powaking
post Yesterday, 03:08 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 372

United States

QUOTE(powaking @ Oct 11 2007, 02:31 PM) *
I tried building with 09 of your Driver plugin and I did get an IP in VirtualBox but I had to issue the startnet command to get an IP. I'm going to burn to CD and see if it grabs an IP natively rather than virtual.

Ok the build with 09 driver plugin worked on my IBM Netvista but not on my HP NC6000 laptop. My previous build worked with this same laptop so something is up in regards to networking between 09 to 010. Not sure what.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
psc
post Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Post #32

Guru

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE(NightMan @ Oct 11 2007, 03:36 PM) *
psc

hm...

1. Install WAIK to default folder (you MUST use it, if you have x64 computer, and imagex.exe is better tool for WIM files anyway)
2. Copy Vista DVD to HDD (it's more faste)
3. use Vista DVd as source
4. Download minimum scripts (better for testing) and press "Play" button (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Following this procedure I again got a 'black screen'
BTW:
Before building, in PreConfig I changed 'C:\Program Files\Windows AIK' to 'C:\Programme\Windows AIK'
The default preset should be:
'%ProgramFilesDir%\Windows AIK'
That makes it language independend (for fools like me who do not check all scripts before first trial)
I do not know whether with the default shell 'LiteStep' something has to be customized.
Because I am the best friend of BG (to H*** with him), I used 'Explorer' in my second trial, and that worked.

Suggestion:
Check your project to be 'One-Click' ready (like nativeEx_barebone, LiveXP and NativePE are)
Give the (newby, fool, dummy, idiot, ...) user a chance to get a running build just after defining the source and then 'Play'.
BTW: Maybe you use qEmu (if it can handle Vista) to run the PE in the 'One-Click'
Peter

+Quote Post
booty#1
post Today, 06:52 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,830

Germany

QUOTE(psc @ Oct 11 2007, 08:44 PM) *
Following this procedure I again got a 'black screen'

What is the path to your target directory where VistaPE is built?

QUOTE(psc @ Oct 11 2007, 08:44 PM) *
Suggestion:
Check your project to be 'One-Click' ready (like nativeEx_barebone, LiveXP and NativePE are)
Give the (newby, fool, dummy, idiot, ...) user a chance to get a running build just after defining the source and then 'Play'.
BTW: Maybe you use qEmu (if it can handle Vista) to run the PE in the 'One-Click'
Peter

What "additional clicks" were necessary on your system? I usually enter the source path and press Play...

booty#1

+Quote Post
post Today, 11:54 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,829

Italy

My first image related 010 version shows that in the tree: is it normal?
Thank you! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
post Today, 12:06 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,829

Italy

I apologize if I previously wrong the place, maybe this post stays better here.
The issue is LiteStep related: I should need that the program folder is not deleted, but the previous feature in the new version is missing...
(IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2007/post-9829-1192131116_thumb.png)

Please, how can I restore it? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/frusty.gif)

+Quote Post
psc
post Today, 12:21 PM
Post #36

Guru

Germany

QUOTE(booty#1 @ Oct 12 2007, 08:52 AM) *
What is the path to your target directory where VistaPE is built?

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Peter\Desktop\WB Archiv\Beta8\Target\VistaPE-beta
QUOTE(booty#1 @ Oct 12 2007, 08:52 AM) *
What "additional clicks" were necessary on your system? I usually enter the source path and press Play...

In PreConfig I changed 'C:\Program Files\Windows AIK' to 'C:\Programme\Windows AIK'

Peter

+Quote Post
booty#1
post Today, 12:25 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,830

Germany

QUOTE(psc @ Oct 12 2007, 02:21 PM) *
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Peter\Desktop\WB Archiv\Beta8\Projects\VistaPE-Beta

And that is the problem. The WIM file that is created at the end of the build process includes all NTFS permissions. On your desktop only administrators and your account have read/write permissions. When VistaPE boots up it fails to read some system files.

I already posted this bug including fix some time ago:
Bug "VistaPE boots into black screen" and how to fix it, VistaPE v008 bug caused by "wrong" NTFS permissions

Addendum: May be we should add an automatic NTFS permission adjustment via "SetAcl.exe".
The correct command line for setting "Everybody" "Full control" would be:

CODE
setacl.exe -ot "file" -on "<absolute path to directory>" -actn ace -actn setprot -op "dacl:p_nc" -ace "n:S-1-1-0;p:full;s:y"

booty#1

+Quote Post
JonF
post Today, 12:58 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2,319

Afghanistan

QUOTE(NightMan @ Oct 11 2007, 09:36 AM) *
I noticed that my icons text are a bit smaller too.

did it very different with my screenshots?

For me, much smaller. Half the height or less. I do not have a screenshot to post right now.

I'm sad that the "Delete Work Folder" option has disappeared from the LiteStep script, since the desktop icons font size appears to be set to the vicinithy of four points, so in order to read the captions I'll have to extract the 7z, unpack it, fix it, pack it, and re-insert it.

http://www.vistape.net/vistape-api.html
Unpack - extract program files from script, example: "Unpack,Folder,AngelWriter.7z,True" - first option (Folder) - directory in script with archives; second parameter (AngelWriter.7z) - archive name; third option (in this case " True ") is used only in self extracting archives (files with exe extension), and used as a parameter start, otherwise ignored. If a directory with the script contain folder with the same name as the output folder (%ProgramFolder%), and it is a file named Programme (% ProgramEXE%), is not extracting archive of the script, and copying files from this folder, it is done for facilitate configuration and maintenance program without making immediate changes in the script.
Also possible advanced usage of this function with directive to target folder and program executable (need for check extracting process), example:
"unpack,Files,%ProgramArchive%,,%target_win%,System32".
Brief description of the parameters:
"Unpack,[Folder],[Archive zip rar 7z and some exe],[True],[%Target_Prog%],[%ProgramFolder%],[%programExe%]"
For extracting archive we use "7z.exe", latest version support 7z, zip, rar and other archive formats.

I do not understand. It appears to me that this describes a process that is far more complicated than the process I described.

Network
What network adapter do you have? All drivers install correctly?

Virtual PC 2007. Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 (built in to my Asus motherboard). It works with lots of other VMs and has worked with Beta 9. I am unable to check if the drivers all install correctly in beta 10. PENetcfg says network support has not been installed, and when I click yes the installing dialog box stays ther forever.

I have been trying to make a reference build of beta 9 to make sure that still works but I have been unsuccessful so far; it appears that I have to manually delete the target and temp directories made by beta 10 before beta 9 will work. (If I do not do this I get "Cannot find bcdedit" and get no WIM or ISO). Now I get an ISO but cannot load LiteStep shell. Still working on it ...

+Quote Post
psc
post Today, 01:16 PM
Post #39

Guru

Germany

QUOTE(booty#1 @ Oct 12 2007, 02:25 PM) *
And that is the problem. The WIM file that is created at the end of the build process includes all NTFS permissions. On your desktop only administrators and your account have read/write permissions. When VistaPE boots up it fails to read some system files.

I already posted this bug including fix some time ago:
Bug "VistaPE boots into black screen" and how to fix it, VistaPE v008 bug caused by "wrong" NTFS permissions

Addendum: May be we should add an automatic NTFS permission adjustment via "SetAcl.exe".
The correct command line for setting "Everybody" "Full control" would be:

CODE
setacl.exe -ot "file" -on "<absolute path to directory>" -actn ace -actn setprot -op "dacl:p_nc" -ace "n:S-1-1-0;p:full;s:y"

booty#1

Thanks, Booty (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)
After making the changes, I came into a running VirtualBox VistaPE LiteStep.

Peter

+Quote Post
powaking
post Today, 01:28 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 372

United States

QUOTE(JonF @ Oct 12 2007, 12:58 PM) *
did it very different with my screenshots?
For me, much smaller. Half the height or less. I do not have a screenshot to post right now.
http://www.vistape.net/vistape-api.html

Hmm I wouldn't say half the hight but appears a bit smaller but not a big deal for me as I only have a few icons on the desktop. I can live with it.

I do not understand. It appears to me that this describes a process that is far more complicated than the process I described.
Virtual PC 2007. Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 (built in to my Asus motherboard). It works with lots of other VMs and has worked with Beta 9. I am unable to check if the drivers all install correctly in beta 10. PENetcfg says network support has not been installed, and when I click yes the installing dialog box stays ther forever.

I have been trying to make a reference build of beta 9 to make sure that still works but I have been unsuccessful so far; it appears that I have to manually delete the target and temp directories made by beta 10 before beta 9 will work. (If I do not do this I get "Cannot find bcdedit" and get no WIM or ISO). Now I get an ISO but cannot load LiteStep shell. Still working on it ...

This is pretty much my issue as well. What I haven't done is manually removing the target folder since going from 09 to 010. I'll try that and re-try 010 of his driver pack.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Pinned: New features on WinBuilder.exe
Post your ideas and suggestions for the next version
36 Nuno Brito 3,233 Today, 12:32 AM
Last post by: sokolofskid
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsNew nativeEx WEB site
27 psc 1,880 10th October 2007 - 04:48 PM
Last post by: psc
No new votes Poll: New slogan for WinBuilder
Replacing the "Build bootable Environments"
24 Nuno Brito 1,396 9th October 2007 - 08:58 PM
Last post by: phox
No new votes Poll: New name for WinXPE/WindowsXPE project
7 h7se 640 9th October 2007 - 05:46 PM
Last post by: MedEvil
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsVistape Sharing Service ;)
Beta ;)
3 steelbone 223 5th October 2007 - 02:07 PM
Last post by: allanf

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2007 - 02:51 PM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it