> VistaPE and Wireless - Update - 3/5, Work in progress with screenshots

Nuno Brito
post Sep 17 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #41

Platinum Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 1

Portugal

Great news!!! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

ludovici
post Sep 17 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #42

Frequent Member

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 11,607

France

Hello Fantom (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Good news (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Can you post your protocol test (your netsh command, how are you build your vistape cd or wim...)
And if possible, can you post pictures of this, thanks (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Fantom
post Sep 18 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #43

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,064

Russia

Hello, Ludovici, and all.
Okay, I'll try to tell how I do it. My English is bad and I'm sorry if something is not clear. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

First step:
Add all needed files into the system directories for starting four services (nativewifip, eaphost, ndisuio, wlansvc) and for utility netsh. For netsh working we need copy next files into the system32 folder:
dhcpcmonitor.dll
FWPUCLNT.DLL
ifmon.dll
netiohlp.dll
rasman.dll
rasmontr.dll
wlancfg.dll
wshelper.dll

Second step:
Add all regestry keys needed also for this services and keys, that add wlan support into netsh utility. In order to netsh utility have wlan parameter.
It is enought add the next key into registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\NetSh]
"dhcpclient"="dhcpcmonitor.dll"
"wshelper"="wshelper.dll"
"4"="rasmontr.dll"
"2"="ifmon.dll"
"netiohlp"="netiohlp.dll"
"wlan"="wlancfg.dll"

Third step:
Starting services.
net start eaphost
net start ndisuio
net start nativewifip
net start wlansvc

Fourth step:
Installing WiFi Drivers.
It is can applay various methods. I installed drivers after VistaPE booting with standart method. Drivers also can be integrated into offline mounted VistaPE image with utility Pkgmgr.exe or Peimg.exe. I'd experiments with Broadcom PCI Wireless adapter.

Five step:
Now you can add WiFi profile into system and connect to network.
For export WiFi profile into system you need execute this command (Example):
netsh wlan add profile filename="C:\prof1.xml"
where C:\prof1.xml - path to an existing file of profile.
For connect to network (in my case to access point) I just execute next command:
netsh wlan connect ssid='myssid' name='myprof'

Official documentations for using netsh wlan:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755301.aspx

And finally I write the script, based on Ludovici script. I'd excluded all manifests files, some services and incude all files and keys needed for starting WlanSvc and netsh.
Attached File  wifi.script ( 44.69K ) Number of downloads: 166

Thank you for attention! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

ludovici
post Sep 26 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #44

Frequent Member

France

Hello, Fantom, and all.
Your English is very good(Better than mine (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wheelchair.gif) and you are clear in Explanation (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . laugh.gif
Your work is fabulous (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/1st.gif)
If anybody have a Suggestion to this Scripts, you are welcome (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
I test it and prepare screen shots...

ctmag
post Sep 27 2008, 05:22 AM
Post #45

Silver Member

Member No.: 15,320

Germany

Here is my version which starts the services at bootup and is compatible with vistape12b3
Attached File(s)
Attached File  wifi.zip ( 5.15K ) Number of downloads: 188

Fantom
post Sep 28 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 18,064

Russia

Ludovici, thanks for your flatter opinion about my English (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . I hope it becomes better soon.
Ctmag, thanks for you participation and additions.
People, post, please, you results of this script usage. Does it working on you hardware, or not? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

ctmag
post Oct 12 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #47

Silver Member

Germany

anyone updated the script?

I am trying to make it work with server2008 as a source, but in server 2008 several files that are in system32 on a Vista Source are in system32\WinSXS\somefolder\ on a server 2008 source...can anyone explain how the WinSXS folders are used and why this is?

ludovici
post Nov 7 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #48

Frequent Member

France

QUOTE (ctmag @ Oct 12 2008, 07:39 AM) *
anyone updated the script?

I am trying to make it work with server2008 as a source, but in server 2008 several files that are in system32 on a Vista Source are in system32\WinSXS\somefolder\ on a server 2008 source...can anyone explain how the WinSXS folders are used and why this is?

Hello everybody (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
I have update the script, i will post this night.
I have the same error with server 2008... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/dubbio.gif)
i want just to know what version of VistaPE and VistaDVD with language use the fro in first post ?
Because i have not this screen in my control panel Control panel Network, i think i have miss files to add? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/confused1.gif)
Fantom, have you screen pictures to add in this post, please ?

ctmag
post Dec 27 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #49

Silver Member

Germany

anything new on this?

marpszon
post Yesterday, 12:10 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 22,370

Poland

QUOTE (ctmag @ Dec 27 2008, 06:07 PM) *
anything new on this?

YES (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hello everyone.
I'm new here but I've heard about the project some time ago. I think you are doing a great job here.

As far as WiFi is concerned I chose the easy way. I tried the command 'netsh', but it didn't work for me, so I just simply installed this programe:

http://www.nicomsoft.com/wifiman/download.htm

(WLAN nic driver must be installed first - automatically or manually).
I just install it right after the system boots from CD. I am not ready to make a script of it yet. Maybe there is someone eager to do this for me (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .

I browsed the forum and I did not see anybody to mention the programme. It's a 30-day trial version, but it works for VistaPE (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . I hope somebody will find this info helpfull.

regs,
marpszon

There is 5 page(s) Go to first page Previous Page Page : 3 Page : 4 5

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE 12 and Virtual PC Additions, Works 100% (minus sound)
15 madhopsman 426 Today, 08:27 AM
Last post by: TheHive
No New Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE - WIMCaptureImage ErrorCode 2
Finalizando VistaPE (MapNetwork Drive.exe)
0 Paulo Figueiredo 18 Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Last post by: Paulo Figueiredo
No New Posts VistaPE and PointSec
Encounter problem and need advise
2 PJW 112 29th January 2009 - 04:35 AM
Last post by: PJW
No new Posts Topic has attachments VistaPE 12 RC1 out
please test and report here, thanks
131 ctmag 7,829 24th January 2009 - 08:30 PM
Last post by: JonF
No New Posts VistaPE using Windows 7 as source
6 kukubau 974 22nd January 2009 - 05:07 PM
Last post by: Holger

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " http://www.citrocom.de/page.php?25   8 clicks", img_item + " vistape wlan   7 clicks", img_item + " http://www.citro-computer....de/page.php?25   6 clicks", img_item + " wireless vistape   5 clicks", img_item + " vistape wireless   5 clicks", img_item + " net start wlansvc   4 clicks", img_item + " wifi vistape   4 clicks", img_item + " http://vistape.genewebsit...e.com/index.php   3 clicks", img_item + " http://boot-land.net/foru...s/wb_server.php   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape source server 2008   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape using server 2008   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape wifi support   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape server 2008   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape server 2008 source   2 clicks", img_item + " script wifi vistape   2 clicks", img_item + " ape wlan   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape wlan   2 clicks", img_item + " netsh wlan download   2 clicks", img_item + " dhcpcmonitor.dll   2 clicks", img_item + " vistape   2 clicks", img_item + " startup window pops up wlansvc   1 clicks", img_item + " wlansvc   1 clicks", img_item + " vistape ultimate?   1 clicks", img_item + " wlan autoconfig not work dll   1 clicks", img_item + " vistape mit wlan   1 clicks", img_item + " pci\ven_14e4&cc;_028000   1 clicks", img_item + " nativewifip service   1 clicks", img_item + " wine netsh.exe   1 clicks", img_item + " http://will.gengheraenga....a.com/index.php   1 clicks", img_item + " 0x800c0006 wireless   1 clicks", img_item + " pci\ven_14e4&dev;_4318&s...subsys;_120f1043   1 clicks", img_item + " id hardware pci\ven_14e...120f1043&rev;_02   1 clicks", img_item + " wifi config vistape   1 clicks", img_item + " vistape wlan script   1 clicks", img_item + " ape wireless   1 clicks", img_item + " svc registry key   1 clicks", img_item + " my network places in vistape   1 clicks", img_item + " pci\ven_14e4&dev;_4318 x64   1 clicks", img_item + " pci\ven_14e4&dev;_4318&s...3;&267a616a&0&48   1 clicks", img_item + " wlan autoconfig error 0x800c0006   1 clicks", img_item + " wlansvc isn't working   1 clicks", img_item + " wlan 0x800c0006   1 clicks", img_item + " wlan autoconfig 0x800c0006   1 clicks", img_item + " wlan autoconfig 0x800c0006   1 clicks", img_item + " driver para pci\ven_14e...20f1043&rev;_02   1 clicks", img_item + " the wireless autoconfig service (wlansvc) will not run   1 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder wireless adapter   1 clicks", img_item + " vistape wireless network   1 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st January 2009 - 08:29 PM