Hello dear guest!

Why not join our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

184 Pages V  « < 48 49 50 51 52 > »   
Reply to this topic
 LiveXP -- Anything & Everything, Look only Post #1 and Last Posts of this topic
Rating 3 V
post Oct 15 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #491
dera
Silver Member   ****
Group: .script developer

Thank(s): 149

Hungary

Retaining back to my FBWF problem,
as have written in my Post #393 and Post #398 here in my builds using FBWF cannot copy such amount of data in MB what expected
(and think I am not the only one e.g. Post #292 of aclar or here or here),
so tried the fbwf.cfg method with the '/minint' trick thanks to fxscrpt
and found this seems to solve the issue if the CacheType 'dynamic' or 'pre-allocated' used, but my ~70-80MB limit (when the WinPECacheThreshold 128MB) comes back when the 'dynamic compressed' CacheType used.
Also seems when not used the fbwf.cfg but using FBWF via the CreateISO.script - maybe I am wrong - the only cache type is allowed is the 'dynamic compressed' regardless of the setting in the registry - at least in my case 'fbwfmgr /displayconfig' always report 'overlay cache data compression state: enabled' - (as can read some post about it e.g. Post #222 of samplempg or Post #294 of aclar)
so at the moment seems to me somehow there is no meaning to set
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB_setup\ControlSet001\Services\fbwf","CacheType",0x1
Also tried to set the 'PagedPoolSize' but seems in my case this rule is not enough, for 128MB FBWF threshold size at me have to set the 'PagedPoolSize' to 0x10000000 - but this still doesn't help so much
and seems to me setting the 'PagedPoolSize' at boot time (as a RunOnceEx entry) somehow has no effect, have to define it at the build time
so think it is better to not set this value, exactly better to leave it 0x0
+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #492
psc
Guru   ******

Thank(s): 441

Germany

QUOTE (dera @ Oct 15 2008, 09:50 PM) *
Retaining back to my FBWF problem,
as have written in my Post #393 and Post #398 here in my builds using FBWF cannot copy such amount of data in MB what expected
(and think I am not the only one e.g. Post #292 of aclar or here or here),
and found this seems to solve the issue if the CacheType 'dynamic' or 'pre-allocated' used, but my ~70-80MB limit (when the WinPECacheThreshold 128MB) comes back when the 'dynamic compressed' CacheType used.
Also seems when not used the fbwf.cfg but using FBWF via the CreateISO.script - maybe I am wrong - the only cache type is allowed is the 'dynamic compressed' regardless of the setting in the registry (as can read some post about it e.g. Post #222 of samplempg or Post #294 of aclar)
so at the moment seems to me somehow there is no meaning to set
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x4,"WB_setup\ControlSet001\Services\fbwf","CacheType",0x1
Also tried to set the 'PagedPoolSize' but seems in my case this rule is not enough, for 128MB FBWF threshold size at me have to set the 'PagedPoolSize' to 0x10000000 - but this still doesn't help so much
and seems to me setting the 'PagedPoolSize' at boot time (as a RunOnceEx entry) somehow has no effect, have to define it at the build time
so think it is better to not set this value, exactly better to leave it 0x0

I never worked with FBWF in detail and therefore I do not understand and do not try to understand what you are telling us.

But is it possible that you post a FBWF.Script or modified CreateISO.script which works for every expert-dummy, which also makes necessary fbwf.cfg entries etc.?

That would be great!

Peter

--------------------
Build the house starting with the basement rather than with the roof! But always have in mind how the roof should be made!

There are very rarely problems, in most cases there are issues.

There are never stupid questions, there can be only stupid answers.

+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #493
dera
Silver Member   ****

Hungary

QUOTE (psc @ Oct 15 2008, 08:00 PM) *
But is it possible that you post a FBWF.Script or modified CreateISO.script which works for every expert-dummy, which also makes necessary fbwf.cfg entries etc.?

I have no script
but fxscrpt attached a script here at Post #416
+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 08:32 PM
Post #494
MedEvil
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 100

QUOTE (dera @ Oct 15 2008, 09:50 PM) *

Do i understand you right dera, the problem with the limit is directly related to 'dynamic compressed' CacheType. With all other cache types the limit is gone.
And above is true no matter which way you use fbwf?

If i did understand right, it shouldn't be so hard to write a patch to apply to fbwf.sys to set it by default to something else, since there is only one version in one language of this driver used.

cheers.gif

--------------------
NaughtyPE - The Multimedia PE!
Requirements: WB072 or 077RC2, XPSP2/W2k3SP1 source, Pentium CPU, 128MB RAM (256MB to use video players)
+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #495
Galapo
Platinum Member   ******

Thank(s): 256

Australia

QUOTE (dera @ Oct 16 2008, 06:50 AM) *
Also seems when not used the fbwf.cfg but using FBWF via the CreateISO.script - maybe I am wrong - the only cache type is allowed is the 'dynamic compressed' regardless of the setting in the registry - at least in my case 'fbwfmgr /displayconfig' always report 'overlay cache data compression state: enabled'

Yes, that is correct, details in the massive FBWF thread on 911cd forums. In PE, FBWF always sets itself to dynamic compressed, no matter what setting in registry. Can fbwf be patched to always set itself to dynamic under PE...?

Regards,
Galapo.

--------------------
galapo.boot-land.net
------
Recommended steps to build LiveXP:
1) Download suitable WinBuilder.exe from here and run it;
2) Update through the Download Center by clicking the 'Download' button; and
3) Then build LiveXP by pressing the 'Play' button.
+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #496
dera
Silver Member   ****

Hungary

QUOTE (MedEvil @ Oct 15 2008, 09:32 PM) *
Do i understand you right dera, the problem with the limit is directly related to 'dynamic compressed' CacheType. With all other cache types the limit is gone.

So I am not an expert and not fully sure, but seems yes.
QUOTE (MedEvil @ Oct 15 2008, 09:32 PM) *
And above is true no matter which way you use fbwf?

And the problem seems: when there is no fbwf.cfg
FBWF always sets itself to dynamic compressed, as Galapo said
+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #497
MedEvil
Platinum Member   ******

Well i can confirm that fbwf knows two modes:
/minint present
/minint not present

Never looked any further, since my goal was to get the /minint part to work in a normal XP, not the other way around.

cheers.gif

--------------------
Requirements: WB072 or 077RC2, XPSP2/W2k3SP1 source, Pentium CPU, 128MB RAM (256MB to use video players)
+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #498
fxscrpt
Frequent Member   ***

Thank(s): 62

Germany

hi dera cheers.gif ,

use attached script instead of createiso version.

if 'intergrate in txtsetup.sif' is checked , fwbf is auto-started via textsetup.sif
if 'intergrate in txtsetup.sif' is not checked , fwbf is auto-started via RunOnceEx

the minint trick is not implemented yet. if you want to test with minint , change script:
//RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\000".......
uncheck 'intergrate in txtsetup.sif' and start manually.

needed files are not included, you have to copy to proper folders inside the script,
but new fbwflib.dll 2.0.1500.0 is attached if you want to use XPE 2.0.1500.0 MIX option.
maybe your 80MB Limit is solved with new fbwflib.dll.

BTW:
changing Memory Management/PagedPoolSize via batch (after system up an running)
is useless, because it's too late....

Peter
+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #499
MedEvil
Platinum Member   ******

Sorry forgot for some reason to include the main point in the above post. laugh.gif
Without /minint present fbwf needs fbwf.cfg for settings
With /minint present fbwf reads settings from the registry.
If there is no way to switch to another cache type, why would M$ provide a registry key for that option?
Or has just some smarty pants made up that key?

cheers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Oct 15 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #500
MedEvil
Platinum Member   ******

QUOTE (fxscrpt @ Oct 15 2008, 11:40 PM) *
needed files are not included, you have to copy to proper folders inside the script,
but new fbwflib.dll 2.0.1500.0 is attached if you want to use XPE 2.0.1500.0 MIX option.
maybe your 80MB Limit is solved with new fbwflib.dll.

I don't understand. fbwf.sys is the driver, it does all the work. fbwflib.dll is just a library for programs that want to gain access to fbwf.sys. Not to mention that both files (sys,lib) need to be the same version to work.
So why include only fbwflib.dll or why include fbwflib.dll at all? confused1.gif
Also why should the lib fix any problem with the driver? confused1.gif

cheers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

184 Pages V  « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts LiveXP shutdown process
4 Arjun 382 9th November 2009 - 01:43 AM
Last post by: TheHive
No new Topic has attachmentsLiveXP Troubleshooting
Various questions and answers
92 JohnBug 8,401 29th October 2009 - 02:25 PM
Last post by: amalux
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLiveXP WB078 Slow Load
64.4Mb ISO Slowly loading....*VIDEO*
11 dsolomon 945 20th October 2009 - 06:56 PM
Last post by: psc
No New Posts LiveXP Adding Driver?
6 Furgy 696 13th October 2009 - 11:30 AM
Last post by: Lancelot
No new Topic has attachmentsLiveXP not detecting Raid Controller
39 pantner 2,342 7th October 2009 - 04:22 AM
Last post by: Galapo

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum