> bcedit.exe, Dos not build iso
Bernhard
post Sep 24 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 446

Germany

Hi,

I was just trying to build a VISTA PE image but I've got some errors.

Log -> http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...ost&id=3026

e. g. bcedit.exe not found, I was searching the forum after that but could not find a hint or solution.

Please help

Regards

Bernhard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Sep 24 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 1

Portugal

Hi bernhard!

There are a lot of errors mentioned on your log file and it seems that bcdedit is not the reason - I'd check if the work paths are correct.

There is one error that is potentially dangerous:

CODE
DirDelete - Failed to delete directory [%BaseDir%]

This command tries to delete %basedir% and all remaining sub-folder - %basedir% is the same path where your winbuilder.exe is placed meaning that it would wipe out completely your winbuilder folder.

--------------------

Have you changed anything from the original configuration that comes on vistaPE?

Look on the Paths tab and check if the vistaPE project has correct values for %targetdir% since it seems to be an empty value.

I advise to unpack a fresh copy of vistape and start from a clean folder if you're unsure on what to change.

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
booty#1
post Sep 24 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,830

Germany

Hi Bernhard,

please be more specific. Which VistaPE version and which WinBuilder version do you use?

booty#1

+Quote Post
powaking
post Sep 24 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 372

United States

QUOTE(booty#1 @ Sep 24 2007, 11:04 AM) *
Hi Bernhard,

please be more specific. Which VistaPE version and which WinBuilder version do you use?

booty#1

When this happens to me I just reboot my machine and it usually clears up this error (for me anyway).

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Sep 24 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

He's using wb 070 and VistaPE 8 based on the log file (but I also agree that more detail really help to know how the build is being done.. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) )

His log shows over 90 errors.

+Quote Post
Bernhard
post Sep 25 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #6

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 446

Germany

Hi again,

I'm very much impressed. I just started from scratch and was able to burn a VISTA PE CD. Only got a problem with total comander ->

FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File Tools\TC\FILE_ID.DIZ] FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File Tools\TC\INSTALL.EXE] FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File Tools\TC\LIESMICH.TXT] FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File Tools\TC\README.TXT] FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File Tools\TC\INSTALL.CAB] DirDelete - Failed to delete directory [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File Tools\TC\d] DirDelete - Failed to delete directory [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File Tools\TC\e]

@Nuno - nice to see the project grow - excellent work- thanks a lot! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) @booty#1 - and powaking - thank you, sorry for beeing a bit lazy (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/what.gif)

Hey cheers!

Bernhard

+Quote Post
booty#1
post Sep 25 2007, 09:54 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,830

Germany

QUOTE(Bernhard @ Sep 25 2007, 11:37 AM) *
I'm very much impressed. I just started from scratch and was able to burn a VISTA PE CD. Only got a problem with total comander ->

That is because it tries to download an old TC version which isn't available anymore.
Just deactivate this script for now.

booty#1

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · VistaPE · Next Newest »

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2007 - 04:00 AM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it