Rating 5 V
post Sep 19 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,829

Italy

QUOTE(psc @ Sep 19 2007, 10:23 AM) *
Download autoKeyboard.Script and autoLocalization.Script.

If you compare these scripts with yours, they write the same items into the PE.
The difference is that your items are hardcoded; the items of my scripts are dynamically taken from the actual environment.

Independent of the source CD's language they transfer keyboard and international settings from your local PC.

That means: These script are valid for every language.

If the KBD??.DLL is not on the source CD, it is copied from your local PC.

Peter

As always, very interesting and workable! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Generally my very personal approach (at all, not only in IT) is inclined in order to avoid automatisms, where it is possible.
Actually I've learned (about WB & scripts) more than two months ago (at that moment I was a newbie of WB, and I'm still so...) thanks to you and now almost I can reply to you. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Generally I prefer a manual setting because of its predictability (therefore I like domesticate Vista!) and "my" script is myself oriented, that's all! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
You know, when I've tested for the first time your AutoDetect I didn't know the how and the why and it for some reason didn't work as it must.
The reason, maybe, was that my Regional and Language Options in Vista are mixed (for reasons too long to descibe): Italian for keyboard and formats, English for locale and non-Unicode programs.
Then: simply, my script came in useful to bypass this occurrence, and to install "surely" all Italian User/System Keyboard, formats, locale and other independently of my OS real settings.

Recently (yesterday!) I've searched about Keyboard and Locale settings scripts in the forum and I've found others jobs (in others languages) that much the way write the same entries in the registry and in fact actually my script is "became" a close result of others except the addition of built-in encoded "KBDIT.DLL" (then, I don't know if really this script deserves the five stars rating that I saw now...).

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Sep 19 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Italy

QUOTE(jaclaz @ Sep 19 2007, 11:14 AM) *
by the way:
[Begin Italian]
a proposito
per inciso
tra l'altro
[End Italian]

jaclaz

Thank you, jaclaz! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
psc
post Sep 19 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #23

Guru

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 3

Germany

QUOTE(online @ Sep 19 2007, 04:56 PM) *
Generally my very personal approach (at all, not only in IT) is inclined in order to avoid automatisms, where it is possible.
Generally I prefer a manual setting because of its predictability (therefore I like domesticate Vista!) and "my" script is myself oriented, that's all! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

So in your case your personalized script is the best. That's ok. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Sometimes it would help if a user adds his last tweaks in a 'mytweaks.script'.

Good look and good success for your furher researches!

Peter (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
post Sep 19 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Italy

QUOTE(online @ Sep 18 2007, 11:28 PM) *
And YOU tell me this... NOW?!?

This was only a joke about my stress of yesterday... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE(psc @ Sep 19 2007, 01:08 PM) *
IMHO this is much better than offering a solution at once.

Totally I agree!
This is my life-philosophy all along!

"Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead". (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

btw: and in fact, then I tripped over "LiteStep" about Clock Time H24 feature so, not? (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
post Sep 19 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Italy

QUOTE(psc @ Sep 19 2007, 05:12 PM) *
So in your case your personalized script is the best. That's ok. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

... and in all such cases too. (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

psc, thank you very much: really it was a pleasure! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
post Yesterday, 07:21 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Italy

As I've already said I've rationalized this script removing attached (and useless) dll... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

On this occasion I also would highlight the importance to edit "system_time.rc" file in LiteStep program in order to correct the Italian date-format wrong display too.

About the clock-time wrong display booty#1 was very clear, about the date-format wrong display the same file must be further edited as following:

CODE
DateLblText                 "[date('ddd. d mmm.')]"

(IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · VistaPE · Next Newest »

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsDefaults.txt
Helps with file dependency
0 Olri 237 23rd July 2006 - 10:11 PM
Last post by: Olri

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th October 2007 - 04:51 AM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it