> "No network cards detected", Network Drivers

JusGellin
post Sep 24 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,355

United States

QUOTE (Holger @ Sep 23 2007, 01:31 PM) *
Can't remember what the problem was with the Broadcom-NIC's.
There was one...hmmm...
I sold my 'old' board which had a Broadcom 5702-nic some weeks ago so (at the moment) I cannot do tests any more.
Please @Jus could you do the following:
- run the "PENetwork"-script with the "Debug"-option
-> in PE on the RAM-drive there should be available now a PENM-log-file
-> please copy it i.e. on a USB-stick
-> boot to normal Windows and please post this logfile here

Greets
Holger

I've included the log file.
When the cd boots, penetwork recognizes the file and goes through indicating it is getting dhcp ip etc. But after it is done and I bring up penetwork, no nic is indicated. I used myNIC application to make the script which I placed in the drivers folder. But the first time I did this another driver folder was made when the iso was built (in winbuilder). When that happened no nic was identified and it wasn't in the i386\system32\drivers folder on the cd.

So I upped the level from 4 to 6 which then placed this script in the orginal folder that qemu driver script is in (in winbuilder). Then on boot up of the cd, I see it is recognized but again nothing appears in penetwork when I call it up after the bootup is completed. But now the driver is in i386\system32\drivers folder on the cd.

Thanks for looking into this.
Allen
Attached File(s)
Attached File  PENMDebug.txt ( 1.8MB ) Number of downloads: 64

Go to the top of the page

JusGellin
post Sep 27 2007, 02:54 AM
Post #12

United States

Holger,
Were you able to come up with anything that I could do to get the network drivers to work?
Thanks

Holger
post Sep 27 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #13

Frequent Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 120

Germany

QUOTE (JusGellin @ Sep 27 2007, 04:54 AM) *
Holger,
Were you able to come up with anything that I could do to get the network drivers to work?
Thanks

Hi Jus,

not yet.
But I have a machine now at work with the same network device so I can do some tests again.
At the moment I'm a little bit 'busy' and doing these tests at work I can only in the evening so I can give you a result lately Thursday (Wednesday is a holiday), maybe earlier.
So long...
Holger

KiKe
post Sep 27 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 10,836

Panama

Regarding this problem I've tried on an old Compaq Presario which didn't have a network jack built in the MOBO and I added a pci network card and it worked fine with LiveXp, but the build failed on a newer biostar MOBO where the network jack is built in. (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

JusGellin
post Oct 1 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #15

United States

QUOTE (Holger @ Sep 27 2007, 09:23 AM) *
Hi Jus,

not yet.
But I have a machine now at work with the same network device so I can do some tests again.
At the moment I'm a little bit 'busy' and doing these tests at work I can only in the evening so I can give you a result lately Thursday (Wednesday is a holiday), maybe earlier.
So long...
Holger

JusGellin
post Oct 1 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #16

United States

Holger,
I know you are quite busy. I wanted to keep this active. I wish there was something I could do to get the nic working on the notebook. I tried running penetwork when the notebook was booted up normally and it shows the nic and connections as expected. I just don't know how to test and get this working for the live cd. (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/questionmark.gif)

Thanks. I appreciate for whenever you get the time.

JusGellin
post Oct 6 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #17

United States

I'm sure this isn't impossible, but I just don't have enough experience to troubleshoot it and make it work. I know that this can work because it does using a BartPE boot disk.
When I build the NativeEx_barebone, I made sure that penetwork was checked. Running the finished CD would not connect to the network even though through Qemu, it does with no problem.

Here's what I did next:
After I build the NativeEx_barebone, I checked my notebook PC to see what nic driver it was using. It said it was a "Broadcom Netxtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller". Then I looked at what the driver name was. It was "b57xp32.sys". Looking at the built Target\nativeEx\i386\System32\drivers, I didn't see this driver. So I copied this one to that location and then just did a Create Cd step in WB and burned a new cd from that iso.

Booting up again, when penetwork tries to find the driver, it tells me "No network cards detected"

Should this have worked by placing the missing driver directly in the target driver folder and remaking the iso and burning that to the cd? Looking at the driver folder on the cd then showed it had this driver I added in it.

Help! What can I do further?

Holger
post Oct 6 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #18

Frequent Member

Member No.: 120

Germany

Hi Jus (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

at the moment there is nothing what you can do...
However, thanks for testing again.
Last week I was ill and there was one holi-day...so no time.
On friday I did a test at work and there was the same problem.
Detection seemed to work but after that I just get only an empty window.
Normally it should say that no network cards could be detected so this state is a little bit confusing me.
Now I have to reinstall my machine (new motherboard + cpu (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ).
Hopefully I can do more debugging next week cause my girlfriend is on the road for 2 weeks (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
So long...
Holger

TheHive
post Oct 6 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #19

Platinum Member

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Holger @ Oct 6 2007, 03:45 PM) *
Hopefully I can do more debugging next week cause my girlfriend is on the road for 2 weeks (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
So long...
Holger

(IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/../forums/style_emoticons/default/roll1.gif)

Frame57
post Jul 26 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 16,873

United States

QUOTE (TheHive @ Oct 6 2007, 01:55 PM) *

Is there a fix for this error. I cannot get onto the internet because PENetwork says No network cards detected. I used petousb to build the livexp to a drive key and a usb portable harddrive. My laptop is a dell latitude d520 and the network driver is bcm4sbxp.sys

There is 3 page(s) Previous Page Page : 1 2 Page : 3 Next page

3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: YON

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Network Boot Disc - For installation of XP from a Network Share
What's the best option?
0 Panarchy 26 Today, 08:46 AM
Last post by: Panarchy
No new Posts Topic has attachments Network Booting XP
With net(0)\windows!
14 Andy Tim 7,361 3rd February 2009 - 12:45 AM
Last post by: Andy Tim
No New Posts Network instalation
1 jibrito 1,878 27th May 2008 - 06:44 PM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts Topic has attachments Network Card Hardware Detection
Poor Man's Hardware Detection
4 Seiba 1,708 3rd May 2008 - 08:18 AM
Last post by: Seiba
No New Posts network drive -> physical drive?
0 kcom 1,709 27th April 2008 - 02:55 AM
Last post by: kcom

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " winbuilder mynic error   2 clicks", img_item + " no network cards detected error   2 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder livexp no networknics   2 clicks", img_item + " it is not possible to c...rk was detected   2 clicks", img_item + " bcm4sbxp.sys freezing   2 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder livexp tcpip...r service error   2 clicks", img_item + " dc5750 hang boot   2 clicks", img_item + " my computer says no net...ted why is this   2 clicks", img_item + " snetdrv.script   1 clicks", img_item + " http://search.msn.com/res...ts.aspx?q=there   1 clicks", img_item + " windows vista qemu no n...no network card   1 clicks", img_item + " no network card detected on px   1 clicks", img_item + " no network drives detected   1 clicks", img_item + " no network card detected ipconfig   1 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder native_ex   1 clicks", img_item + " qemu no network card de...cted by install   1 clicks", img_item + " sourcedisksnames broadcom   1 clicks", img_item + " anetdrv   1 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2009 - 04:38 PM