks", img_item + " waik integrate driver   1 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder findstr   1 clicks", img_item + " findstr freedos   1 clicks", img_item + " vistape +the archive wa...n of zlbarchive   1 clicks", img_item + " http://search.icq.com/sea...86&ch_id=tb   1 clicks", img_item + " http://www.dogpile.com/do...=7?_IceUrl=true   1 clicks", img_item + " a drivers boot   1 clicks", img_item + " pt vista   1 clicks", img_item + " erpacks vistape   1 clicks", img_item + " archive was created wit...n of zlbarchive   1 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st January 2009 - 08:36 PM