QwikSylvur
post Sep 4 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 17,924

United States

Greetings All,
I am new to this forum and to VISTAPE as well. I tried to look back to see if there were any similar posts, but could find none (my apologies in advance if I am repeating a post). I seem to be having trouble getting a vista (both pre and post SP1) DVD based boot disk to boot. The boot process simply hangs on the "Attempting to boot from CD". If I use WAIK it boots properly. I attempted to select every possible image inside the boot.wim, to no avail. I am using an NTFS partition, and am keeping the associated directory names simple (C:\vistape, C:\VistaUltimate, etc). WinBuilder seems to run fine,with no errors, and I do get the packing Boot.wim message... I have been wrestling with this for a few days now. I get the feeling this is something simple (stupid) that I am missing. The log from the run is attached.

Thanks in advance for any help!

QwikSylvur
Attached File(s)
Attached File  WinBuilder__075___beta_3____Project_log_dated_from_9_4_2008.txt ( 987.6K ) Number of downloads: 21

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Sep 4 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Thank(s): 127
Member No.: 1

Portugal

Try adding less drivers and addons. The simpler the better until you get a good working boot disk.

Are you using wb 075 beta 3? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

We are currently on beta 4 that is released inside vistape.net site as well. This might be a bug on wb's log function but I thought it would be wise to mention this detail just in case.

----

Last but not least. Disable the multiboot options and keep the boot disk with minimal scripts until you find exactly where these worries begin.

Good luck QwikSylvur and welcome to our boot land community.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
QwikSylvur
post Sep 5 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #3

United States

QUOTE (Nuno Brito @ Sep 4 2008, 05:49 PM) *
Try adding less drivers and addons. The simpler the better until you get a good working boot disk.

Are you using wb 075 beta 3? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

We are currently on beta 4 that is released inside vistape.net site as well. This might be a bug on wb's log function but I thought it would be wise to mention this detail just in case.

----

Last but not least. Disable the multiboot options and keep the boot disk with minimal scripts until you find exactly where these worries begin.

Good luck QwikSylvur and welcome to our boot land community.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I just looked at vistape.net download area, and all I found was 075 beta 3 download... (I am probably blind, and it's right in front of my face... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )

+Quote Post
QwikSylvur
post Sep 5 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #4

United States

QUOTE (QwikSylvur @ Sep 4 2008, 07:40 PM) *
I just looked at vistape.net download area, and all I found was 075 beta 3 download... (I am probably blind, and it's right in front of my face... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )

Nevermind, I did some looking and found it. It was an id10t error.. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · VistaPE · Next Newest »

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th October 2008 - 04:02 AM

W3C XHTML • © 2008 Boot Land • All rights reserved • W3C CSS