Cannot access Internet Options in IE 7
pengyimin
post Sep 7 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 17,936

China

I enabled Internet Explorer 7 in Winbuilder to build a WinPE 2.0 image. After booting up with the image, I cannot access the menu item "Internet Options" under the "Tools" menu in IE 7. When I click on "Internet Options", I got error "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. " I tried to copy a good inetcpl.cpl from another vista machine but unable to open it in WinPE.

How can I enable "Internet Options" in IE 7? In addition, how can I enable the same item in the Control Panel?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ctmag
post Sep 7 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Thank(s): 14
Member No.: 15,320

Germany

this is a bug and will be fixed in a later vpe version...its a bit complicated to explain, so it is best you use firefox in the meantime or opera or whatever...wait for vpe12final...

+Quote Post
pengyimin
post Sep 8 2008, 07:18 AM
Post #3

China

Thanks!! Do you know how to enable ActiveX (Downloading and Running ActiveX) in IE 7 in WinPE? Since I cannot open Internet Options to change the ActiveX related settings, I tried to modify the registry entries followed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569 but still not work.

+Quote Post
ctmag
post Sep 8 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Germany

hmm, activex should work...can you give an example where it does not work (something i can test in my version)

+Quote Post
pengyimin
post Sep 8 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #5

China

For example, I went to http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/customer...antsupport.aspx and clicked on "Launch an online diagnostic session". I had to manually downloading ActiveX but was not able to run the ActiveX control, and got one of the following error messages:

Your current security settings prevent running ActiveX Controls on this page. Therefore, the page may not display correctly.

Your security settings do not allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer. This page may not display correctly. Click here for options.

I guess I need to change the Security settings in "Internet Options" to get the ActiveX control running. Not sure if you can visit the site and run the ActiveX control OK.

THanks!!

+Quote Post
ctmag
post Sep 8 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Germany

well i can not test it, because i have no hp hardware i could chat about.-)) try finding something else that i can test....

+Quote Post
pengyimin
post Sep 9 2008, 02:31 AM
Post #7

China

Try this web site: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/apac/

or http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

I got the same messages when trying to run ActiveX controls. Thanks!

+Quote Post
ctmag
post Sep 9 2008, 05:22 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Germany

OK, in my (fixed) version i get a message that it could not be started, but i also get the yellow bar at the top telling me that the website trd to install an activex. i click the bar and say install and after a few seconds i can run the online scanner...you are sure this does not work for you? if so, please wait a few days fir the updates to be released...thanks....

+Quote Post
pengyimin
post Sep 9 2008, 07:42 AM
Post #9

China

Yes, I also got the yellow bar at the top saying you will have to install an Activex. After installing the ActiveX, I got the following message on the top:

Your security settings do not allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer. This page may not display correctly. Click here for options.

I asked my several friends to test it and got the same results.

Regarding your fixed version, is it possible to download it now? I really want to get it ASAP. Thanks in advance!!

+Quote Post
ctmag
post Sep 9 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Germany

sorry, please give me some days to test...it took quite a while to fix this and other bugs...it needs testing first...

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · VistaPE · Next Newest »

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th October 2008 - 04:17 AM

W3C XHTML • © 2008 Boot Land • All rights reserved • W3C CSS