IPB

> When I Close The Shell, A Window Pops Up, How do I stop the Error! window from popping up?

Inshakoor
post Dec 4 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,921

United States

I modified Winbuilder to load a command prompt as the shell ( I am doing some testing with our custom imaging environment). When I close the command prompt which I have set to be the shell, a window pops up saying: Error! Correct Shell (my shell name here) closed. Do you want to restart it? If I hit “No”, the "VistaPE Loader & Tools" pops up. I don’t want either of these windows to popup after I close the shell (command prompt in my case). I just want my scripts to continue running without interruption. Is there any way to strip out the “Shell Check” or whatever is checking for the Shell (or in this case, the command prompt I set to be the shell) so I can close it without issue?

OR, is there any way to make a VBScript file run as the shell? I tried setting cscript/wscript as the shell or variations of those calling vbscripts or just pointing to a vbscript by itself, all to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

jaclaz
post Dec 4 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #2

Finder

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2

Italy

You modified Winbuilder? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Or a Winbuilder .script?

Which "base" project are you running?

Under which OS?

I guess that without some details from you not even the question is clear, let alone the (hopefully found) answer.

Please, spend a few minutes reading the Common Sense Advice within Rules:
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?act=boardrules
with particular regard to point #d. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .

jaclaz

Inshakoor
post Dec 5 2008, 12:29 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,921

United States

Sorry about that..long day (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) ..to clarify:

I am running Windows XP SP3 and running Winbuilder 075 beta 5 building a VistaPE disc. I edit the "Source" in the Main Configuration script and add my own Shell to the "Main Shell". The shell I am currently testing with is just the command prompt. I want VistaPE to boot and just have a command prompt running and that is all. Okay, that works fine. My problem is when I close the command prompt (the Shell) a window pops up saying: "Error! Correct Shell (my shell name here) closed. Do you want to restart it?" If I hit no the "VistaPE Loader & Tools" pops up. I'd like to know how to stop that "Shell Check" from happening so when I close the command prompt (the Shell) nothing happens. Here is why:

In our environment I built a BartPE disc that launches a vbscript that subsequently launches a batch file, because the vbscript allows the batch files to be run hidden (not minimized) so that Joe User can't jack up the imaging process. My goal is to do the same with Winbuilder using VistaPE, but I didn't have any luck making a vbscript a shell and so I want to launch a quick batch file that will spawn the vbscript, and then close itself. The vbscript then launches the hidden batch files which continue on and image the machine. The "Error!" that pops up is what I'd like to get rid of. I hope that makes sense and I appreciate any comments.

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts the answer to life, the universe, and everything
Google knows everything!
9 Nuno Brito 173 24th February 2009 - 10:15 PM
Last post by: sanbarrow
No New Posts Topic has attachments Windows Live Messenger 2009 Build-14.0.8050.1202
Why this script isn't working ?
6 Max_Real Qnx 145 22nd February 2009 - 11:40 AM
Last post by: ludovici
No new Posts Topic has attachments windows 7 PE
25 gxp 4,888 12th February 2009 - 09:36 PM
Last post by: yahoouk
No New Posts Shell switching
4 Mark Ten 111 11th February 2009 - 08:51 PM
Last post by: Mark Ten
No New Posts Windows 7 to skip straight to release candidate stage
Windows 7 to skip straight to release candidate stage
12 Brotosaurus 580 10th February 2009 - 11:23 AM
Last post by: jkolak

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " close dos prompt vbscript   1 clicks", img_item + " batch script continue r...nd close window   1 clicks", img_item + " vbs shell spawn command batch   1 clicks", img_item + " close file with shell command   1 clicks", img_item + " shell close window   1 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder default shell   1 clicks", img_item + " vbs to close shell window   1 clicks", img_item + " shell close continue   1 clicks", img_item + " vbscript spawn command shell   1 clicks", img_item + " uilder using xp sp3   1 clicks", img_item + " how do you add vbscript...t in winbuilder   1 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2009 - 04:08 PM