Digg this topic Add to my del.icio.us Submit to SlashDot 2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding Programs to VistaPE in menu
speed45
post Feb 17 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,381

Hi I would like to know how to add programs to the vistape bulid I am trying to make. I got a whole bunch of programs from bartpe disc that I currently use and would like to add programs like 7-zip, avg, deepburner, etc... can someone provide me with a how to on getting this done with WinBuilder. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightMan
post Feb 23 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: .script developer
Member No.: 575

Russia

speed45
all is very easy smile.gif

1. test program from VistaPE (you not need script if it's not working wink.gif)
2. open one of my scripts (LiteStep or Total Commader or AngelWriter, it "classic" scripts and you can see all function in it) an modify for your program

that's all smile.gif

ps format for shortcut.inf:
what, where, work dir, parameters, description, icon, parameter for window (normal|min|max)

x:\windows\system32\mmc.exe,Computer Management.lnk,x:\windows\system32,/b x:\windows\system32\compmgmt.msc
x:\windows\system32\mmc.exe,Disk Management.lnk,x:\windows\system32,/b x:\windows\system32\diskmgmt.msc
!CD\Program Files\totalcmd\totalcmd.exe,Total Commander.lnk,!CD\Program Files\totalcmd
!CD\Program Files\totalcmd\totalcmd.exe,!DS\Total Commander.lnk,!CD\Program Files\totalcmd

!DS - desktop
!WD - x:\windows
!S32 - x:\windows\system32
!PF - x:\Program Files
!CD - disk with programs
!PFC - !CD\Program Files
!PD - x:\Programs
!PDC - !CD\Programs

more detals will be after translating documentation to english smile.gif

(instruction actual for 007 version)

+Quote Post
JonF
post Mar 16 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2,319

United States

QUOTE (NightMan @ Feb 23 2007, 04:55 PM) *
ps format for shortcut.inf:
what, where, work dir, parameters, description, icon, parameter for window (normal|min|max)

It appears that the last parameter doesn't work:

CODE
TXTAddLine,%ES%,"%LinkDir%\HijackThisScanner.cmd,!DS\HijackThis.lnk,%LinkDir%, ,Industrial strength anti-malware scanner,%LinkDir%\HijackThis.exe,min","Append"

produces a shortcut on the desktop with all the desired attributes (including the icon) except the window starts normal-sized. If I change the properties of the shortcut to start minimized while in the booted VistaPE, it works as desired.

+Quote Post
martinr
post Mar 20 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,305

@JonF
Thanks. Your idea of using %LinkDir% has fixed one of the problems I was getting with my shortcuts.

If you use the option to build with the image packed into a wim file, !CD resolves to your CDRom drive letter, and if you have also opted to include an application like Total Commander in the wim, !CD\%DestDir% resolves to something like G:\Program Files\totalcmd. This location of course does not exist and the shortcut fails; the files are actually at X:\Program Files\totalcmd.

Using %LinkDir% is a simple way to put this right, but it is unfortunate that the standard VistaPE scripts all seem to use !CD\%DestDir%.

Having fixed this problem, I then experienced a strange interaction between my A43 shortcut and the one for Total Commander. I have Total Commander in the wim and A43 on the CD. For some reason I get a phantom entry "A43 File Management" as an empty folder in the Start Menu, as well as a separate shortcut for the A43 program itself. The problem seems to be due to the presence of the Total Commander shortcut. I have fixed this one by changing the TXTAddLine entries in totalcmd.script from "Append" to "Prepend". It works but I really don't understand why.

+Quote Post
martinr
post Mar 20 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JonF @ Mar 16 2007, 11:48 PM) *
It appears that the last parameter doesn't work:

I tried this and got the same result as you.

I did it again using "/min" as the parameter instead of "min", but it didn't make any difference. The text all seems to get into shortcut.inf OK, but it doesn't do anything.

I think that you are right. It just doesn't work.

+Quote Post
NightMan
post Mar 21 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 575

Russia

martinr
Thanks, fixed

Attached File  vpeldr006.rar ( 561.73K ) Number of downloads: 286

+Quote Post
martinr
post Mar 21 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NightMan @ Mar 21 2007, 02:16 PM) *
martinr
Thanks, fixed

Marvellous! The new vpeldr.exe fixes the normal|min|max problem which JonF had.

It also disposes of the problem I had with Total Commander. I can now use "Append" instead of "Prepend" in TXTAddLine and get the result I expected.

+Quote Post
Guest_forkart_*
post Apr 9 2007, 08:58 AM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (speed45 @ Feb 17 2007, 04:39 PM) *
Hi I would like to know how to add programs to the vistape bulid I am trying to make. I got a whole bunch of programs from bartpe disc that I currently use and would like to add programs like 7-zip, avg, deepburner, etc... can someone provide me with a how to on getting this done with WinBuilder. Thanks

+Quote Post
Nuno Brito
post Apr 9 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1

Portugal

Some programs might require registry entries so you might need to create a script for adding these programs on your vistape project.. smile.gif

--------------------
Use the search tool to find all posts made by other members and help you solve any doubts quickly by yourself.
Whenever possible - place your questions including as many details as you can to help us help you - Thanks!

nuno? --> pics

+Quote Post
JonF
post Apr 22 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced user
Member No.: 2,319

United States

QUOTE (NightMan @ Feb 23 2007, 04:55 PM) *
!PDC - !CD\Programs