Lancelot
post Sep 15 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #1

Bug Catcher

Group: Advanced user
Thank(s): 56
Member No.: 15,072

Turkey

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I noticed things getting better, thanks a lot nuno

also thanks a lot for quick search too
also thanks for eliminate right of screen for wider views

only one suggestion, we have edit-quote-reply in the end of every message, can we have it in the begining of messages too (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) , i use edit a lot (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

edit:
i dont get newsletters mail notification like medevil too, but unlike medevil i dont want to get mail (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) , it seems to me better to get notification by http://www.boot-land.net page (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arvy
post Sep 15 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Developer
Thank(s): 5
Member No.: 12,578

Canada

Since Nuno has asked me to work on some possible changes to the set-up (see this thread) I'll take the liberty of replying to your suggestion.

Possible modifications to the forums "skin" templates are virtually unlimited. So there is certainly no technical obstacle to accomplishing what you want. The only difficulties arise in satisfying the wide variety of wishes and opinions that various users may express about exactly what features, options, etc. should be located where in relation to others. My intention would be to invite feedback comments on a wide range of possible layout options when we get to that stage. For now, however, I'm just getting started with a "virgin" out-of-the-box installation and my first priorities will be those features requested by Nuno himself.

I guess the bottom line is: Be patient and we'll get around to these and other layout details as soon as we possibly can. In the meantime, you and others can watch my fumbling first steps on the experimental work platform at http://virtech.org/bootland/

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 16 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #3

Bug Catcher

Turkey

Hi Arvy

my first priorities will be those features requested by Nuno himself

yep i agree

for now i only write request to be accomplished if approved in future (not expected near future)
just notice some new things to add your feedback list:
-
avatars of yours (Arvy) and Nuno are not seen when not logged in
-
sometimes mailnotification stops, i got 22 mails today most of which i already answer, some of which i missed (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

keep good work (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 21 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #4

Bug Catcher

Turkey

email notification hanged again i guess

i noticed,
i didnt get any email notification from here after post 322 (now there is post 332)
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=5429&st=300

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Sep 21 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Thank(s): 131
Member No.: 1

Portugal

Related to this topic - http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=5761#entry45096

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 24 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #6

Bug Catcher

Turkey

Nuno
as you wrote there

Temporary issue from the hosting provider.

It isn't related to lack of resources like before, don't know the reason but if it occurs again I'll email to see if they they diagnostic what is wrong.

accesing ftp sometimes not possible i confirm, i made a rapidupload once till ftp is accesable, but my mail notification is more urgent for me,

This is my mail settings
(IMG:http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1986/asdfasdfzp2.png)

BUT since about Sep 21 2008, i got emails altogether at about ~01:00 (gmt +2) which some are missing and posted the other day because of gmt issue.
(i got 19 emails about 40 min ago)
and the newest post is http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=45427 , post37 of amalux

to contineu checking the subjects i post, i made a list of subjects and open them from this link, which is a very boring method as you should agree

i got immadiate response before Sep 21 2008

am i the only one who have this issue?????

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Sep 24 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Thank(s): 106
Member No.: 11

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Sep 25 2008, 08:55 AM) *
am i the only one who have this issue?????

No, I have it too. I got no notifications all yesterday, and only just now received about 20 all in one hit. At the same time, ftp access started working again (thankfully, so that I could upload the FixShellWinlogon.Script fix).

Regards,
Galapo.

+Quote Post
Arvy
post Sep 25 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Canada

IP Boards can be configured to use either PHPMail() or SMTP for outgoing email transmission. If this board is configured to use the latter (probably, but I don't know) and if it works properly sometimes, then the problem almost certainly resides with the SMTP server rather than with anything internal to the board itself. And in that case, the only "fix" available here is screaming at the hosting service's SMTP server admins, keeping in mind that they get badly abused by spam bots too.

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 25 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Bug Catcher

Turkey

Arvy

email notification works as expected starting with you message here.

Thanks for anything you have done (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/worship.gif)

+Quote Post
Arvy
post Sep 25 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Canada

Glad it's working for you again, but any credit goes to the system mechanics, not me. Reliability may have been improved, but it still seems quite slow at my end of the pipeline. Worldwide email spam has become such an unbelievable burden on the entire network that its a wonder it works at all. Unfortunately, my own country has not been in the forefront of any source control efforts. The counter-arguments have been mainly about corporate "free speech", or some such excuse for abuse. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Site feedback · Next Newest »

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2008 - 10:04 AM

W3C XHTML • © 2008 Boot Land • All rights reserved • W3C CSS