> Script for Altiris SVS
Trax
post Sep 19 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,728

Austria

Hi, I made a script for altiris SVS: http://juice.altiris.com/node/86 its free for personal use and here is a 120 days commercial trail version as well.

The plugin requirers network support to be included but only in order to run the "net start fslx" command to load the driver, I'll look on what files aside of net.exe are explicitly needed and include them in the next version.

The redirect area is stored on X:\ so you need a ram boot image in order to use the plug in, I tried to locate it on B:\ but this resulted in an error, ma by with a different ram disk it would work, because on XP you at least can move the redirect area to any physical drive you want.

hope you'll like it...

Trax
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SVS.script ( 9.65k ) Number of downloads: 14

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Digg this topic Add to my del.icio.us 3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
psc
post Sep 19 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Guru

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE(Trax @ Sep 19 2007, 03:38 PM) *
Hi, I made a script for altiris SVS: http://juice.altiris.com/node/86 its free for personal use and here is a 120 days commercial trail version as well.

The plugin requirers network support to be included but only in order to run the "net start fslx" command to load the driver, I'll look on what files aside of net.exe are explicitly needed and include them in the next version.

The redirect area is stored on X:\ so you need a ram boot image in order to use the plug in, I tried to locate it on B:\ but this resulted in an error, ma by with a different ram disk it would work, because on XP you at least can move the redirect area to any physical drive you want.

hope you'll like it...

Trax

Hi Trax
Welcome in our forum (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

Because we just have had a short discussion in 911CD, I was curious (inspite the script theme itself does not interest me). I did a look into your script.

Please do not misunderstand me, I do not want just critisize somebody. I want to give you hints what to do better:
  • %TargetDir%\I386\system32 should be replaced by %target_sys%
  • %TargetDir%\I386 should be replaced by %target_win%
These are vgariables defined project depending, maybe as the above values, but e.g for Vista with ...\Windows\...
Such a replacement makes the script project independent.
  • I found 'Programme' in some paths.
That tells that you created your script from a German template. But this will cause that the script does not run well on every non-German PE.
  • In Reg entries you use 'X:'
This is not very bad, because currently there is no constellation known where a different drive letter is possible.
But you shold nevertheless:
  • Replace 'X:\Programme' by '#$pProgramFiles#$p'
  • Replace 'X:\I386' by '#$pSystemRoot#$p'
  • Replace 'X:' by '#$pSystemDrive#$p'
In this case a 0x1 as registry type must be changed to 0x2

I hope I did not demotivate you.

Keep on in increasing your knowledge, and do not mind to ask.

There are never stupid questions, there can be only stupid answers! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Peter

+Quote Post
Trax
post Sep 19 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Austria

Hi,

I have some more parts that are currently german:
CODE
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sAppData","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Anwendungsdaten"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sPrograms","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Startmen\Programme"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sDocuments","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Dokumente"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sDesktop","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Desktop"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sStart#$sMenu","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Startmen"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","CommonPictures","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Dokumente\Eigene#$sBilder"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","CommonMusic","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Dokumente\Eigene#$sMusik"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","CommonVideo","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Dokumente\Eigene#$sVideos"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sFavorites","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Favoriten"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sStartup","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Startmen\Programme\Autostart"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sTemplates","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Vorlagen"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell#$sFolders","Common#$sAdministrative#$sTools","B:\Documents#$sand#$sSettings\All#$sUsers\Startmen\Programme\Verwaltung"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User#$sShell#$sFolders","Common#$sAppData","#$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p\Anwendungsdaten"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User#$sShell#$sFolders","Common#$sDesktop","#$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p\Desktop"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User#$sShell#$sFolders","Common#$sDocuments","#$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p\Dokumente"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User#$sShell#$sFolders","Common#$sFavorites","#$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p\Favoriten"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User#$sShell#$sFolders","Common#$sPrograms","#$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p\Startmen\Programme"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User#$sShell#$sFolders","Common#$sStart#$sMenu","#$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p\Startmen"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User#$sShell#$sFolders","Common#$sStartup","#$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p\Startmen\Programme\Autostart"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x2,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User#$sShell#$sFolders","Common#$sTemplates","#$pALLUSERSPROFILE#$p\Vorlagen"
RegWrite,"HKLM",0x1,"WB-SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared#$sTools","SharedFilesDir","X:\Programme\Gemeinsame#$sDateien\Microsoft#$sShared\"

How can I make all these language independant so that winbuilder fits the right strings in?

And an other question how can I bring winbuilder to make all references usualy pointing to B:\ point to X:\ as the SVS requirers the X:\fslrdr to be writable I use a ram loaded imabe and could completly drom the ramdisk b:\ ???

Trax

+Quote Post
psc
post Sep 19 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #4

Guru

Germany

QUOTE(Trax @ Sep 19 2007, 04:23 PM) *
Hi,

I have some more parts that are currently german:

How can I make all these language independant so that winbuilder fits the right strings in?

And an other question how can I bring winbuilder to make all references usualy pointing to B:\ point to X:\ as the SVS requirers the X:\fslrdr to be writable I use a ram loaded imabe and could completly drom the ramdisk b:\ ???

Trax

All (or at least most) of the folder names are already defined when you use a nativeEx based project.
So all the 'SHELL' registry entries are not necessary.

If one folder is missing, please post it as 'bug report'. Then I'll add it.

To rour RAM question: I did not understand what you mean. Can you give an example (or post in the German subforum)

Peter

+Quote Post
MedEvil
post Sep 19 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,192

QUOTE(psc @ Sep 19 2007, 04:04 PM) *
[*]In Reg entries you use 'X:'
This is not very bad, because currently there is no constellation known where a different drive letter is possible.

Peter, we have the ability to change the drive letter since April!

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
Trax
post Sep 19 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #6

Austria

Hi,
At the moment I was experimenting with the LiveXP thing not with nativeXP,
to the ram the LiveXP (3 - hivesFactory.Script) creates sole registry entries "B:\Dokumente und Einstellungen" partially under shell folders but also in the System key,
My problem is that when I don't include a 3rd party ram disk I don't have a drive B:\ only a drive X:\ witch is writable as it is a ram loaded disk image, and to save memory I would like to dont use a 3rd parts ram drive.
So I need a way to bring the Winbuilder to use X:\ instead of B:\

EDIT: nativeXP uses R:\ instead of B:\ but still not X:\ as I need it for SVS

Trax

+Quote Post
psc
post Sep 19 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #7

Guru

Germany

QUOTE(Trax @ Sep 19 2007, 05:13 PM) *
Hi,
At the moment I was experimenting with the LiveXP thing not with nativeXP,
to the ram the LiveXP (3 - hivesFactory.Script) creates sole registry entries "B:\Dokumente und Einstellungen" partially under shell folders but also in the System key,
My problem is that when I don't include a 3rd party ram disk I don't have a drive B:\ only a drive X:\ witch is writable as it is a ram loaded disk image, and to save memory I would like to dont use a 3rd parts ram drive.
So I need a way to bring the Winbuilder to use X:\ instead of B:\

Trax

Firs, allow me that I edited your post about 'German Paths' from 'quote' to 'codebox' to hold this topic better readable.

LiveXP is based on nativeEx, too (The main difference to nativeEx_barebone is that changes in nativeEx_core sometimes appear with a small delay)
BTW: nativeXP does not exist. There are two other nativeEx based projects
  • NativePE by thunn, which is very stable and based on a nativeEx core.
    (@Thunn, please do not send me a letter bomb: Sometimes I have the feeling, that this project wants to remain stable for every time, and never will use latest nativeEx cor changes (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif) )
  • nativeEx_barebone by me, which is never stable, always dynamic and always containing the latest nativeEx core scripts.
    For a standard user it has the
    • advantage:
      • You can download, start and it works (wit5h 'standard' HW)
      • you can add every API - proof application script, and (depends on the developer) will work
    • disadvantage:
      • The project itself contains only basic functions and apps
        (But you can add ... (see above)
To Your RAM disk question:

In nativeEx there is a node Basic > !WBManager > Define Fundamentals.
Here you can define your constellation.
If I understood you correctly you shold define 'RAM drive letter' as '--' and 'Settings Drive' as 'System Drive'
In this case do not forget to uncheck any RAM or ImDisk drive.

Peter

+Quote Post
psc
post Sep 19 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #8

Guru

Germany

QUOTE(MedEvil @ Sep 19 2007, 05:09 PM) *
Peter, we have the ability to change the drive letter since April!

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

@MedEvil,
You know that my age remarkably exceeds the 60 and there starts something like 'Alzheimer'
Can you give me a hint?

Peter

+Quote Post
Trax
post Sep 19 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #9

Austria

In nativeEx there is a node Basic > !WBManager > Define Fundamentals.
Here you can define your constellation.

how can I in do it LiveXP, there is no !WBManager there?

+Quote Post
psc
post Sep 19 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #10

Guru

Germany

QUOTE(Trax @ Sep 19 2007, 05:56 PM) *
how can I in do it LiveXP, there is no !WBManager there?

I have it!
Attached Image

Peter

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Development · Next Newest »

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsForum software failure?
Some date conflicts
3 psc 105 8th October 2007 - 03:08 PM
Last post by: psc
No new Script Levels
project depending ?!
20 psc 701 4th September 2007 - 11:38 AM
Last post by: MedEvil
No New Posts Script Template using GUI
7 allanf 505 23rd August 2007 - 06:32 PM
Last post by: allanf
No New Posts Former versions of WinBuilders.
Download of former WBs and Scripts.
8 phox 615 31st July 2007 - 06:14 PM
Last post by: TheHive
No New Posts script's explorer cotextmenu problem
6 h7se 728 18th July 2007 - 06:41 AM
Last post by: h7se

Display Mode: Switch to: Standard · Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2007 - 04:30 AM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it