Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sorry no EvilPE
MedEvil
post Oct 6 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 2,192

I appologize to everyoe who was looking forward to testdriving my EvilPE this weekend. But the upload is canceled for now and you may never get to see it, sorry.

EvilPE though legaly safe to use and host, did not have it's name for nothing.
It's making use of the 'grey zone' to the fullest.

And with our newly found morality, you can just as well take nativeEX, fix a few bugs and you get the same as a cleaned up EvilPE.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif) (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/medieval.gif)

Personal note:
This was my 4. attempt to create a own project and though it got closer to being uploaded then any of my previous ones, before being shot down, it will also be my last attempt.
It makes me sad and angry to see all the time and work, i put in, wasted, time and time again, just because the rules keep on changing.
I hope that WB and Boot-land will one day mature to the point that one can really rely on it.
But i don't see it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Oct 6 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

This is really sad to hear - which are grey areas that keep you from publishing it? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
psc
post Oct 6 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Guru

Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE(MedEvil @ Oct 6 2007, 01:51 PM) *
EvilPE though legaly safe to use and host, did not have it's name for nothing.
It's making use of the 'grey zone' to the fullest.

And with our newly found morality, ...

Your post shows really your disappointment and frustration.
But in my opinion maybe you understood something wrong and do not have a reason to stop.

The 'Jaclaz Regulation' is not -as you seem to have understood- (yet?) a regulation. It is an invitation to discuss, how WinBuilder scripts can be 100 % legal.

To your 'grey' zone:

If you think, an attachement is legal, attach it.
If you think, an attachement is illegal, omit it and give the user a way to include into his/her PE.

That's the way I use from the very beginning (Maybe I also have illegal attachements, but I'm personally sure to have done everything legally).

Peter

+Quote Post
MedEvil
post Oct 6 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(psc @ Oct 6 2007, 02:10 PM) *
Your post shows really your disappointment and frustration.
But in my opinion maybe you understood something wrong and do not have a reason to stop.

The 'Jaclaz Regulation' is not -as you seem to have understood- (yet?) a regulation. It is an invitation to discuss, how WinBuilder scripts can be 100 % legal.

That was the impression i was under too, till this morning when jaclaz informed me that i was under a false impression. The new regulation is already in use there are just questions of implementation open.
And that's a completly different cup of tea.

QUOTE(psc @ Oct 6 2007, 02:10 PM) *
To your 'grey' zone:

If you think, an attachement is legal, attach it.
If you think, an attachement is illegal, omit it and give the user a way to include into his/her PE.

I operated under the same rule we did until now. If we can't be sued for it, eighter because there is no legal reason or there is no one anymore to sue, it's 'legal'.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
MedEvil
post Oct 6 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Nuno Brito @ Oct 6 2007, 01:54 PM) *
This is really sad to hear - which are grey areas that keep you from publishing it? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

All of it, cause by the new 'jaclaz regulation' everything not 100% white is black. And black is not allowed.

+Quote Post
jaclaz
post Oct 6 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #6

Finder

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2

Italy

Just to make this point clear, (if it is not enough).

the bolded part is FALSE (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif) :
QUOTE(Medevil)
It makes me sad and angry to see all the time and work, i put in, wasted, time and time again, just because the rules keep on changing.

Rules are the same since 24th July 2006.
The 1st and only amendment to them having being made to the "Common Sense Advice", NOT on Rules, on 17th July 2007.

I am sorry if you are frustrated, and I have understood by now that you do not approve of the proposed changes to the Rules, but do not try putting the blame for your actions or problems in delivering your creations for the 4th time on something or someone else by mis-representing the truth.

If you want to upload your .script, do it.

Before you ask:
Is it possible that tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or next week or next year your .script will be found to be against the published, official Rules, as they are now or as they will be at the time of the check?
Yes, in this case you will be notified and the .script will be removed from available downloads from the boot-land server.

It is as well possible that tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or next week or next year Nuno will decide to shut down boot-land or the server will blow up or all the world internet backbones will catch fire simultaneously putting an end to the Internet world as we know it, thus vanifying all your efforts, but life is like that. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

jaclaz

+Quote Post
jaclaz
post Oct 6 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #7

Finder

Member No.: 2

Italy

QUOTE(Medevil)
That was the impression i was under too, till this morning when jaclaz informed me that i was under a false impression. The new regulation is already in use there are just questions of implementation open.
And that's a completly different cup of tea.

Sorry, Medevil, cross-posting.

Where and when did I inform you of that? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I try my best to write in the plainest English I can, and I am usually very accurate in choosing words, if anywhere I gave you that impression, I apologize, but I am actualy pretty sure that I never did so.

jaclaz

+Quote Post
MedEvil
post Oct 6 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jaclaz @ Oct 6 2007, 03:14 PM) *
Where and when did I inform you of that? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Here you wrote:

You repeatedly tried to bring the discussion on other grounds, the point it is not about the opinion of .scripts developers on the legal or moral implications of adopting or not adopting this policy, it is about the best (where best means easier, more transparent, less centralised, less prone to misunderstandings) way to make this policy effective.

Pretty clear to me. No discussion about the if, just the how is still open.

+Quote Post
Oleg_II
post Oct 6 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 787

MedEvil
It may be "grey" or even "black" but if you are not sure just don't include files under the question, let a user find and include them. It may be "black" for one user but it also may be legal for the other (has licence or the kind).

jaclaz
Man, you are great. But sometime you are too... suspicious? Warez shouldn't be supported. Some features need some files that are not free but might be available somewhere on Internet and don't copy the whole program and even a part of it. They may become an example for creating something free like it happened with winlogon and its substitutes in BartPE. If you didn't try it how do you know what do you want to get?
And maybe not all but a lot of free programs are getting ideas from commercial ones (and vice versa of course (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
MedEvil
post Oct 6 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jaclaz @ Oct 6 2007, 03:06 PM) *
Just to make this point clear, (if it is not enough).

the bolded part is FALSE (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif) :

Rules are the same since 24th July 2006.

Never said that the written rules have changed, but the lived rules do have.
Or did we have problems with FoxitReader before? The script is around for as long as i remember.

btw. The other 3 projects weren't your fault! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Development · Next Newest »

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Not really sure where to put this...
I'm not sure what the problem is.
6 DaemonForce 112 7th October 2007 - 03:28 PM
Last post by: DaemonForce
No New Posts Notepad++ Alpha Script
... here's an excellent program!
0 allanf 229 3rd September 2007 - 06:25 PM
Last post by: allanf
No New Posts No Tmp_software hive in VistaPE?
RegHiveLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv fails
12 JonF 1,082 5th March 2007 - 08:54 PM
Last post by: Nuno Brito
No New Posts Not run wpeinit and run custom .exe instead
2 pjcintx 873 23rd February 2007 - 08:26 PM
Last post by: NightMan
No New Posts Not really Mindows related, but...
Win2K USB 2.0 stack for Win98
0 jaclaz 595 24th January 2007 - 03:09 PM
Last post by: jaclaz

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2007 - 04:53 AM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it