post Sep 5 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 10,820

Afghanistan

hello to all,
very nice forum.

I've some experience with BartPE. See that is possible run it from hardisk, with all its limits.

Now i'm here to learn something different.

Read about PicoXP, and understand that it's a 'DOS' console but in NT environment. Usefull for recovery, and other task.

Anyone can help me suggest me if exist a minixp tecnique to delete all unnecesary files from my XP?

From my machine i need :

- all driver loaded
- working audio and vga
- very small XP installation

All that, to build a small desktop capable to run only Skype and internet explorer.

Anyone can help me?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ispy
post Sep 5 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Tutorial Writer
Thank(s): 56
Member No.: 10,068

Hi myspacee (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ,

Firstly, can I & others on the team, cordially Welcome you to Boot-land.

As people very often tell me (it's Hard I know) "Learn to walk before you can run"
Read about PicoXP, and understand that it's a 'DOS' console but in NT environment. Useful for recovery, and other task.

PicoXP although small is old hat, the author Psc AKA Peter will probably advise you to look at "PuzzleXP" instead of PicoXP. PicoXP was a proof of concept to make XP as small as possible but as far as I know is not supported to the same level or degree as "PuzzleXP"

You can download "PuzzleXP" from the WinBuilder server & it can be seen in the downloads tree/branch area but be warned it is command line only no Gui no USB support.

To start with I would recommend LiveXP which in a very loose sense is comparable to "Bart stuff" & select the recommended download option & selected the minimal of options inclusive where possible your preferences. You can load your finished project into a VM there is provision for that so you don't have to burn lots of CD's. Go into the Tutorials section, there is lots of tuts and advise there e.g. http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=4264
It should get you started then branch out from there!
There are generic driver packs available but will add weight to your Project, nlite can produce a slipstreamed source with all drivers etc Incorporated to build your project.
Here's a link to nlite portable without having to install or have Dotnet framework installed either!
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=5486
If you have any general questions or problems why not use the "Learn & Teach" section armed with your log.html file if problems occur, the WinBuilder tutorial will explain in easy steps!

Just my two cents worth & general advice! ENJOY!

Regards & Best Wishes,

ispy (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

"Life is like a box of Chocolates you never know what you may find inside"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Hello world! · Next Newest »

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2008 - 08:55 AM

W3C XHTML • © 2008 Boot Land • All rights reserved • W3C CSS