sanbarrow
post Sep 22 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Developer
Member No.: 755

MOA 2.2 is available now:
it requires 2k3-sp1 or r2 sources

(IMG:http://sanbarrow.com/moa22/moa22001.jpg)

first version that has something like a setup.exe (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Read instructions here:
http://sanbarrow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=860

Ulli
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheHive
post Sep 23 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 5

Testing and thanks for update. Finally some hand holding while trying to create this PE. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

The

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Attached Image

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Attached Image

First problem I ran into. Since I wasnt paying attention. Mao setup closed on me without me know what was the problem. So I tried again and payed more attention to what it says about not spaces in the directory being worked on.
Attached Image

After changint to no spaces container for MOA
Attached Image

dowloading Pebuilder

Attached Image

Downloading required stuff.
Attached Image

UPdating plugins. It stays there for a while. Can a progress thing be shown so people wont think that Moa setup has not frozen.
Attached Image

After a while, A virtual disk mounting tool comes up. QUestion: Did Moa Setup already install the vdk.exe file that im suppose to have installed already and if it did, Moa didnt let me know.
Attached Image

It seems the vdk.exe was installed during one of the process done by Moa, but it didnt tell me so. I was worried that I had to go download somewhere and install it before I could press the ok button. Seeing that I do have it installed, I can now proceed to clicking the ok button.

Attached Image

When Pressing OK button Moa Setup dissapears. So what now, It says it will start mounting Virtual disks but I dont see that happening. I guess I have to start over. Why do I have to do Evreything again. Doesnt Mao Setup know I have PeBuilder already downloaded and go to the next step to check and see if have the other things it needs installed or if I need them installed or downloaded if they are missing from the current running OS.
Attached Image

Still Testing. Stoped testing because the prompt just remains at downloading PE builder again.
Its been running like this for a while, so i have to kill the process in order to stop Moa setup. I cant click on the x and stop it.

+Quote Post
sanbarrow
post Sep 23 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Hi
you are right - I should mention that the tool installs vdk in case it is not installed.
Sorry about the missing progressbar - I simply don't know how to do that.

When it hangs while downloading pebuilder - did it have already downloaded it into that directory before ?
At the moment it should be used in fresh directories only.

About the files:
the workstation setup is not freely downloadable - so I expect that users already have this files downloaded and just copy it into the same dir.
VIclient -setup is available for ESX-users only - it has to be downloaded via the webinterface to ESX.
The converter is freely available so the tool will try to download it.

When Pressing OK button Moa Setup dissapears. So what now, It says it will start mounting Virtual disks but I dont see that happening. I guess I have to start over.

Ah I see - didn't you enter a driveletter ?

Thanks for feedback

Ulli

+Quote Post
TheHive
post Sep 23 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

When it hangs while downloading pebuilder - did it have already downloaded it into that directory before ?
Yes!

At the moment it should be used in fresh directories only.
ok!

About the files:
the workstation setup is not freely downloadable - so I expect that users already have this files downloaded and just copy it into the same dir.
VIclient -setup is available for ESX-users only - it has to be downloaded via the webinterface to ESX.
The converter is freely available so the tool will try to download it.

Thanks for feedback
OK! Thanks for the hard work put into this.

So after the process is done. Are we suppose to use PEbuilder and continue from there.
Also. With what version of VMware is this compatible. Do we need v6 or is 5.5 ok.

+Quote Post
sanbarrow
post Sep 23 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

So after the process is done. Are we suppose to use PEbuilder and continue from there.

Yes - you should customize the localisation plugin and add further plugins - in case you need any.
I plan to add creation of a ramloading image and some more steps of post-processing later.
Also. With what version of VMware is this compatible. Do we need v6 or is 5.5 ok.

The older plugin for 5.5 still works - but I can also translate it so that it can be prepared with the new setup-tool.

+Quote Post
sanbarrow
post Oct 3 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Updated to version 2.2.002
http://sanbarrow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2988

fixed some of the issues TheHive mentioned

+Quote Post
TheHive
post Oct 3 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Thanks for the update. I think ill have time during weekend to test and post results.

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Oct 3 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

Sounds promissing - can you detail which aditional software needs to be downloaded or is it all done automatically? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
sanbarrow
post Oct 3 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Nuno - you don't need to add any files.
The setup downloads some required tools from sysinternals - like junction.exe.

If you do not add any of the listed VMware-files it will try to download Converter 3.0.1 from VMware.
The tool also downloads a replacement for the plugin-directory from pebuilder from sanbarrow.com - which contains only files that can be redistributed - I hope - like Paragliders hwpnp.exe , Ken Katos vdk.exe and things like that.
The tool also downloads the current version of pebuilder - but does not touch the pebuilder-procedure in itself.

Since version 2.1 I hope that I don't violate any rules anymore - latest version should be clean. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Oct 4 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

These are very good news! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

(surely makes it easier for everyone to try out quickly)

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · P2V · Next Newest »

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts MOA...why not use xp or vista.
1 sokolofskid 78 8th October 2007 - 09:39 PM
Last post by: sanbarrow

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2007 - 04:51 AM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it