Lancelot
post Aug 30 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #1

Bug Catcher

Group: Advanced user
Thank(s): 48
Member No.: 15,072

Turkey

LiveXP and Portable apps together, why not (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/8053/timpackv70cg5.png)

With some various reasons bothering my mind and written around in bootland, i try to make a solution.
one reason: There are portable utilities (like photoshop, gimp, openoffice) that we dont really need in PE, but it is nice to have them as a portable app on usb. And if we have them on usb, why dont we have them accesible easly from livexp too (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
another reason: why do i have to open from PE to use snapshot or other nice software inside pe (when boot sdi/wimpack used, in fact for this a solution can be made by mounting i guess, maybe it will be in further steps later)

Name: Timpack, i gave name Timpack because i want script run before wimpack (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

How to make trial:
put TimPack.script to .\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\1 Optimizations\ folder

enable dependency walker script
enable GImageX
enable Snapshot
enable TD10
disable wimpack
disable create iso
enable bootsdi

make the build

try with emulator you like (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks for any advice/help you make.

Download TimPack

ps: autojunction works only when your program files folder in PE is \Program Files\ , if it is not \Program Files\ , you can start junction manually (.cmd is ready for that) or you can edit au3 file (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .
A fix made with winbuilder 075 beta 4s nightly build, look Peter's post #17, after winbuilder have an official release (rather than nightly build) timpack is ready to add autosearch feature to use folders rather than \Program Files\, till official release timpack will remain officially as it is.

ps: Also i make TimPack work with PStart_pegtop_de (a Portable StartMenu) if exists (you dont have to use PStart_pegtop_de) , you can get script from here PStart_pegtop_de
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Aug 31 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Thank(s): 86
Member No.: 11

Australia

Nice ideas!

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Aug 31 2008, 09:28 AM) *
and i add a search routine, so it can be triable in all, qemu is not essential anymore.
only now, there is $ModelRAM folder in root of .img file, if you have an idea please post

The most likely reason for this is some script (Timpack?) is attempting to generate a shortcut after the ModelRam.exe has ben generated from %PreISOScript%. Have all necessary shortcuts generated prior to ModelRam.exe being built.

Regards,
Galapo.

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Galapo For This Useful Post:
Lancelot
Lancelot
post Aug 31 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #3

Bug Catcher

Turkey

Galapo,

yep you are right (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif) , fix made (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post
psc
post Sep 1 2008, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Guru

Thank(s): 83
Member No.: 3

Germany

Maybe you can use a lot of hints by the ExternialMediaShortcut script.

Peter

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 1 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #5

Bug Catcher

Turkey

@all:
verrry updated and verrry optimized, only one script file now, it seems enough for my usage, i hope you like it too.
warn me if anymore things needed (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

TimPack v5 is ready and easly to use with bootsdi (without wimpack) (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smart.gif)

for wimpack; when we have an option to wim of folders inside "Program Files" folder seperately (one by one) TimPack will have no problem with WimPack too.
Luckly we have folders to pack box for now,
so if somebody wants to use timpack with wimpack
in wimpack
*disable "Pack Program Files"
*in Folders to pack box, write folders inside Program Files (ex: Program Files\a43;Program Files\CD-Opera;Program Files\Common Files;Program Files\DriveImageXML;Program Files\ExpEnvVar;Program Files\IZArc;

please test and say your opinions. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Galapo:
any plans to add feature to wimpack recently?

Peter:
Same mission, but totally different approach.
I need Start Menu within WindowsOS (not PE) for portable apps and PStart works fine.
As shortcuts already created in LiveXP (during build process), i dont need "External Media Shorcut"
But "External Media Shorcut" page gave me the idea that i need to have timpackportablehere.exe at hand (on desktop or on startmenu) in case of pluging in 2nd media after opening PE (cd/usbhd/usbflash ..), thanks. (also gave me other ideas)
Also i now use PStart as optional selection, Someone may want to use any other portable startmenu.
Try script, you will understand.
Also with timpack, one can maybe make created shorcuts also created in PStart.xml (beyond my capabilities)
Also with timpack idea, scripts maybe assigned to be portable (portable=0, portable=1, portable=2) which leads to creating shorcut in PStart.xml and copy/move decision automatically.(beyond my capabilities, far far away to another galaxy)

Probably my english wont be enough to express what is in my mind to you, just try timpack, you like, you dislike, no problem. For me it is the best portable maker for livexp now.

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Sep 1 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Sep 2 2008, 08:09 AM) *
Galapo:
any plans to add feature to wimpack recently?

Yes, later today I'll upload a move in this direction. I still have to iron a few things out.

Regards,
Galapo.

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Sep 2 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Australia

New version of WimPack script has been uploaded which allows for deselecting 'Program Files' pack option so as to pack folders separately. Latest version of go2pdf.Script provides an example of a script providing a folder to pack:

CODE
[Variables]
WimPackInclude=Run,%ScriptFile%,WimPackSupport,Include

[process]
StrFormat,FILENAME,%target_win%,%win_folder_name%
WimPackInclude,//Go2PDF Virtual PDF Printer includion folder list,Go2PDFIncludeList.txt
WimPackInclude,%win_folder_name%\system32\spool,Go2PDFIncludeList.txt

[WimPackSupport]
If,NotExistDir,"%ProjectTemp%\#1",DirMake,"%ProjectTemp%\#1"
If,NotExistFile,%ProjectTemp%\#1\#3,FileCreateBlank,%ProjectTemp%\#1\#3
TXTAddLine,%ProjectTemp%\#1\#3,#2,"Append"

If doing it manually of via some script, output .txt file to '%ProjectTemp%\Include' with include list and WimPack script will go from there:

'%ProjectTemp%\Include\TimPack.txt'
CODE
//TimPack include folder list
Program Files\a43
Program Files\CD-Opera
Program Files\Common Files

Regards,
Galapo.

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 3 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #8

Bug Catcher

Turkey

Galapo,

i follow your lead , so now timpack v6 is ready to use with wimpack (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Thanks a lot Galapo,
i still (and will) need your lead,

look the end of timpack v6 script, you will see the addings.
([timpackwimpacksupporta],[WimPackSupport],[timpackwimpacksupportb],[timpackinfo
_timpack1cmd])

essential question:
i cant make wimpack disable 'Program Files' pack automatically by timpack, sorry if i missed sth. Now, Timpack works nice by Disabling "pack 'Program Files'" manually in wimpack, , so from now on i can say timpack is compatible with wimpack (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

cosmetic question:
how can i make refresh of desktop after junction, pressing f5 solves but making it automatic after junction would be better for shortcuts created on desktop which are in junction folders, not very important, just cosmetic, any idea?

a question in mind for a while:
we have
%Target_prog%=%TargetDir%\Program Files
%target_win%=%TargetDir%\I386
but we dont have sth like
%programpe%=Program Files
so when writing script, i use Program Files a lot, but if somebody change %Target_prog% ????
maybe Program Files folder is solid for livexp, i dont now, it is a question in my mind for a while.

i hope you like timpack v6 (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .

http://lancelot.winbuilder.net/5F/TimPack_v6.0.rar

+Quote Post
Galapo
post Sep 3 2008, 10:27 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Australia

QUOTE (Lancelot @ Sep 3 2008, 08:12 PM) *
i cant make wimpack disable 'Program Files' pack automatically by timpack, sorry if i missed sth. Now, Timpack works nice by Disabling "pack 'Program Files'" manually in wimpack, , so from now on i can say timpack is compatible with wimpack

I'll have to think about a way to get around that automatically, but one no-so-good way would be to txtreplace or iniwrite to change the line 'pCheckBox3="Pack 'Program Files' folder",1,3,171,36,144,18,True'.

how can i make refresh of desktop after junction, pressing f5 solves but making it automatic after junction would be better for shortcuts created on desktop which are in junction folders, not very important, just cosmetic, any idea?

No sure offhand, but you could try: 'rundll32.exe user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters'.

a question in mind for a while:
we have
%Target_prog%=%TargetDir%\Program Files
%target_win%=%TargetDir%\I386
but we dont have sth like
%programpe%=Program Files
so when writing script, i use Program Files a lot, but if somebody change %Target_prog% ????
maybe Program Files folder is solid for livexp, i dont now, it is a question in my mind for a while.

buildmodel script writes %Target_prog% every build based upon your source language. So never hardcode "Program Files" else non-English build will fail. Similarly, buildmodel also writes the variable %PE_Programs% on every build run.

i hope you like timpack v6 (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .

I think you're doing good work and will have to test your script!

Regards,
Galapo.

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 3 2008, 10:52 AM
Post #10

Bug Catcher

Turkey

Galapo,

-
i dont like the idea of changin pCheckBox3 too, maybe if it was ProgramFilesWim_CheckBox it would be more logic, for now i already put notice on gui of timpack, further will/wont be made by your lead.
-
rundll32.exe user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters
didnt work in livexp, but thanks, so now i have sth to search in google which is relevant of what i am searching for. And it is only cosmetic, nothing essential.
-
himm, Program Files is the same with turkish source too, but for more general with other language source usage what should i do? maybe first echo %Target_prog% than deleting %TargetDir%\ in the echo...., or maybe buildmodel script can make a variable like %programpe%, i am sure you already understand the need, further will/wont be made by your lead.

Thankkkks a looot for everything/anything.

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Development · Next Newest »

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2008 - 08:53 AM

W3C XHTML • © 2008 Boot Land • All rights reserved • W3C CSS