IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Digg this topic Add to my del.icio.us Submit to SlashDot 5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VistaPE and Wireless - Update - 3/5, Work in progress with screenshots
Rating 3 V
TheFro
post Feb 24 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,361

United States

- Current Update -

3/5 WLanSVC is up and running.... In VM.... Another test when i get home on the Lappy, and i will let you all know.

3/2 Even with NativeWifi started, the connections is still empty... Looks like i have to get WLan Svc running before i can go further.....

2/29 The NativeWiFi Filter driver starts up. This hopefully will be what we need to finish this up. The service worked in VM (no wireless card to test...) So, when i get home, i can test on the Lappy and post the results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thanks a bunch for all the work you guys do here. If its not currently being worked on, i will add what i have been doing on my own.

Wireless

This is where i am at so far....

Network connections are visible, and when you right click on your wireless network connection "Connect/Dissconnect" is able to be clicked.

The wizard pops up, but there are no networks listed.... I have this narrowed down to the 2 major parts that it needs.

NativeWiFi Filter - Driver
WLan Auto Config - Service ( Depends on NativeWiFi Filter )

So, the nativewifi gives me an error about an attached device is not functioning...
When i remove the dependancy of nativewifi filter, it just gives me an error of 0x800c0006

While in normal vista, when Wlan is not dependant on nativewifi, it still starts, but no wireless... so there is prob a file or reg key that can be modded to allow this to work....

Wireless Connections Screenshot
Attached Image

NativeWifi Error Screenshot
Attached Image

WLanSvc Error
Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Feb 24 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 1

Portugal

Hello TheFro, your work on this area is very welcome! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I recommend getting in touch with Holger as he made an excepcional work when adding network support for XP PE projects and might have some ideas on what can be done to solve the matter you post.

Don't have many ideas on why it isn't working right except for the likely missing dll/activex registrations that are common to find on a installed vista but missing on WinPE 2 / VistaPE.

Have you tried dependency walker on a regular vista OS to see what is being called by the wireless feature? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Good luck with your goal.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
TheFro
post Feb 24 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #3

United States

Yah, i played with it for a while getting dll's registered and the classes setup. I had worked out all the previous errors, and thats the last error i had recieved before i was out of places to go. Figured i would just let you guys know that there is some hope, and maybe if someone else played with this who might have light to shed.

I also tried out some 3rd party apps for wifi management, and it seems in vista, they all depend on the NativeWiFi Filter.....

+Quote Post
hectorma
post Feb 26 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,389

Spain

QUOTE (TheFro @ Feb 24 2008, 11:51 PM) *
Yah, i played with it for a while getting dll's registered and the classes setup. I had worked out all the previous errors, and thats the last error i had recieved before i was out of places to go. Figured i would just let you guys know that there is some hope, and maybe if someone else played with this who might have light to shed.

I also tried out some 3rd party apps for wifi management, and it seems in vista, they all depend on the NativeWiFi Filter.....

Can you share this for test and correct errors?

+Quote Post
Ann
post Feb 28 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #5

Group: Lady
Member No.: 13,493

Hi TheFro,
How did you add the WLAN autoconfig service. I have added the dlls and registry settings for Wlansvc, NativeWifi. Still I can not load nwifi.sys and can not see wlansvc in services.
Thanks,
Ann

+Quote Post
TheFro
post Mar 1 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #6

United States

You can not even see the service listed?

When adding services to the reg hive, be sure to use ControlSet001, not the common error of placing in CurrentControlSet.

The Wlansvc requires the following services, Eaphost, Ndisuio, RpcSs, nativewifip

Those need to be in place as well.

+Quote Post
Ann
post Mar 3 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #7

Group: Lady
Member No.: 13,493

Thanks TheFro.
I was adding to CurrentControlSet. I was updating registry after the ISO booted. Did you update registry in the build process of VisatPE or later on updated via regedit.

Also did you just copy Native Wifi Driver to the image, as it does not have inf file, but manifest. In fact I found that Wlansrv also has manifest, so I copied them all. Or in your case just updating registry brings up the service. Can you list your steps.

+Quote Post
TheFro
post Mar 3 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #8

United States

I actually load/mount the Hives myself and add in the needed keys there, build my WIM and boot with it. I replyed on your other post about registry stuff, check it out.

+Quote Post
paxamime
post Jun 7 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,022

Has there been any update on this project?

"netsh wlan connect ssid=linksys" from command prompt works in Windows but has anyone found a way to enable it to work with PE?

+Quote Post
darkman738
post Jun 29 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,724

United States

I'd like to help out here, but I'm not sure where to begin. If TheFro could let me in on how you've done what you have so far I may be able to help, or at least test as I have quite a few uses for this.

Thanks,
Frank

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · VistaPE · Next Newest »

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

Members Who Viewed Topic Today ()

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2008 - 11:34 PM