There is 3 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Page : 3 Next page 

> "No network cards detected", Network Drivers

JusGellin
post Sep 21 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,355

United States

I've tried making all the different projects, LiveXP, BartPECore and nativeEx_barebone. I can get a connection to the internet when it runs in qEmu, but when I try to run it on a Dell Laptop D620, it fails to connect and gives "No network cards detected" (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hammer.gif) The Dell works OK with its own OS and even worked when I built VistaPE for it. But I can't make it work for the XP projects.

For the nativeEx_barebone project, which I minimized as much as I thought I should, I added the script ANetDrv.script which then put the driver I wanted into the System32\Drivers folder and when I ran a live CD on the laptop, and look for this driver I find it - b57p32.sys - but it fails to connect to the nic. I even took the driver the laptop normally uses and copied it directly over to the target system32\driver folder and made a new iso, but it still wouldn't work. I've searched the forums and saw a few having this kind of problem, but never found any solution to help me.

I would sure like to know what I could do to make this part of it work. I'm very new (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/alien.gif) at this, but I'm learning. So if you could help by explaining in detail, I would appreciate it. I also really appreciate your site.

I'm including the last log I had. Also I'm using ver 072 of wb.
Thanks (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  log.html ( 455.83K ) Number of downloads: 19

Go to the top of the page

psc
post Sep 21 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #2

Guru

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE (JusGellin @ Sep 21 2007, 06:09 PM) *
For the nativeEx_barebone project, which I minimized as much as I thought I should, I added the script ANetDrv.script which then put the driver I wanted into the System32\Drivers folder and when I ran a live CD on the laptop, and look for this driver I find it - b57p32.sys - but it fails to connect to the nic. I even took the driver the laptop normally uses and copied it directly over to the target system32\driver folder and made a new iso, but it still wouldn't work. I've searched the forums and saw a few having this kind of problem, but never found any solution to help me.

Can you please post the complete b57p32.sys setup (including the *.inf and evtually more files)?

In the mean time try this:
Install WinBuilder with native_ex barebone on the laptop and run myNIC. This will generate a driver script.
Add that script to your nativeEx build on your 'Standard WinBuilder PC'

Peter

JusGellin
post Sep 21 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #3

United States

QUOTE (psc @ Sep 21 2007, 10:26 AM) *
Can you please post the complete b57p32.sys setup (including the *.inf and evtually more files)?

In the mean time try this:
Install WinBuilder with native_ex barebone on the laptop and run myNIC. This will generate a driver script.
Add that script to your nativeEx build on your 'Standard WinBuilder PC'

Peter

I could only attach the b57xp32.inf file. I couldn't send the .cat and .sys files because the upload said I wasn't permitted to upload this type of file.

I'll do the second suggestion you gave.

Thanks,
Allen
Attached File(s)
Attached File  b57xp32.inf ( 39.28K ) Number of downloads: 19

pedrole15
post Sep 21 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #4

Silver Member

Member No.: 183

France

QUOTE (JusGellin @ Sep 21 2007, 10:14 PM) *
I could only attach the b57xp32.inf file. I couldn't send the .cat and .sys files because the upload said I wasn't permitted to upload this type of file.

You can make a zip or 7z archive with all files
(IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Pedro

JusGellin
post Sep 21 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #5

United States

QUOTE (pedrole15 @ Sep 21 2007, 04:29 PM) *
You can make a zip or 7z archive with all files
(IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Pedro

I made a 7z to upload.
Thanks
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Broadcom_570x_Gigabit_NIC.7z ( 59.99K ) Number of downloads: 36
Attached File  Broadcom_570x_Gigabit_NIC.7z ( 59.99K ) Number of downloads: 31

MedEvil
post Sep 22 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #6

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,192

I would guess you need to adopt the inf file.
It says:
CODE
[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %DISK_DESC%,,,

[Strings]
DISK_DESC           = "Broadcom NetXtreme Installation Media"

which seems to be wrong when you put the driver direct into PE.

(IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

JusGellin
post Sep 22 2007, 01:42 AM
Post #7

United States

QUOTE (MedEvil @ Sep 21 2007, 06:05 PM) *
I would guess you need to adopt the inf file.
It says:
CODE
[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %DISK_DESC%,,,

[Strings]
DISK_DESC           = "Broadcom NetXtreme Installation Media"

which seems to be wrong when you put the driver direct into PE.

(IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

I'm not sure what that means -> "I would guess you need to adopt the inf file" or how to do that? Could you please explain a little more? I'm really new at this.

Thanks

JusGellin
post Sep 22 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #8

United States

I've rebuilt native_exbarebones project on the Dell laptop. I then ran myNic to generate the driver script. I placed this script into the Drivers folder where qemu driver was and rebuilt again.

Now when I boot into the cd from the laptop, penetwork manager comes up and identifies the nic, acts like it gets dhcp address etc., then completes the boot. But if I bring up the pe net manger again, the properties don't show any nic detected. Running ipconfig /all from a dos prompt doesn't show any network connection either. Nor can it connect to the internet. So it doesn't connect.

It is closer, but still not quite right. What else can I do or look at? I was hoping that I would be able to use a variety of nics on different pc's and have the live cd detect any of these using the anetdrv.script or snetdrv.script. I think it is doable, I just don't understand enough to know what to do. (IMG:http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Thanks again for your help.

psc
post Sep 22 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #9

Guru

Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE (JusGellin @ Sep 22 2007, 03:00 PM) *
Now when I boot into the cd from the laptop, penetwork manager comes up and identifies the nic, acts like it gets dhcp address etc., then completes the boot. But if I bring up the pe net manger again, the properties don't show any nic detected. Running ipconfig /all from a dos prompt doesn't show any network connection either. Nor can it connect to the internet. So it doesn't connect.

That sounds very strange.

I've sent a PM to Holger to have a look here.

Peter

Holger
post Sep 23 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #10

Frequent Member

Member No.: 120

Germany

Can't remember what the problem was with the Broadcom-NIC's.
There was one...hmmm...
I sold my 'old' board which had a Broadcom 5702-nic some weeks ago so (at the moment) I cannot do tests any more.
Please @Jus could you do the following:
- run the "PENetwork"-script with the "Debug"-option
-> in PE on the RAM-drive there should be available now a PENM-log-file
-> please copy it i.e. on a USB-stick
-> boot to normal Windows and please post this logfile here

Greets
Holger

There is 3 page(s)  1 Page : 2 Page : 3 Next page

3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: YON

Collapse

>

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Network Boot Disc - For installation of XP from a Network Share
What's the best option?
0 Panarchy 26 Today, 08:46 AM
Last post by: Panarchy
No new Posts Topic has attachments Network Booting XP
With net(0)\windows!
14 Andy Tim 7,361 3rd February 2009 - 12:45 AM
Last post by: Andy Tim
No New Posts Network instalation
1 jibrito 1,878 27th May 2008 - 06:44 PM
Last post by: jaclaz
No New Posts Topic has attachments Network Card Hardware Detection
Poor Man's Hardware Detection
4 Seiba 1,708 3rd May 2008 - 08:18 AM
Last post by: Seiba
No New Posts network drive -> physical drive?
0 kcom 1,709 27th April 2008 - 02:55 AM
Last post by: kcom

menu_build_menu( "topicreferrals", new Array( img_item + " winbuilder mynic error   2 clicks", img_item + " no network cards detected error   2 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder livexp no networknics   2 clicks", img_item + " it is not possible to c...rk was detected   2 clicks", img_item + " bcm4sbxp.sys freezing   2 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder livexp tcpip...r service error   2 clicks", img_item + " dc5750 hang boot   2 clicks", img_item + " my computer says no net...ted why is this   2 clicks", img_item + " snetdrv.script   1 clicks", img_item + " http://search.msn.com/res...ts.aspx?q=there   1 clicks", img_item + " windows vista qemu no n...no network card   1 clicks", img_item + " no network card detected on px   1 clicks", img_item + " no network drives detected   1 clicks", img_item + " no network card detected ipconfig   1 clicks", img_item + " winbuilder native_ex   1 clicks", img_item + " qemu no network card de...cted by install   1 clicks", img_item + " sourcedisksnames broadcom   1 clicks", img_item + " anetdrv   1 clicks" ) );

RSS "Boot-Land.net", "WinBuilder" Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2009 - 04:49 PM