post Oct 9 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,328

United States

QUOTE(jaclaz @ Oct 9 2007, 08:13 AM) *
Where?
It would be nice if you could provide some links.

No. I administrate a private community of less than 10 people and a restricted section only available to 4 domain admins with elevated priviledges. I've done public documentation before to non-members that scroll across a few links and I'm not letting Vista turn into a bigger mess like before! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Need I remind you: You've experienced something similar to this on this very forum not too long ago.

On a completely unrelated note it would appear I'm being constantly attacked(READ: Bruteforced) by major corporations just so I'm left incapable of publishing my content to associates that use my projects. There are persistent bots crawling all over my server looking for obscure data like sysoc.inf and admin passwords for several hours, critically straining my network connection to a null. I'm not about to post links to a site and get flooded with registrations. Hell I'm trying my best to hide the registration page while I'm constantly issuing domain bans left and right on attackers. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
If someone could please release an executable script for me to use on IIS so that I can perform this action in an unattended manner, I would greatly appreciate it and I would no longer receive denial of service attacks.
Confusing Windows PE 2.0 with VistaPE is rather common, please, besides Paraglider's post above, do also read my post here.

However, should this be not yet clear to you, this forum is dedicated ONLY to the the project named VistaPE, by Nightman, that uses Winbuilder.

People asking for help here need replies on this, NOT to MS Windows 1.x or 2.x PE.

With the constant problems I see from WinBuilder, I see why. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jaclaz
post Oct 9 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #22

Finder

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2

Italy

Ok, I see (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) , the mis-understanding about your published work derives from the different meanings of the verb "to publish".

That would also explain your feeling:
QUOTE(Daemonforce)
Why does it feel like I'm always talking to someone from another world?

On the Merriam Webster:
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...p;va=publishing
Main Entry: publish
Pronunciation: 'p&-blish
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, modification of Anglo-French publier, from Latin publicare, from publicus public
transitive verb
1 a : to make generally known b : to make public announcement of
2 a : to disseminate to the public b : to produce or release for distribution; specifically : PRINT 2c c : to issue the work of (an author)

You were using definition 1b "to make public announcement of" whilst I read it in the sense of 2a "to disseminate to the public" or 2b "to produce or release for distribution".

Still, as I see it, it does not make much sense to publicly announce something that is not available, and for which not even a tentative "timeline" or "roadmap" for release exists.

All the references to your project I happened to find in your posts here and on 911CD appear to me like bits and pieces, all I could get is that you are working to create a form of WinPE called DaemonPE.

Maybe you could start a thread here:
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/Submit-your-program-f64.html
describing your project, it's goals and whatever other information you feel like sharing about it, like the way you are carrying it on, omitting the technical details that you find are your exclusive intellectual property.

jaclaz

+Quote Post
phox
post Oct 9 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 134

QUOTE(darren rose @ Oct 8 2007, 08:48 PM) *
P.S. It is quite possible that my original question is not valid anyway now as I see there is a new beta of vistape, so I will try this and see if I can get networking working okay

Network support in VistaPE 10beta is working properly!

+Quote Post
phox
post Oct 9 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 134

QUOTE(DaemonForce @ Oct 9 2007, 03:29 PM) *
With the constant problems I see from WinBuilder, I see why. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

NightMan's VistaPE 08 works beautifully (with small glitches) and
VistaPE 10beta works brilliantly (with small glitches).

If you need help for it, just ask.

+Quote Post
DaemonForce
post Oct 9 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,328

United States

QUOTE(jaclaz @ Oct 9 2007, 10:04 AM) *
Ok, I see (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) , the mis-understanding about your published work derives from the different meanings of the verb "to publish".

That would also explain your feeling:
On the Merriam Webster:
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...p;va=publishing
You were using definition 1b "to make public announcement of" whilst I read it in the sense of 2a "to disseminate to the public" or 2b "to produce or release for distribution".

The purpose would be for 2b. I'm free to announce data to the public with the exception that it causes a problem for either users or my equipment. I made an announcement of my tools a year ago and provided links to the whitepapers freely authorized to the public. That was the worst mistake I ever made. I had to lock down the scripts because they were being crawled by self-employed disasters like Googlebot, Alexa and all kinds of other foreign devices, schools and telecoms. You have no idea how frustrating it is when the most abusive attacker you have is an overseas phone company. Yes, a phone company is crawling me. This needs to stop. Now. o_O

I employed the use of ASP.NET even further with membership roles. The problem is mitigated, but it's still a problem.
Still, as I see it, it does not make much sense to publicly announce something that is not available, and for which not even a tentative "timeline" or "roadmap" for release exists.

It's publicly available but it has no roadmap due to self-sufficiency. If I see something that would greatly help, I create it. If an associate requests a bolt, I categorize the relevancy and create it. I need to finish writing the Whitepapers, but they're accessible to an authorized and authenticated public.
All the references to your project I happened to find in your posts here and on 911CD appear to me like bits and pieces, all I could get is that you are working to create a form of WinPE called DaemonPE.

DaemonPE is a horrible time-consuming masterpiece that I had to abandon when I left Seattle in mid 2006. I have references to it available on my site. The documentation is completed but it's nothing incredibly special to use. I've often looked into it since then for the purpose of skipping over the first reboot after the file-copy stage of Windows setup. This project is on hold, it's not cancelled.

I've often looked in that section and I'm wondering if I can get help with a script if I post it there. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
describing your project, it's goals and whatever other information you feel like sharing about it, like the way you are carrying it on, omitting the technical details that you find are your exclusive intellectual property.

The idea behind this is to keep fully revised copies of my code available for distribution. If I post my current code on some site and a month later I have a revised copy that a few people are starting to see, I'm most likely going to receive several messages from a lot of people I don't know because they used my outdated code and they want a revision. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say posting my code on any site other than my own is a very bad idea. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

I just got another w3wp error pop up as I was typing this. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · VistaPE · Next Newest »

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsNetworking solved by not autostarting PENetwork
6 pepo 124 Yesterday, 10:50 PM
Last post by: Holger
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsVistaPE new site and new version
31 NightMan 936 Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Last post by: psc
No New Posts Install issues
Are grldrs in grub4Dos & distros the same?
1 B Gold 49 Yesterday, 11:54 AM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsInternational FORMAT "Y"
(looking from info from people with NON-English 2K/XP)
13 jaclaz 241 9th October 2007 - 09:21 AM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsVistape Sharing Service ;)
Beta ;)
3 steelbone 213 5th October 2007 - 02:07 PM
Last post by: allanf

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2007 - 04:53 AM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it